IGNORED

Is it time to bring back Moyes

Palfy

1 hour ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Moyes doesn't have that fire in his belly anymore. It comes with age and experience and a disillusionment with the game. Same with the likes of Benitez and Mourinho who have also been touted.

If rather have Sean, frog in his throat, Dyche

He’s not the exciting name I’d want, but I really wouldn’t mind Dyche. I think he’s very underrated and it would be interesting to see what he would do with better quality players. 

Maybe we need a british manager that is hungry with a chip on his shoulder and a point to prove. A lot of these high profile managers don’t care if they get sacked as they get a huge pay off and walk into another job. Look at lampard at the minute. He has good players and relates to the club and knows what it means and he wants to prove people wrong. I’m not saying lampard is the real deal for one minute but he has started well and the players have responded 

25 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

We should now be at the stage in the squad that we add one or two players a summer. A new manager throws that all into the air again. That’s the worrying bit. Morishi needs to get one right 

This is my worry as well. At this point, Marco should have most of the players he needs to play the way he wants to play. If a new manager comes in then we're basically starting from scratch again.

2 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

Dyche is a donkey.  Honest, hardworking, utilitarian.  You want to play like Burnley for the next 4 years?  What's the difference between a Dyche team and an Allardyce team?

So you’ve only seen what he can do with a small club on a limited budget? That means he couldn’t do more with additional resources?

Im assuming in your job you are working to your maximum capabilities and couldn’t possibly do any better under different circumstances? I know I could do better in mine with a better team around me and more funding and better facilities. 

The difference between him and Sam is that Sam went to many clubs, various different budgets and various different quality of player, and achieved similar results. Dyche has done it once for the long term and done very well with a club like Burnley. He’s got plenty of time left in his career so I don’t see why anyone would think his career has to be so limited. He can’t get players like Bernard, Richarlison, Digne and Gomes at Burnley, but if he could you think he would still play the same way?

Im not saying he’s the man for the job, but to think he just has one style of play (that has beaten us plenty of times in his Burnley career) is just narrow minded. 

27 minutes ago, Bill said:

I also hope not,  but they wouldn't make him favourite for nowt, there has to be something going on.

It’s obvious why they make him favourite. He was our last long term manager, he has Everton at heart, we’re in the relegation zone, he’s not currently employed, a few people in the media have touted his name due to our current situation, people have then bet on him, the odds have stated to reduce, more people have then bet on him again trying to get on band wagon and odds tumble. Simple. 

Id be shocked if he were to get the job. We need to look forwards not backwards. There are lots of great mangers out there we just need the right match. 

9 hours ago, StevO said:

So you’ve only seen what he can do with a small club on a limited budget? That means he couldn’t do more with additional resources?

Im assuming in your job you are working to your maximum capabilities and couldn’t possibly do any better under different circumstances? I know I could do better in mine with a better team around me and more funding and better facilities. 

The difference between him and Sam is that Sam went to many clubs, various different budgets and various different quality of player, and achieved similar results. Dyche has done it once for the long term and done very well with a club like Burnley. He’s got plenty of time left in his career so I don’t see why anyone would think his career has to be so limited. He can’t get players like Bernard, Richarlison, Digne and Gomes at Burnley, but if he could you think he would still play the same way?

Im not saying he’s the man for the job, but to think he just has one style of play (that has beaten us plenty of times in his Burnley career) is just narrow minded. 

I’m sure some United fans argued the same about Moyes...

11 hours ago, Matt said:

I’m sure some United fans argued the same about Moyes...

Bam, was about to say the same thing.

Its a catch 22 though... Some people want Arteta, however the would also have to adapt his managerial 'play style' if he were to come here because we'd get relegated if we set up the same way as City do.

Its about the board sitting down with Brands and identiying targets who could come in and implement a style of play with the players we already have. It's difficult either way really.

11 hours ago, StevO said:

And now they can, he has had the chance to show he was capable of more and it didn’t work out. Until someone has been given the opportunity to grow how can they be written off?

I was just giving a recent example of how that argument can fall flat on its back. 

I like Dyche but his finishes with Burnley don’t show me anything to think he could take us forward. 

5 hours ago, Matt said:

I was just giving a recent example of how that argument can fall flat on its back. 

I like Dyche but his finishes with Burnley don’t show me anything to think he could take us forward. 

I knew where you were coming from mate. 

im not saying he is the man for the job, just that I wouldn’t be that bothered if we got him and we wouldn’t know just how good he is until he’s given the chance. I certainly fancy him more than some of the other names doing the rounds. 

19 hours ago, Aidan said:

Bam, was about to say the same thing.

Its a catch 22 though... Some people want Arteta, however the would also have to adapt his managerial 'play style' if he were to come here because we'd get relegated if we set up the same way as City do.

Its about the board sitting down with Brands and identiying targets who could come in and implement a style of play with the players we already have. It's difficult either way really.

I disagree for what it's worth. Of course he would need to adapt but the principles work with crap players too. Look at Rodgers as an immediate example.

• 2 weeks later...