• Bernard
    • Moise Kean
    • Gylfi Sigurðsson
    • Richarlison
    • Alex Iwobi
    • Cenk Tosun
    • Theo Walcott

This poll is closed to new votes

Current Player of the Season standings....
Lucas Digne...40
Yerry Mina...33
Jordan Pickford...27
Fabian Delph...19
Richarlison...16
Alex Iwobi...13
Bernard...5
Seamus Coleman...3
André Gomes...3
Gylfi Sigurðsson...3
Michael Keane...2
Cenk Tosun...2
Jean-Philippe Gbamin...1
Morgan Schneiderlin...1

Previous MOTM winners...
Bournemouth (A)...Lucas Digne
Wolves (H)...Fabian Delph
Lincoln City (A)...Lucas Digne
Aston Villa (A)...Yerry Mina
Watford (H)...Yerry Mina
Crystal Palace (A)...Jordan Pickford

4 hours ago, StevO said:

Pickford, don’t like voting for a keeper who kept a clean sheet but everyone else was shite and I don’t think he was at fault for the goals. 
Even Digne has forgotten how to cross a ball. 
worrying times with City next weekend. 

Are you serious Steve? Pickford was at fault for both goals. The first one was sunday league goalkeeping!

Worryingly though, he's the least of our worries. Hopefully next week, City will be hoodwinked by our "get it wide, extremely slowly, and cross it" tactics. Pep Guardiola will be studying us all week trying to figure out how to defend against us.

12 hours ago, sydneyneil said:

Are you serious Steve? Pickford was at fault for both goals. The first one was sunday league goalkeeping!

Worryingly though, he's the least of our worries. Hopefully next week, City will be hoodwinked by our "get it wide, extremely slowly, and cross it" tactics. Pep Guardiola will be studying us all week trying to figure out how to defend against us.

On the first goal I think he is fouled, if he tries to catch rather then punch it he may get the free kick as the man who’s on him is backing in. I don’t think it’s easy for a keeper to be at fault for a goal that ultimately goes in off one of his defenders.  

But please, Neil, explain to me how he is at fault for the second goal. I’m intrigued to hear how you can blame a goal keeper in a one on one situation. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

But please, Neil, explain to me how he is at fault for the second goal. I’m intrigued to hear how you can blame a goal keeper in a one on one situation. 

I thought he stopped coming for the through ball when he was in a position to win it, giving Mousett the opportunity to shoot.

1 minute ago, Wiggytop said:

I thought he stopped coming for the through ball when he was in a position to win it, giving Mousett the opportunity to shoot.

Really? Come on mate. 
No issue that a simple ball split our whole team apart, but it’s the keepers fault for not coming rushing out. 

I think in most games 9/10 times the keeper gets a foul. The lad puts his hands on Pickford but Pickford should take everyone out there in his six yard box or make more of the foul. The second one was a good ball by lundstram but I think coming off his line like he did made the forwards mind up. If he stays on his line the attacker has a real tight angle. That’s just my opinion 

4 hours ago, StevO said:

On the first goal I think he is fouled, if he tries to catch rather then punch it he may get the free kick as the man who’s on him is backing in. I don’t think it’s easy for a keeper to be at fault for a goal that ultimately goes in off one of his defenders.  

I agree, its a foul. Not sure what the point of VAR is.

Im 50/50 on the second, when I watched it I was expecting him to come out and then maybe he can block the shot closer to the player but if the player can square it then they have an open goal. Personally I think Digne and Keane should have done a lot more. I am at a loss as to why Keane isn't covering in behind Digne. There is no-one else to mark and Coleman is in position too. He should be a lot closer to Mousset by the time he gets to the ball.

47 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

My mate who is a united fan is on holiday abroad and was texting me as he was watching it live. He texted saying they were both Pickfords fault. I handnt watched it until today and I agree. More the second one. 

I'm sat in Rop Balcony there a bloody pillar obscuring part of the Gwladys St goal so didn't fully see the first, but did on the second, watching live my immediate thought was why did Pickford stop/slow coming out, he looked odds on to get there first to me.

• MikeO locked this topic