IGNORED

Mendy silva tweet

I’m sorry I’m fuming about this. I might be ignorant don’t get me wrong but I’ve just had to watch some professor turd saying silva was being racist because he posted a “stereotypical” cartoon of someone who had bulbous eyes and that defined a black person? He was having banter with his mate? If Mendy then sends a pick of a cartoon that looks like silva is that the same? It’s fucking shite. The world has gone mad. I could go one for ages on this 

https://www.google.ch/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11679/11819355/john-barnes-defends-bernardo-silva-over-benjamin-mendy-tweet

some people need to learn the actual meaning of racism. The word itself has become so widely used for petty and incorrect by definition things, that it undermines what racism actually is - a feeling of hatred and superiority by one towards another. 

The whole thing is utterly ridiculous. How is it racist?

So if I put a picture up of someone that looks like Matt now, would anyone, anywhere, think that was in any way racist? Nope, no one would bat an eyelid.

Mendy has dark skin so anyone that Silva posted looking like Mendy would have dark skin. That is accuracy, not racism.

Kick It Out should be embarrassed about their reaction to this.

Who’s to determine what are “normal” lips? If I’ve got a big nose and someone sends me a picture of a cartoon with a similar nose is my mate a racist? All ethnicities have certain characteristics that are generally pretty specific. Asian people generally have dark hair. People who have ginger hair generally have paler skin etc etc. Silva was brought up in a multi cultural environment and speaks five languages. He is clearly an educated man. It just really got my goat last night watching this professor basically saying it was disgusting 

45 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

its not the skin its the lips.  that is a stereotype, big lips.  had the little cartoon had normal lips this might have blown over i think.  thoughts?

If Mendy  has big lips and the cartoon has big lips then, again, that is just accurate if the whole point is to say Mendy looks like that cartoon character when he was a kid.

Even John Barnes doesn’t think this was racism and he’s always quick to jump on the bandwagon.