IGNORED

Quick vote on Silva

Peter H

Second referendum. Silva - revoke A50 or no deal?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Should Silva go now?

• Yes, get rid
    • Give him more time
    • Not at all, its not his fault.

Give him more but I think the next month is crucial. Expect a beating from City next week so forget that. But Burnley, West Ham, Brighton... Far from easy games, if we ended up not winning any of those or winning one and losing two, I think he'd be under huge pressure. 

Yesterday surprised me tbh, after the run we had back end of last season I was shocked to see us look so badly inept. Ive said this for two years now but Schneiderlin being anywhere near our first team, never mind starting, is a huge problem. Sigurdsson is now a huge problem, he was garbage yesterday and I think the only way you ever get a tune out of him is playing off the striker in a 4-4-2. Keane is a problem and I fully expected him to look shit again after his mistake for England. Not having a striker who can score regularly is obviously still a huge problem but fuck me Tosun is not the answer. 

More time 3 or 4 more games and then see what’s happening, I get the feeling if you are a manager or striker and come to us the roles seem to be unattainable. 

Are we that difficult of a team to manage or play for, I know it can be difficult as a supporter but we’re not being paid a fortune to endure the pain, we take because of the love. 

If and it’s a big if we move on from Silva (not what I want at the minute) we need to get a proven manager this time thats won things. Both our closest opposition  (Leicester and West Ham) have done that and time will tell. Equally Man U and us haven’t - we’ll see if this proves costly. 

Maybe the loss of his assistant has had a detrimental effect... not sure how much influence he had. More likely be the loss of Gueye and Zouma though. Zouma and Keane looked to have a real understanding - we need to do all we can to get that back. I see Zouma further down the pecking order when James and Rudiger are fully fit as I think Lampard will give James a chance and move Azpelecueta (however you spell it!) into a 3 man defence where he’s done well previously.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully he gets the boot in the morning.

surely no one wants to continue to watch this drivel? If I read another “needs more time” comment......

So boring, so predictable and I’m sure we love the ball the slowest in the premier league. We are the easiest team to play against. He should be sacked for how embarrassing we are on set pieces alone. Throw into that an attacking threat which is less than what big Sam served up and you have the worst combination of all the past few managers. 

I don’t know my heart says get rid my head says far to soon into the season, head has won Let’s give him till mid December and a chance to get the injured players back so he can work with the team he planned to put out. 
But my one real problem I have with him besides the results is his demeanour on the touch line show some passion get a bit riled with the players, the miserable folded arms look pisses me off show some passion and fight and maybe your team will, and also it would help massively if we had a captain with some bark and bite, because some players aren’t doing it and with no one pulling them up they are just going through the motions, we need for more fight for places and that will show with more fight on the pitch. 

If we give Silva another month, we could see ourselves out of the Carabao Cup and sitting firmly in the bottom three of the Premier League. If we sack him over the next week or so, who takes his place? Unless the 'powers that be' have some sort of Plan-B in place, it's going to be Dave Unsworth again. 

35 minutes ago, sydneyneil said:

Hopefully he gets the boot in the morning.

surely no one wants to continue to watch this drivel? If I read another “needs more time” comment......

So boring, so predictable and I’m sure we love the ball the slowest in the premier league. We are the easiest team to play against. He should be sacked for how embarrassing we are on set pieces alone. Throw into that an attacking threat which is less than what big Sam served up and you have the worst combination of all the past few managers. 

With my heart I agree with nearly everything you have passionately said, but when I engage my head I think he should be given a bit longer. 

24 minutes ago, Palfy said:

With my heart I agree with nearly everything you have passionately said, but when I engage my head I think he should be given a bit longer. 

Usually I'd agree with you. But you've also got to look at what's going on on the pitch. We started playing some decent stuff back end of last season, or at least better than we had been used to. It's shocking how far backwards we've gone in 8 games. If he insists on playing the shape and the style he keeps sticking to I can't say where he's going to improve it. It isn't working. 

5 minutes ago, nogs said:

Usually I'd agree with you. But you've also got to look at what's going on on the pitch. We started playing some decent stuff back end of last season, or at least better than we had been used to. It's shocking how far backwards we've gone in 8 games. If he insists on playing the shape and the style he keeps sticking to I can't say where he's going to improve it. It isn't working. 

The run of last season and how we played against the so called top 6 was great, but it was more about hitting teams who were going through a bad patch when we played them in the main, plus we were able to play the same team most games, I maintained we would finish 7th this season and got into some heated debates with those who thought we would finish 4th based on the end of last season.

I still believe we can finish 7th this season which will be taking us in the right direction and an improvement on last, it’s still early days and we have struggled with injuries in the middle get Gomes back up to speed and JPG fully integrated and we will be able to sort one of our biggest problems of controlling the midfield and getting us going forward quicker, and I would also say Silva needs to be braver with his team selection instead of going for the big name players who aren’t performing.  

The run at the end of last season was at a time when we were not playing for anything. The season had evaporated and the pressure was off. We also played the worst Man U team for some time and let’s face it, Liverpool apart, a declining top 6. It’s much more difficult to get yourself in a position to challenge the top teams then maintain it. Gana gueye also played the best few months of his Everton career with his obvious move in mind.

we will be in a relegation scrap no doubt if we Keep Silva. No doubt whatsoever. Pinning our hopes on a very inconsistent and injury prone Andre Gomes and some guy called JPG who we don’t even know is any good or not is ludicrous. 

The biggest worry is that we look so toothless. We don’t seem to be able to grit our teeth. We don’t seem to have any bottle for a fight.

This is where a manager SHOULD be coming into his own. We need to see togetherness, steel, and working for the shirt.

Im struggling to give him until December.