Sign in to follow this  
Cisk

Whats everyone up to right now?

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Job hunting and potentially having to move to the UK which will take any money I’ve saved and potentially put me in debt. 

Sorry to hear that Matt I thought things were going really well in Switzerland for you, with work and getting the citizenship, I obviously don’t know what’s gone but fingers crossed everything works out well for you. 

3 hours ago, RPG said:

Now you know we love each other really Palfy. And, just for the record, you have never pissed me off. You have given me a good giggle, for which I thank you, but you have never pissed me off. Life is too short.

Currently sat at home in Dubai, temperature well over 30 deg C, on Emergency Leave as it happens, nursing a poorly wife (bad flu) and a 3 year old daughter who has just returned home from 6 days in hospital with 'Kawasaki' disease. I thought it was just the name of a motor bike but the disease is named after the Japanese doctor who discovered it in the 1960's.

Appointment at the Paediatric Cardiologist on Monday to hopefully get the all clear to fly/drive to Penang Island via KL on Tuesday for 3 weeks in our penthouse. The routine is always the same. Fly to KL, a couple of days with the 'outlaws' then we borrow the brother in law's car for a couple of weeks and have a nice drive up the North/South highway and over the bridge to Penang Island. Drive back to KL about 3 days before the end of the holiday, return the car, more time with the 'outlaws' and then fly back to Dubai again.

Look we will never see eye to eye on the issue of Brexit, so possible in the best interests of diplomacy we try to avoid each other as much as possible on that subject. 
But I am genuinely sad to hear that your daughter is poorly, I’ve no idea what Kawasaki disease is or it’s symptoms but I wish her a speedy recovery and no lasting symptoms, but to have been hospitalised for 6 weeks tells me it’s quite serious. 
Best wishes to your family and I Hope everything turns out well. 

29 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Sorry to hear that Matt I thought things were going really well in Switzerland for you, with work and getting the citizenship, I obviously don’t know what’s gone but fingers crossed everything works out well for you. 

Look we will never see eye to eye on the issue of Brexit, so possible in the best interests of diplomacy we try to avoid each other as much as possible on that subject. 
But I am genuinely sad to hear that your daughter is poorly, I’ve no idea what Kawasaki disease is or it’s symptoms but I wish her a speedy recovery and no lasting symptoms, but to have been hospitalised for 6 weeks tells me it’s quite serious. 
Best wishes to your family and I Hope everything turns out well. 

Nothing wrong in not seeing eye to eye Palfry. It's how we don't see eye to eye with each other that needs looking at. I have no time for foul language and personal insults when meant in a nasty manner. Mickey taking, I am all for.

Thanks for the good wishes re our daughter. Kawasaki disease can best be described as a very serious variant of scarlet fever and the inflamed blood vessels can damage a young child's heart. She was on an iv aspirin solution to try to thin the blood to minimise the opportunity for damage to the heart and, fingers crossed, it looks like the doctors at the American hospital in Dubai have done a great job.

https://medlineplus.gov/kawasakidisease.html

I am quite happy for 'diplomatic relations' between us to be resumed on a normal basis and quite happy to argue with you provided we can keep it polite while doing so.

In a hotel room in NYC awake since 5:30.

the plane should have landed at 4, but circled for an hour and a half due to bad winds causing issues at JFK. Just before we landed a baby was sick all down his Mum, and it smelt so bad. 
Then when we landed there was a medical emergency and we had to wait for medics to come before we could leave, another hour wait, with the smell of sick. Not a good couple of hours. 

traffic was so bad it took over to hours to get to Manhattan. I’m hoping today is a bette day 😂

I’ve been in Portugal since Wednesday playing golf badly, I’m going to put it down to too many late nights and to much Vino. 😎
But a couple of lessons desperately needed golf and social. 

On 21/10/2019 at 05:57, Palfy said:

I’ve been in Portugal since Wednesday playing golf badly, I’m going to put it down to too many late nights and to much Vino. 😎
But a couple of lessons desperately needed golf and social. 

not making me jealous  Palfy  lol  not a bit lol  I  hate golf and wine I can take  or leave it :crying::shakingfist::rofl:

On 18/10/2019 at 10:22, Matt said:

After a volatile couple of weeks work wise, we’ve decided to stick to our plan of going away for the weekend, 3 days on Lake Como. Weather looks awful but it’ll be good to just have time being the 3 of us 

Well even though it pissed it down the whole time (made the Nufenenpass a lot less enjoyable) the resort was great and even arranged a special table and cake for E’s 5th birthday. Parco San Marco if anyone is interested, I highly recommend

3 minutes ago, rubecula said:

having a long cold  drink  just now/

YAY  \o/

Hate you, my fridge is bare and my wife is with her mum until Saturday so have a free pass; very poor planning.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Hate you, my fridge is bare and my wife is with her mum until Saturday so have a free pass; very poor planning.

Hate away  ya  git  ya  :LOL     It is  none alco ho;o;ically  made  LOL  It is in fact  Tonic water  I  have  had to drink it in the past  and now I  like it