Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AlbanyNYToffee

10 managers to choose from

10 managers to choose from  

23 members have voted

  1. 1. Who would you like to be the next manager - if these were your only choices (in alpha order)?

    • Mikel Arteta
      9
    • Rafa Benitez
      4
    • Marcelo Bielsa
      1
    • Eddie Howe
      3
    • Marcelino
      0
    • Jose Mourinho
      4
    • David Moyes
      1
    • Phil Neville
      0
    • Gareth Southgate
      0
    • David Unsworth
      1


Recommended Posts

I’ve gone for Arteta.

We have a good sporting director. We have young players and a new stadium on the way. I would love us to bring in someone like Arteta and support him, while letting him build himself and the team.

I know others say they aren’t prepared to let someone use us to build themselves up, but I am if it’s someone related to our club. And I think Arteta fits that profile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Urghhhh....Ugly looking list which depresses me.

All have their negatives.

Could add Houghton or Dyche to those easily too.

Prob go European again like Alegri (pie in sky) or Blanc or Loew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Rafa.

RS son (I know!) just texted and said DM is favourite. Suppose he'd be cheap if they have to pay Silva off.

I'll eat my hat if Moyes comes back.  Like it or not we've recruited a team with no shortage of big ego players.  Need a real figure in the dressing room to put a stamp on the team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a cheap alternative I wouldn't mind Wagner. He done wonders with a very poor side in Huddersfield. Got them doing the basics right and for the salary they were paying he had them playing relatively good football above their means. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not sure with recent history and the managers who have failed, are we manageable im not sure we are.

Something at the club is stopping us from moving on, i dont know the answer but its more than just bringing in another new face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

Im not sure with recent history and the managers who have failed, are we manageable im not sure we are.

Something at the club is stopping us from moving on, i dont know the answer but its more than just bringing in another new face.

Thinks its the hunger in the players that we are missing. We were good under Moyes because he got the diamonds from the Championship in - Gave them the chance to play in the prem and excel, band of brothers like. Who have we signed recently that is the same?

Pickford???

Rest are either here for money or to salvage their career. Need more of the Cahills, Lescotts, Jags....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mikel Arteta - He's never managed, so I don't particularly want him to use Everton to test the water, so to speak. Lots of supporters were saying we need to stop the sentimentality and 'jobs for the boys' attitude, yet there are so many shouts for Arteta

Eddie Howe - Won the League Championship in the 14/15 season. Could be the man to re-establish us in a healthy 8th or 7th place, ready for a better manager to come in and move us forward from there. But would he want to come to Everton?

David Moyes - Brought Everton close to actually winning something in the last 24 years by getting us to our last FA Cup final, ten years ago. Looked completely out of his depth at other clubs since leaving Everton. 

Phil Neville - Even if he was a top manager... wild horses couldn't drag him away from all that young p*ssy he's managing right now. Why would you give that up to sit in a changing room full of sweaty, hairy-arsed men?

Gareth Southgate - Appeared to think that taking England to one of the easiest World Cup semi-finals the National Team have ever played in was good thing, even though they struggled to beat Tunisia, and got beat by Belgium (twice) and Croatia.

David Unsworth - He may have learnt from the mistakes he made last time he took over, but would he ever be more than an interim manager? Could he really command the respect needed from the players? 

I wanted Farhad Moshiri to give Silva until the end of the year, but now I would give him until the Watford Carabao Cup game, at most, whilst sounding out a potential replacement just in case.

We are going to need someone who has experience in dragging clubs out of the mire of the relegation zone (or there about), someone with a no-nonsense attitude, and is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done... even if it's not pretty. Yes folks, hold on to your hats because he's coming back. Hated by all, loved by none, never wanted when here, and happy when he's gone. Get the gravy on a simmer and welcome him home with open arms... Big Sam Allardyce. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Heath said:

Mikel Arteta - He's never managed, so I don't particularly want him to use Everton to test the water, so to speak. Lots of supporters were saying we need to stop the sentimentality and 'jobs for the boys' attitude, yet there are so many shouts for Arteta

Eddie Howe - Won the League Championship in the 14/15 season. Could be the man to re-establish us in a healthy 8th or 7th place, ready for a better manager to come in and move us forward from there. But would he want to come to Everton?

David Moyes - Brought Everton close to actually winning something in the last 24 years by getting us to our last FA Cup final, ten years ago. Looked completely out of his depth at other clubs since leaving Everton. 

Phil Neville - Even if he was a top manager... wild horses couldn't drag him away from all that young p*ssy he's managing right now. Why would you give that up to sit in a changing room full of sweaty, hairy-arsed men?

Gareth Southgate - Appeared to think that taking England to one of the easiest World Cup semi-finals the National Team have ever played in was good thing, even though they struggled to beat Tunisia, and got beat by Belgium (twice) and Croatia.

David Unsworth - He may have learnt from the mistakes he made last time he took over, but would he ever be more than an interim manager? Could he really command the respect needed from the players? 

I wanted Farhad Moshiri to give Silva until the end of the year, but now I would give him until the Watford Carabao Cup game, at most, whilst sounding out a potential replacement just in case.

We are going to need someone who has experience in dragging clubs out of the mire of the relegation zone (or there about), someone with a no-nonsense attitude, and is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done... even if it's not pretty. Yes folks, hold on to your hats because he's coming back. Hated by all, loved by none, never wanted when here, and happy when he's gone. Get the gravy on a simmer and welcome him home with open arms... Big Sam Allardyce. 

 

Please don't joke about it. I didn't sleep well last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Romey 1878 said:

The bright side definitely does not involve them being our next manager. 

I didn't vote, because I honestly don't see any of those as possibilities, but if you could have any manager, who would it be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sibdane said:

I didn't vote, because I honestly don't see any of those as possibilities, but if you could have any manager, who would it be?

Haven’t got a clue tbh. I’m hoping that Brands would look further than the end of his large nose though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Missing so many good names that this was a bit pointless. I'd start with Ten Haag, look at Gallardo, consider Schmidt (although he would be huge risk but at least it would be entertaining). Not sure if Nagelsmann is out of our reach but he's not at a big club at the moment. And I'd check if van Bronckhorst will be the heir to the throne. If it's Arteta, then I'd go with him. At least he has managerial experience.

Oh, and stats boys seem to like Adolf Hutter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Sir McGiven said:

It's Real Madrid. 

The fans there idolise him and were even seen on camera in their thousands both inside and outside the Bernabeu singing his name, even when other coaches (Benitez, Solari and Zidane) were in power. 

Florentino Perez (President of Real Madrid) is still on really good terms with Josè and the whispers for some time havs been that he would appoint him again should the ship start to rock with Zinedine - which it has. 

There has been a power struggle all summer between Gareth Bale (who Perez idolises) and the management (Zidane and the fans). The transfer of Bale to China was all signed and ready to go only for the President to block it at the eleventh hour, which was the reason that Zidane resigned in the first place. This added to the rocky start to La Liga has called Zidane's tenure into question.

This has turned into a bit of a tangent about Real Madrid, so I'll leave it there. But yeah, don't get your hopes up mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn’t everything rosey again in Madrid now? I’m sure I read they were top of the league by a few points. Surely they won’t sack Zidane while they are top of the league. Even they can’t be that irrational! Can they? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StevO said:

Isn’t everything rosey again in Madrid now? I’m sure I read they were top of the league by a few points. Surely they won’t sack Zidane while they are top of the league. Even they can’t be that irrational! Can they? 

yeah and bale starts again every match.  if money moshiri wants that attention grabbing headline, get mou in.  i tell you this, if we get mou i guarantee we are winning a trophy.  league cup, fa cup, doesn't matter, he's a winner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Btay said:

Mourinho would need to have been seriously humbled by his united failings for me to even consider him. 

Failings? Both his years he got them into champions league, first year via the Europa and then a second place finish. I doubt any other manager in the world could have done the same with that squad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, pete0 said:

Failings? Both his years he got them into champions league, first year via the Europa and then a second place finish. I doubt any other manager in the world could have done the same with that squad. 

I agree to an extent but the question is over how much involvement he had over "that squad". He must have been involved in Lindelof and Bailly but then still wanted more players at CB. 

In his time he also brought in Mkhitaryan, Pogba, Lukaku, Matic, Sanchez, Dalot and Fred. It's now a lot harder to know who brought in who but they are a lot of talented players who failed to shine under him. If a manager got the best out of those players they would have done better than they did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I agree to an extent but the question is over how much involvement he had over "that squad". He must have been involved in Lindelof and Bailly but then still wanted more players at CB. 

In his time he also brought in Mkhitaryan, Pogba, Lukaku, Matic, Sanchez, Dalot and Fred. It's now a lot harder to know who brought in who but they are a lot of talented players who failed to shine under him. If a manager got the best out of those players they would have done better than they did. 

I doubt many of them had good involvement. Mourinho would has profiles for players and I can't imagine him ever wanting the likes of Pogba due to his attitude or Sanchez who needs a free role whereas Mou likes players to stick to position, to a set role. Likewise the defenders, signings in general, are the young side whereas Mourinho tends to go for more experienced players. The only signings for definite that were influenced by him was Ibrahimovic, who was largely a success until his injury and Matic who was solid his first season although legs starting to go last year. 

The united faithful wanted Mourinho to stay and rid of Woodward (and Pogba). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, StevO said:

Isn’t everything rosey again in Madrid now? I’m sure I read they were top of the league by a few points. Surely they won’t sack Zidane while they are top of the league. Even they can’t be that irrational! Can they? 

To win is not enough at Barcelona and Real Madrid. It's the reason that Guardiola took a sabbatical and why Valverde, despite winning two La Liga titles in two seasons is on the brink of going because he's doesn't play with "Barca DNA" and has struggled in the Champions League since joining. 

Real are top of the league, but they have been a shell of themselves. Barcelona are struggling so aren't putting too much pressure on, plus Club Brugge drew 2-2 with them in the Champions League at the Bernebeu with it being 2-0 to the Belgians until very late. 

Perez has been elected until 2021, but will want to start his 2020 campaign with the fans on side - most of them want Mourinho over Zidane for the reasons above and more. The sticking point is that it'll cost around €70-80m to sack him, which could be afforded but not alongside the transfer of Neymar (who they tried relentlessly to sign in the summer) or Mbappe,  a player who had his name sang for the entirety of Eden Hazard's reveal. 

It's always a circus at Real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The big Fella's thoughts on Mourinho, in short one of the best in the world and not given enough time to build. Little dig at the kids for being on social media straight after the game. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11833097/man-united-too-quick-to-sack-jose-mourinho-says-marouane-fellaini?fbclid=IwAR3c_HkdIqxOLBnN_4SlenrLna0IR87YSYdpPQKiWRMWSieA5Xf28MNkUV4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2019 at 23:23, StevO said:

Fuck humble, we need some attitude. A bit of nasty wouldn’t go a miss at lovely Everton. 

I more mean he could be arrogant and think he is above us. I agree though, we need some steel and some one to install some desire and passion into this team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Btay said:

I more mean he could be arrogant and think he is above us. I agree though, we need some steel and some one to install some desire and passion into this team.

And someone to tell the players to moan at the referee, get in the opposition, and someone to have a moan about things to the press to get into the referees before the game. 
 

I don’t think Jose would think he is above us, I think he’d just get on with the job. If he win us trophies I don’t care either way to be honest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we had a chance of getting Mourinho, I'd jump at it. We have one of the best squads we've had in years, but one of the worst teams. That's all on the manager. Pretty sure Mourinho would have them playing. Arteta would be my sentimental choice, Howe a big risk and Rafa probably the most pragmatic option. I just want to move on from Silva, really, so hope they decide soon.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...