IGNORED

Whats everyone up to right now?

Cisk

Getting fed up of doom n gloom of Toffeeness but also fed up of International break, so.....

For fun, what is everyone up to right now?

This could turn out to be a laugh - it could be messy - it could morally wrong - it could be scary.

Hopefully a bit of fun n a laugh!!

12 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Sat on a pavement table in Madrid in t-shirt having just eaten the biggest tuna sandwich ever made with my second pint of Mahou, never heard of it before but it's slipping down nicely. I may be here some time😂.

Sounds good Mike! Late for Tuna sandwich though isnt it?

You should try Bakeoff...

36 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Sat on a pavement table in Madrid in t-shirt having just eaten the biggest tuna sandwich ever made with my second pint of Mahou, never heard of it before but it's slipping down nicely. I may be here some time😂.

Mahou great pint 🍺 they do a red and green label I think the green is the classic which is more common. 

10 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Working on a project that should result, with luck, in a rather special birthday present for my wife.

(Awaiting comments on this with some trepidation.)

Intriguing.

I'm toasting, didn't expect this weather, should have bought a hat!

Went to the Doc's yesterday as I have been having more 'heart episodes' recently.  Doc is organising a visit to the Cardiologist.  Went to bed last night and had another episode! It wipes me out for a couple of days so I am just sat here on my computer.

6 minutes ago, johnh said:

Went to the Doc's yesterday as I have been having more 'heart episodes' recently.  Doc is organising a visit to the Cardiologist.  Went to bed last night and had another episode! It wipes me out for a couple of days so I am just sat here on my computer.

My mother-in-law is currently going through the same thing John, they can't find a reason. Went private so cost her a small fortune as well! She's spending a lot of time in bed. Hope you're fit again soon.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

My mother-in-law is currently going through the same thing John, they can't find a reason. Went private so cost her a small fortune as well! She's spending a lot of time in bed. Hope you're fit again soon.

Thanks Mike.  I went private several years ago.  Spent a day undergoing all sorts of tests.  Didn't really get anything out of it at the end of the day.  I asked the Consultant about a pacemaker but he recommended against it.  He said that half his patients who have them fitted ask for them to be taken out.  Something to do with the 'jolt' when they kick-in, wakes you up sharpish in the middle of the night!

27 minutes ago, johnh said:

Thanks Mike.  I went private several years ago.  Spent a day undergoing all sorts of tests.  Didn't really get anything out of it at the end of the day.  I asked the Consultant about a pacemaker but he recommended against it.  He said that half his patients who have them fitted ask for them to be taken out.  Something to do with the 'jolt' when they kick-in, wakes you up sharpish in the middle of the night!

Thing with m-i-l is she (in her own words) has "had enough" and is quite happy to die. She won't let anyone go with her to appointments so we don't really know what she's being told. She's not at all afraid of death and tells me (when wife not around) that she'd really like it because her quality of life is pretty miserable, she lives in a lot of pain already after a botched surgery on her back after a horse riding fall decades ago as it is. I can understand her feelings though she's amazing and I'll miss her a lot when she goes.

That aside just having lunch on a square in Madrid. Cultural observation, place is packed but I'm the only person as far as I can see drinking a "large" beer, everyone else has a half, but I think I'm the only one not smoking.

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Thing with m-i-l is she (in her own words) has "had enough" and is quite happy to die. She won't let anyone go with her to appointments so we don't really know what she's being told. She's not at all afraid of death and tells me (when wife not around) that she'd really like it because her quality of life is pretty miserable, she lives in a lot of pain already after a botched surgery on her back after a horse riding fall decades ago as it is. I can understand her feelings though she's amazing and I'll miss her a lot when she goes.

That aside just having lunch on a square in Madrid. Cultural observation, place is packed but I'm the only person as far as I can see drinking a "large" beer, everyone else has a half, but I think I'm the only one not smoking.

Mike, enjoy and sunshine and the city.  Quite a nice day here today but unfortunately can't do what I had planned.  Might be able to join you in a pint though.🙂

30 minutes ago, StevO said:

NYC for two days (got some great seats to see the Knicks, shame they cost about half the price of my season ticket). Then meeting friends at JFK and heading to Atlantic City for a week. 

Welcome back to the States!

As for the purpose of this thread... I'm currently working from home and creating financial models for some capital projects. Boring stuff, but at least it's hump day!

6 hours ago, MikeO said:

European thing, got a cousin in Holland said its because the lager isn't as nice warm but they just drink twice as many. 

8 hours ago, johnh said:

Sad to here that mate hope all turns out well, I have heard if you vote remain it’s good for your heart, can’t remember were I heard that but I think it might have been Boris 😀, you take it easy John and get well soon 🤞

33 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Packing to go out to Spain was out there a couple of weeks ago and our Villa sold whilst we were there, going tomorrow till Tuesday to sign some documents , then having a couple of days with an agent looking for something else in a different location. 

Decent rates if TT members get in there 😉