IGNORED

Bournemouth (Away) Sunday September 15th

markjazzbassist

I come away from that game thinking that we didn't play that badly, especially not to end up losing 3-1 to Bournemouth. We largely dominated the game, we had more chances and we looked like the better team that were more likely to score and then one mistake followed another and we are back to last season, or you could argue the several seasons before that.

Pickford was largely left stranded for all of the goals and was solid throughout.

Digne was quieter than normal. I thought he was very average in the first half and whilst he improved in the second he still struggled to beat the defender with his cross.

Keane was terrible. He gave the ball away too often, he was caught ball watching several times but got away with it and then on the last goal he wasnt on the same wavelength as the rest of the side.

Mina was my MOTM. He was dominant in the air. He had no trouble at all with either CF and his ability to play out from the back is a very underrated asset especially as he is very composed when doing it.

Coleman was his usual self. Full of energy and heart but didn't add any quality when he got forward.

Schneiderlin played well. He dropped off a bit when the game was gone but defensively he was very good and whilst he was relatively safe with his passing he was tidy and linked well. Him and Delph looked a solid partnership.

Delph would have been MOTM on his first half display. He was everywhere and what impressed me the most was that his passing was aggressive. He plays a lot of vertical passes rather than simple and safe side to side balls and he transitioned the play superbly. He then played a couple of sloppy sideways balls in the second half (Rooneyesque) and then God knows what he was thinking for the goal. Its the same thing I saw at City. Real promise, let down by moments of poor decisions.

Siggy didnt really get into the game enough. Again I dont think he was poor and there was a number of times when him and DCL were in each others way. As the second half wore on there were also signs of him not being as sharp but he had toiled for 60 minutes with not much help from the man next to him.

Richarlison played well albeit he also dropped off in the second half. Unlucky to strike the bar with a dipping strike, probably should have done better with a header too and maybe a further shot in the second half and he had a couple of through balls that were slightly over hit but he was full of endeavour and at times he was playing as the striker, number 10 and winger. I think the international break probably took its toll on him at the end.

Iwobi was another that was a bit quiet to start with but he got better and better as the game went on and his link up play with Siggy and Digne got better and better. He did well when he played more centrally too. There were a couple of times that he just couldn't finish off a good run or passing move and on another day I imagine he would have bagged at least a goal or an assist.

DCL looked well off it today. I thought he was lethargic (for his standards) being caught on his heels a lot and he seemed to be on a completely different wavelength to the others. There must have been around 3 or 4 occasions that simple balls when to him and he immediately lost control as those behind him were pushing on. I know he scored but lets face it, that is the only way he will score at the moment. I am surprised it wasn't chalked off either as he clearly pushed and then had his arms on Cook's shoulders hampering his ability to get off the ground.

The subs didnt bring a great deal to the game but not for the first time they were too late. Silva can't legislate for the goals they scored in the second half but Kean should have been on at half time, or certainly much sooner at 1-1 and certainly not when the game had gone.

Marco deserves fault for picking the team. Kean needs games to get used to the premier league. I don’t know why he dropped him today. I would have played gilfi deeper alongside Delph. On gilfi I thought he started better than recent weeks but then tailed off and had little impact again. Away from home we need to  be more clinical and I think we overplay in the final third. Today we got bullied, we didn’t win many second balls and it’s another game like villa that the two centre backs were not communicating with each other. We have had a real easy run of games compared to Leicester and wolves and I can see us regularly conceding goals. Apart from Delph I saw very few shouting and getting in peoples faces which is what we need. The ref gave us nothing but the players weren’t appealing and making it hard for him. So frustrating today 

54 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I come away from that game thinking that we didn't play that badly, especially not to end up losing 3-1 to Bournemouth. We largely dominated the game, we had more chances and we looked like the better team that were more likely to score and then one mistake followed another and we are back to last season, or you could argue the several seasons before that.

Pickford was largely left stranded for all of the goals and was solid throughout.

Digne was quieter than normal. I thought he was very average in the first half and whilst he improved in the second he still struggled to beat the defender with his cross.

Keane was terrible. He gave the ball away too often, he was caught ball watching several times but got away with it and then on the last goal he wasnt on the same wavelength as the rest of the side.

Mina was my MOTM. He was dominant in the air. He had no trouble at all with either CF and his ability to play out from the back is a very underrated asset especially as he is very composed when doing it.

Coleman was his usual self. Full of energy and heart but didn't add any quality when he got forward.

Schneiderlin played well. He dropped off a bit when the game was gone but defensively he was very good and whilst he was relatively safe with his passing he was tidy and linked well. Him and Delph looked a solid partnership.

Delph would have been MOTM on his first half display. He was everywhere and what impressed me the most was that his passing was aggressive. He plays a lot of vertical passes rather than simple and safe side to side balls and he transitioned the play superbly. He then played a couple of sloppy sideways balls in the second half (Rooneyesque) and then God knows what he was thinking for the goal. Its the same thing I saw at City. Real promise, let down by moments of poor decisions.

Siggy didnt really get into the game enough. Again I dont think he was poor and there was a number of times when him and DCL were in each others way. As the second half wore on there were also signs of him not being as sharp but he had toiled for 60 minutes with not much help from the man next to him.

Richarlison played well albeit he also dropped off in the second half. Unlucky to strike the bar with a dipping strike, probably should have done better with a header too and maybe a further shot in the second half and he had a couple of through balls that were slightly over hit but he was full of endeavour and at times he was playing as the striker, number 10 and winger. I think the international break probably took its toll on him at the end.

Iwobi was another that was a bit quiet to start with but he got better and better as the game went on and his link up play with Siggy and Digne got better and better. He did well when he played more centrally too. There were a couple of times that he just couldn't finish off a good run or passing move and on another day I imagine he would have bagged at least a goal or an assist.

DCL looked well off it today. I thought he was lethargic (for his standards) being caught on his heels a lot and he seemed to be on a completely different wavelength to the others. There must have been around 3 or 4 occasions that simple balls when to him and he immediately lost control as those behind him were pushing on. I know he scored but lets face it, that is the only way he will score at the moment. I am surprised it wasn't chalked off either as he clearly pushed and then had his arms on Cook's shoulders hampering his ability to get off the ground.

The subs didnt bring a great deal to the game but not for the first time they were too late. Silva can't legislate for the goals they scored in the second half but Kean should have been on at half time, or certainly much sooner at 1-1 and certainly not when the game had gone.

Good analysis Bailey but if we have aspirations for top 6 this shouldn't be necessary. We should be on top of the game .

34 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Marco deserves fault for picking the team. Kean needs games to get used to the premier league. I don’t know why he dropped him today. I would have played gilfi deeper alongside Delph. On gilfi I thought he started better than recent weeks but then tailed off and had little impact again. Away from home we need to  be more clinical and I think we overplay in the final third. Today we got bullied, we didn’t win many second balls and it’s another game like villa that the two centre backs were not communicating with each other. We have had a real easy run of games compared to Leicester and wolves and I can see us regularly conceding goals. Apart from Delph I saw very few shouting and getting in peoples faces which is what we need. The ref gave us nothing but the players weren’t appealing and making it hard for him. So frustrating today 

End of....

4 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Delph stands out a mile 

First half he was excellent. Second half was transfer list form. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I think he has and was lucky not to get a red. 

Not been as bad as Richarlison though. Bar one good strike he’s been responsible for 2 of their goals. The lad needs taking out of the spotlight for a bit 

He was the best attacker on the pitch for us. Only one with proper drive and threat. Thought the tracking back and tackle was the right thing to do. We should have been able to deal with the fk. 

3 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Ref is shite 

He was not the problem today.

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

I thought Richarlison has played well too. Without him we would have had a shot.

I'm not having him being responsible either. I know why your saying it but he was put in that position by the poor play of others. The 2nd in particular he had sprinted back just to be able to put in a challenge before he got into the box.

Yup.

Gilfy, DCL were totally anonymous.  Digne didn't have the quality today but kept at it all game.  Keane  is having a major hangover from his England performance, cost us the game for my money. 

Kean needs to start.

Delph had to watch himself the second half he couldn’t impose himself like he would want to because of the yellow card. At the end of the day he needs help in there and can’t be the one shouting and throwing himself into tackles all the time. If you look at the second goal charly eventually brought down the attacker for the free kick but he had a nip at him fifteen yards earlier and that’s where we need to be more “professional” take the foul earlier for God’s sake 

4 hours ago, memmaclub2 said:

Are you kidding ?????? Thats was the guys 13th Goal in 83 appearances. I am all for giving youth a chance but he has had two season with 30+ games and his highest goal return is 6 out of 35 Games. When as a manager do you admit defeat.

Not a stats person mate. Just got at home and see with those two little things in my head..... eyes.

Use them, they are your greatest gift.