IGNORED

Quick vote on Silva

Peter H

Second referendum. Silva - revoke A50 or no deal?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Should Silva go now?

• Yes, get rid
    • Give him more time
    • Not at all, its not his fault.

45 minutes ago, Shukes said:

The biggest worry is that we look so toothless. We don’t seem to be able to grit our teeth. We don’t seem to have any bottle for a fight.

This is where a manager SHOULD be coming into his own. We need to see togetherness, steel, and working for the shirt.

Im struggling to give him until December.

To an extent I think we did show desire to not concede in open play. I think most, including myself, would have expected to be bullied today but we weren't. We were beaten by our captain getting sent off and another stupid set piece goal. 

We showed absolutely fuck all in attack and when you feel like you can concede every time there is a set piece in your half you have to be able create chances at the other end and we don't.  Even in our good spell, we didn't create a lot of chances against the crap sides. That is what I am struggling with at the moment because I don't see how that is going to change even with Gomes, JPG, by bringing back Gueye or Zouma or by resurecting Dixie Dean.

26 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Just a question but how many players did Brendan Rodgers buy in the summer? One maybe two? He has basically taken over the same team as his predecessor and lost arguably his best player. They have played I think all of the top four or five from last season aswell. Food for thought. 

One of the key things with that Leicester side is that they had a good core. The signings they did make (Tielemans, Praet, Perez, not sure about Soyuncu) have slotted in really well. I think/hope that our next manager will inherit a similar situation where there is a very good group of players, lacking a CB, that just requires a bit of settling in.

I didn’t vote originally but think it’s time for him to go now. We have had such a kind start to the season on paper - to take so little in terms of points is awful. Not one performance this season has made me feel that we’ve got a real game plan that’s going to help us kick in and do something positive. We’re still toothless in attack, we’re shipping far too many goals. We only play one system. Subs are general reactive to an injury or goal conceded. We had the perfect opportunity to really make a positive start this season with a kind set of fixtures - we’ve blown it and I think Silva’s the one who deserves most of the criticism.

I don’t actually like it when we sack managers (bar Big Sam) but I actually think now is the time. We need to be decisive.

Haven't voted until now, likecothers I don't favour changing managers after a couple of defeats it seemed too much of a knee jerk reaction, but the last four games have shown that he is out of his depth.We have plan A and it's not very good, in fact it's very poor, every team knows how to play against us, and when we're up against it, we persist with plan A to the final whistle. Our defending at set pieces is appalling, MOTD highlighted Keane pointing to Kendrick being unmarked before the second goal, but no one took any action cos zonal marking doesn't allow for that and we paid the price. They did exactly the same in the first half, his shot hitting Pickford legs. We just don't seem to be able to learn or adapt. Someone keeps saying first sign of  insanity is failing at something, but to keep doing the same thing and expecting it to work ( well something along those lines) and that seems to ge exactly where we're at. 

At 0-0 half time yesterday, it was time to try DCL and Keen upfront, opportunity missed

As much as I don’t like him as a manager, Mourinho coming in on a 2.5 year contract might bring the stability that we’ve needed on the pitch. He’d also bring a bigger character that might attract bigger players. Then, when he inevitably loses it, we’ve at least gotten ourselves balanced and look more attractive to a top manager without it costing us a fortune. 

The idea of Arteta coming in also quite excites me, even more so if he took Unsworth as his assistant. That kind of experience and love of the club could do wonders 

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

As much as I don’t like him as a manager, Mourinho coming in on a 2.5 year contract might bring the stability that we’ve needed on the pitch. He’d also bring a bigger character that might attract bigger players. Then, when he inevitably loses it, we’ve at least gotten ourselves balanced and look more attractive to a top manager without it costing us a fortune. 

Welcome to the dark side Matt

21 minutes ago, StevO said:

Welcome to the dark side Matt

I’ve seen the potential benefits for a while but didn’t think we needed him. Silva isn’t going to get to Christmas at this rate (which is when I was trying to hold judgement for) so it’s time to thinking of other options 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

The idea of Arteta coming in also quite excites me, even more so if he took Unsworth as his assistant. That kind of experience and love of the club could do wonders 

I dont think Mourinho ever brings stability...

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Just please don't go near Unsworth or Arteta.

Although, both of those would be better options than the idiot fans of ours who have seriously been shouting for Duncan Ferguson.

Curious as to why you wouldn't want Arteta? Pep is brilliant and has kept him on as number 2. Not saying that makes a good manager, just curious. 

4 hours ago, Matt said:

I’ve seen the potential benefits for a while but didn’t think we needed him. Silva isn’t going to get to Christmas at this rate (which is when I was trying to hold judgement for) so it’s time to thinking of other options 

I think he would have the team working hard, he plays effective football rather than pretty football. He brings a siege mentality that the crowd would really get behind. And he’s bloody horrible, and we’re too nice. 

He seriously raises the profile which opens the door the a top level manager the next time round. 

15 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Phelan and Kidd are first team coaches and highly regarded at Man Utd. McLaren is a useless lump, but Rene managed Real I think.

Kidd is working under Pep at City, been there for years. He’s also number two alongside Arteta.

My point was learning from the best doesn’t always make you the best. None of these went on to have the kind of career as a manager that they would have liked, they also had the best apprenticeship. 

I hope Arteta goes on to be a top manager, but I’d rather we didn’t take that first risk. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

So did Brian Kidd, Mike Phealan, Steve McLaren, Rene Mulenstien under Ferguson. 

Weirdly I was thinking this earlier... why haven't any of SAF's assistants or former players gone on to anything big in management? 

All the best managers have people who worked with or under them that have gone on to win things but not probably the greatest coach in history.

40 minutes ago, StevO said:

Kidd is working under Pep at City, been there for years. He’s also number two alongside Arteta.

My point was learning from the best doesn’t always make you the best. None of these went on to have the kind of career as a manager that they would have liked, they also had the best apprenticeship. 

I hope Arteta goes on to be a top manager, but I’d rather we didn’t take that first risk. 

I agree its a risk, but having played under Wenger and assisted Pep he has had a good managerial education so that's a help.

Not many managerial appointments come risk free.