IGNORED

Whats everyone up to right now?

Cisk

In a hotel room in NYC awake since 5:30.

the plane should have landed at 4, but circled for an hour and a half due to bad winds causing issues at JFK. Just before we landed a baby was sick all down his Mum, and it smelt so bad. 
Then when we landed there was a medical emergency and we had to wait for medics to come before we could leave, another hour wait, with the smell of sick. Not a good couple of hours. 

traffic was so bad it took over to hours to get to Manhattan. I’m hoping today is a bette day 😂

On 21/10/2019 at 05:57, Palfy said:

I’ve been in Portugal since Wednesday playing golf badly, I’m going to put it down to too many late nights and to much Vino. 😎
But a couple of lessons desperately needed golf and social. 

not making me jealous  Palfy  lol  not a bit lol  I  hate golf and wine I can take  or leave it :crying::shakingfist::rofl:

On 18/10/2019 at 10:22, Matt said:

After a volatile couple of weeks work wise, we’ve decided to stick to our plan of going away for the weekend, 3 days on Lake Como. Weather looks awful but it’ll be good to just have time being the 3 of us 

Well even though it pissed it down the whole time (made the Nufenenpass a lot less enjoyable) the resort was great and even arranged a special table and cake for E’s 5th birthday. Parco San Marco if anyone is interested, I highly recommend

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Hate you, my fridge is bare and my wife is with her mum until Saturday so have a free pass; very poor planning.

Hate away  ya  git  ya  :LOL     It is  none alco ho;o;ically  made  LOL  It is in fact  Tonic water  I  have  had to drink it in the past  and now I  like it

• 1 month later...

I’m in bed, awake because my shoulder is too sore to let me sleep. 

Got a little overly aggressive with my new hybrid at the driving range last night, too many shots flying straight down the middle I thought it try to hit it harder. Missed the ball completely and felt like my left arm wanted to leave my body. Been in agony since. Supposed to be playing at Dunscar tomorrow, not looking likely. 

Note to self, do not do that again!

Just been chatting with my brother in Dubai, he went out with a couple of workmates a few nights back one of who he'd not spoken to much before but they were chatting and came up that both had an encounter with cancer. Like he said (and I know) it's difficult to explain or talk about to anyone who's not done it so they got on really well. Then came out that the lad was a huge Evertonian but had recently flown out from London business class on an A380, and in the "seat" next to him was.....Mo Salah😂. Unfortunately they got talking and he was really annoyed to discover Salah was a proper nice bloke, even went out of his way to say cheerio while walking to his waiting limo. Conflicted or what?

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Feeling the effects of a bottle of Cava with the wife at dinner earlier but still have beer in the fridge, do I have another couple and risk my head hurting in the morning?

Life asks some very difficult questions at times.

When I’m challenged with one of life’s dilemmas I usually have a beer, I hope that helps you to come to a decision🍺😀

On 14/02/2020 at 20:54, MikeO said:

Feeling the effects of a bottle of Cava with the wife at dinner earlier but still have beer in the fridge, do I have another couple and risk my head hurting in the morning?

Life asks some very difficult questions at times.

I haven't drank since mid December.....  can't take hangovers any more and with 2 young children I prefer to have a clear head.

The benefits are awesome... Money, quality sleep, better moods, productive at work, look better, to be fair I have to drank more in the last 20 years than most do in a lifetime.  I seen a worrying trajectory with drink - was drinking to deal with negative things rather than enjoying positive things.  

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I haven't drank since mid December.....  can't take hangovers any more and with 2 young children I prefer to have a clear head.

The benefits are awesome... Money, quality sleep, better moods, productive at work, look better, to be fair I have to drank more in the last 20 years than most do in a lifetime.  I seen a worrying trajectory with drink - was drinking to deal with negative things rather than enjoying positive things.  

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Well done Haf.  Keep it up.

29 minutes ago, johnh said:

Well done Haf.  Keep it up.

Not even an effort anymore John, don't even have a wine with my meal.  I used to get the boozy blues really bad, 4 days after a night out I would still be depressed,  that's when you know it's not worth it.

So I will have a go every now and then but eve. 5 or 6 pints and I'm out of action the next day. 

Remember a year or 2 ago Haf when we were talking about drink, and I told you about my mate who was drinking himself to death well he died 3 months ago, literally drunk himself to death.  
Keep it up mate you’ve seen the benefit of controlling your drinking and not letting your drinking control you, he never managed to do that, and paid the ultimate price. 

32 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Remember a year or 2 ago Haf when we were talking about drink, and I told you about my mate who was drinking himself to death well he died 3 months ago, literally drunk himself to death.  
Keep it up mate you’ve seen the benefit of controlling your drinking and not letting your drinking control you, he never managed to do that, and paid the ultimate price. 

I'm sorry to hear that Palfy.

Alcohol consumption is glamourised and it's very much a case of make sure you can drink enough to be socially accepted but if by some unfortunate chance your brain chemistry means you start getting dependant on it then you are an outcast. 

Youve got to look inward when you drink.....  it will do a job of telling you that it's ok "youve worked hard" or "you've had a bad day" or "your mate who drinks has fallen on hard times and needs an ear" 

People will look at those around them in a bar as friends..... they are often nothing more than drinking partners who would not bother knocking on your door to have a cup of tea if you needed them.

Its a scary world. 

I consider myself very fortunate.  I enjoy a glass of wine but never bother with a second.  Enjoy a pint of bitter, never bother with a second.  Enjoy a dram of Scotch, never bother with a second.  Don't know why it should be that I really enjoy a drink but am happy with just the one.  The other advantage is that I have never been drunk.  Have never smoked either.  On reflection, I'm just a boring sod really!😁

50 minutes ago, RPG said:

Recuperating at home after 4 days in hospital with early stages of pneumonia. Some heavy duty iv antibiotics seem to have me on the road to recovery but will miss flights to Dhaka and Edinburgh. Hope to be good for Stockholm next Sunday.

Hope you are back in good health soon.  Did they put you in isolation?  Hope you have your mask on when you post on here!

3 hours ago, RPG said:

Recuperating at home after 4 days in hospital with early stages of pneumonia. Some heavy duty iv antibiotics seem to have me on the road to recovery but will miss flights to Dhaka and Edinburgh. Hope to be good for Stockholm next Sunday.

Best of luck man. I got given the “wrong” antibiotics which turned my already chronic insomnia up to 11. Lost 8kg in 10 days, more than 10% of my body mass. Only just getting the weight back 10 weeks later. 

44 minutes ago, Matt said:

Best of luck man. I got given the “wrong” antibiotics which turned my already chronic insomnia up to 11. Lost 8kg in 10 days, more than 10% of my body mass. Only just getting the weight back 10 weeks later. 

Ouch!  Hope you get sorted soon.   When they decided that my heart condition had been wrongly diagnosed, they put me on different beta blockers.  Been taking them for two weeks and have felt absolutely lousy for two weeks. Been trying to make contact with the consultant but its a nightmare.  After going through all the options 'press 5 for etc.,'  I end up with (the last one) that says 'this number is unobtainable'!

4 hours ago, Matt said:

I suffer from insomnia Matt if I get 3-4 hours sleep a night if I’m lucky, for me it makes me lethargic and moody, it gets me down to the point where I feel I might be depressed, but I know I’m not it’s more tiredness and that makes me not arsed some days. 
I get by mainly because I laugh a lot humour for me keeps you positive even through hard days. 

9 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I suffer from insomnia Matt if I get 3-4 hours sleep a night if I’m lucky, for me it makes me lethargic and moody, it gets me down to the point where I feel I might be depressed, but I know I’m not it’s more tiredness and that makes me not arsed some days. 
I get by mainly because I laugh a lot humour for me keeps you positive even through hard days. 

3-4 hours has become a false hope. That’s a weeks worth of sleep. I’ve broken bones and currently have an awesome steak sized bruise (I think I popped it again) on my left side). Insomnia can go suck one

3 hours ago, johnh said:

Ouch!  Hope you get sorted soon.   When they decided that my heart condition had been wrongly diagnosed, they put me on different beta blockers.  Been taking them for two weeks and have felt absolutely lousy for two weeks. Been trying to make contact with the consultant but its a nightmare.  After going through all the options 'press 5 for etc.,'  I end up with (the last one) that says 'this number is unobtainable'!

Hope you’re recovering well mate

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

3-4 hours has become a false hope. That’s a weeks worth of sleep. I’ve broken bones and currently have an awesome steak sized bruise (I think I popped it again) on my left side). Insomnia can go suck one

WhT do your medical professionals say?  I’m surprised you’re not on ambien.  I had a friend who got on it and it saved his life.  He was finally able to sleep.