IGNORED

Aston Villa (Away) Friday August 23rd

markjazzbassist

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Thing is DCL is a man with no confidence in front of goal and he’s our fucking main striker. 

He’s playing well other than his shot though, but your right... a player with no confidence sometimes needs taking out of the headlights. Take the pressure of before it gets too much.

This game is screaming out for Iwobi and Kean... direct and not scared to run at defenders.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

He’s playing well other than his shot though, but your right... a player with no confidence sometimes needs taking out of the headlights. Take the pressure of before it gets too much.

This game is screaming out for Iwobi and Kean... direct and not scared to run at defenders.

Well Shukes mate I’m astounded you agree with me for once 😀

These lot need their heads pulling out of their arses. Absolute shambles since we went behind. Gomes stopped wanting the ball, the other forwards' second touch is a tackle and Keane isn't on a different planet. 

Mina, Digne, Coleman and Schneiderlin are the only ones fully engaged in this game. The rest need to get a fucking grip.

Just now, Finn balor said:

I must be watching a different game shukes. Thought Bernard and Coleman have been our most attacking outlets 

He’s involved mate, I just think he needs to pass before the final ball, as most attacks end at him. I really want him to be great, but I’m starting to think he just isn’t a premier player..... and trust me, it hurts to even think that. I want him to be great so badly. 

Would live nothing more than to have egg of my face 🙁

Bollockings needed here. We've got worse as the games gone on. Too many players missing and doing basic stuff shite...Richarlisons off boil, Schneiderlein is nowhere to be seen, Gomes has strangely hit a sudden brick wall. We really need that man in the middle who can tackle everything in sight because they are going right through us at the moment.

DCL...feel for him. Really should have scored. Does many thinks well, but needs goals.

Other than that. Spot on.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I know we all don’t want to say it, but we need to take Bernard off for Iwobi, he just doesn’t have that final ball in him 🙁

Completely agree. He gets in some nice positions but it's pointless because he is wasting everything. Not to mention he is playing so far inside and way too early in the move that we have no width whatsoever.  

There are a few I could say similar too though to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a harder to miss than score attempt but DCL simply has to bury that chance, especially when he's got Moise Kean breathing down his neck for the starting position. Good strikers pick their place and find it; Aguero, Henry, Drogba would have all finished that and to be in with a chance of European football we need a player of that mould that can hit the back of the net. 

Overall, not a terrible half from us although we need to both be clinical up front and stop switching off at the back. DCL off for Kean would be my chance at half-time. Iwobi for Sigurdsson on the hour mark if the latter continues to be anonymous. 

Silva looks pissed off though which is a good thing, expect a good bollocking at half time and hopefully a new team for the next 45. 

15 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

gomes and morgan being run over in the middle of the park.  they are just waltzing through the middle.

They've been brilliant going forward though mate, all of our passes from the middle have been on point - we just need to tighten up without the ball.