IGNORED

Aston Villa (Away) Friday August 23rd

markjazzbassist

1 minute ago, Newty82 said:

Bollockings needed here. We've got worse as the games gone on. Too many players missing and doing basic stuff shite...Richarlisons off boil, Schneiderlein is nowhere to be seen, Gomes has strangely hit a sudden brick wall. We really need that man in the middle who can tackle everything in sight because they are going right through us at the moment.

DCL...feel for him. Really should have scored. Does many thinks well, but needs goals.

Other than that. Spot on.

Gomes doesn't strike me as fella to rely on when the chips are down.

Awful after conceding the goal. This is why we're miles behind the top 6, we're not reactive in any way what so ever. As soon as we go down roll over and get our bellies tickled. 

Digne and Coleman constantly getting caught too high up the pitch, but the blame is on the midfield and forwards who are losing possession inexcusably. 

Gomes is having a wobble. Everyone losing their heads that pass/shot from Siggy in the last minute topped it off, what on earth was he thinking. 

Richarlison is having an awful season so far. Bernard looks good in flashes then does something stupid like the touch he had which lead to their goal. 

Schniderlin hasn't done an awful lot wrong but also hasn't made any impact on the game because he is a nothing player. 

Need to come out this second half with more confidence and patience. 

So much overall to be pleased about, but offset by unforced turnovers, and for the 2/3 possession and passes down the wing into open space...we have ONE shot on target and are down 1-0.

Richy and Gomes aren't "on" and DCL is working hard and positioning well as usual, but also as usual not making runs and not creating danger himself.  I agree with several of the above - Iwobi and Kean can make an impact. The XI we have on the pitch today don't appear to have 2 goals in them.

Just now, Shukes said:

He’s involved mate, I just think he needs to pass before the final ball, as most attacks end at him. I really want him to be great, but I’m starting to think he just isn’t a premier player..... and trust me, it hurts to even think that. I want him to be great so badly. 

Would live nothing more than to have egg of my face 🙁

I love watching him. He is a great footballer. I know what you mean about the final ball but he’s got DCl to play into. A great striker makes an average ball look good 

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

He’s involved mate, I just think he needs to pass before the final ball, as most attacks end at him. I really want him to be great, but I’m starting to think he just isn’t a premier player..... and trust me, it hurts to even think that. I want him to be great so badly. 

Would live nothing more than to have egg of my face 🙁

You’ve had so much of that you look like an omelette 

First half  63% possession not a single shot on target.  If we don't bring a  half decent striker in in the January window its mid-table for us at best.  I can't believe Silva keeps picking DCL to start.  We will be playing for 0 - 0 draws every game but hoping to pinch a 1 - 0 win.

2 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I love watching him. He is a great footballer. I know what you mean about the final ball but he’s got DCl to play into. A great striker makes an average ball look good 

Your right mate. I’m just having one of those moments, decisions, where got thinking... is he? isn't he? It’s almost like I think.. go on son, prove me wrong.

1 minute ago, johnh said:

First half  63% possession not a single shot on target.  If we don't bring a  half decent striker in in the January window its mid-table for us at best.  I can't believe Silva keeps picking DCL to start.  We will be playing for 0 - 0 draws every game but hoping to pinch a 1 - 0 win.

I hope you haven’t just woke up from a coma John but we’ve signed a good striker 

Just now, Shukes said:

Your right mate. I’m just having one of those moments, decisions, where got thinking... is he? isn't he? It’s almost like I think.. go on son, prove me wrong.

I get you pal I really do. I just think he’s class. He’s obviously not David Silva class but with a top striker who is on his wave length he would look even better 

7 minutes ago, johnh said:

How was DCL's shot that was cleared off the line not on target?

Stats are crap.

3 minutes ago, Ghoat said:

Bernard is playing MUCH better than Richy for me. 7 has done little that's threatening since he didn't get the pen call (which was a good no call).

I can’t claim Richarlison is playing well, either.  Actually none of our front 4 is doing enough.  And I think highly of Gomes, but not today.

Just don’t want to see Silva wait until 70 minutes to bring on attackers.