IGNORED

Lincoln (Carabao Cup Away) Wednesday August 28th

markjazzbassist

4-3-3

Pickford 

sidibe     Keane    Mina     Baines

Gomes      Deph      Davies

Richarlison      Kean        Iwobi

Gomes is a confidence player - let him get back out and make things right after a poor game. If delph is fit get him in. Front 3 are mobile and would cause all sorts of head aches. Keane and Mina need as many games together, don’t like changing the defence let alone CB pairing, Holgate can wait for his chance.

4 hours ago, Btay said:

4-3-3

Pickford 

Gomes is a confidence player - let him get back out and make things right after a poor game. If delph is fit get him in. Front 3 are mobile and would cause all sorts of head aches. Keane and Mina need as many games together, don’t like changing the defence let alone CB pairing, Holgate can wait for his chance.

Get either Digne or Coleman in that squad and its spot on, really like it.

6 hours ago, Btay said:

4-3-3

Pickford 

Delph is still injured no?

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

Delph is still injured no?

From the official website (Silva) 4 days ago.

He [Delph] has already started with the team, not full sessions, but it's possible next week he will do a full session with the team and it will be a possibility for him to play a full match or during one of the two matches that we have to play [against Lincoln City and Wolverhampton Wanderers].

7 hours ago, Btay said:

4-3-3

Pickford 

Would go with this as well.

2 hours ago, barryj said:

From the official website (Silva) 4 days ago.

He [Delph] has already started with the team, not full sessions, but it's possible next week he will do a full session with the team and it will be a possibility for him to play a full match or during one of the two matches that we have to play [against Lincoln City and Wolverhampton Wanderers].

Still a couple of days for him to get injured again then. 

Apologies I thought delph was further along than that - Morgan seemed to bottle it against Villa for me, Gomes was having a mare but he was still trying to move the ball forward or create something whereas Morgan just shifted it a few yards sideways. Would rather see young Baningime get a run if Delph isn’t ready.

10 hours ago, Aidan said:

Get either Digne or Coleman in that squad and its spot on, really like it.

I’d like to keep Digne in mostly and see what Sidibe has. I don’t think Baines would rock the boat but Digne did have an injury scare. ( not sure Baines has 90 at intensity in his legs )

Agree about Digne, I think he's actually a default captain out there now and will be all the more required if there are a few changes.  A lot of people don't want to see Pickford omitted, but I'm in the camp that says you need to give the backup a game every now and then.  If Lossl sits for 2 or 3 months straight he's going to be very rusty if we ever need him.

------------Lossl----------

Sidibe-Mina-Keane-Digne

Delph ---Gomes --- Davies

Iwobi---Kean---Bernard

5 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

Agree about Digne, I think he's actually a default captain out there now and will be all the more required if there are a few changes.  A lot of people don't want to see Pickford omitted, but I'm in the camp that says you need to give the backup a game every now and then.  If Lossl sits for 2 or 3 months straight he's going to be very rusty if we ever need him.

------------Lossl----------

Sidibe-Mina-Keane-Digne

Delph ---Gomes --- Davies

Iwobi---Kean---Bernard

Flip Delph and Davies so the lefty is on left and righty on right, and I'd be happy w that XI

Could imagine him at right back? I’m sure Marco won’t make the same mistake as last year. We have two games then an international break. I wouldn’t argue against digne being rested just because of how important he is to us in the long run. Davies probably would come in somewhere depending on formation. I think it has to be 4-3-3 from now on 

Hmm...

Lossl is out and dont fancy Stek in goal. Digne needs a rest already as he had a muscle injury. Mina i think needs some managing based on fitness last year. Delph maybe a sicknote already and prob shouldnt start yet if not needed. Gbamin already out. Options for tomorrow already looking limited. Think i posted a team a week or so back, its prob going to be different to this with latest news:

Pickford

Sidibe Holgate Keane Baines(c)

Schneids

Theo  Davies  Gomes   Bernard

Kean

Iwobi + 2 youths on as subs if luxury of having a choice

Let's play our strongest team, go for the cups, we've never won this one before, it's one of our 3 ways into Europa. My team

Pickford

Coleman  Keane  Mina   Digne

Charlie   Gomes  Siggs  Iwobi

DCL   Kean,

We dominated Villa last weekend but couldn't score, but one great moment happened, the link up play between Iwobi and our new superstar Kean. Kean played the most perfect pass and Theo blasted over. I'm giving DCL a free pass in this game, but I think our 19 year old star has already showed maturity, he knows how to play football. The link up at the end of last season between Mustard and Charlie got us so many points, keep that combination, I think we have a new partnership on the left.

Thoughts ??

Full strength. Iwobi and Kean starting for me, get Gomes and Sig some more game time to play out of their rut.

Pickford

Coleman Keane Mina Digne

Gomes Delph/Davies

Sigurdsson

Richarlison Kean Iwobi

I'd be bringing Sidibe on second half proving we are comfortable and winning too.

21 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Could imagine him at right back? I’m sure Marco won’t make the same mistake as last year. We have two games then an international break. I wouldn’t argue against digne being rested just because of how important he is to us in the long run. Davies probably would come in somewhere depending on formation. I think it has to be 4-3-3 from now on 

??? That's why we brought in Sidibe

13 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Let's play as many of the U23s as are eligible to get a sense of who's progressing well and we might see breaking into the first team later this season.

They played last night in the other cup and won on Pens. Benni got sent off though.