IGNORED

Brighton (Away) Saturday October 26th

markjazzbassist

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

all he offers is pace, i'd rather put richarlison there and kean/dcl up top.  i despise walcott, never wanted him here, never liked him at arsenal

What about his superb cross in the first 3-4 minutes, you must have missed it. 

1 minute ago, TallPaul1878 said:

And the answer to that is to stick 3 men on the edge of the box. Eventually they will give the ball away. It's fine to play from the back but sometimes it's a good idea to clear it up field and discourage them from pressing

And then if they get through that press you have cut 3 men out of the game, which is exactly why teams do it. Risk v reward. 

Just now, TallPaul1878 said:

Then why play it short? They've already vacated some space in the midfield to press you, just drop it into that space

1. The longer the pass the riskier it is. 

2. Normally the rest of the team will also press. 

3. The idea is the passing will open up an avenue to play out and create an overload which will then leave them exposed high up the pitch.  

4. There would be little tactical advantage of playing short when the other team drop off other than you have possession and can bring it up pitch to when they start their press.

5. We do mix up our passing, it's just we don't always identify when it's too risky. 

Midfield is awful today. Davies giving the ball away for fun lacks so much awareness to play deeper in midfield. Gomes struggling to control the midfield like he did last week. BHA are passing through the midfield with so much ease. 

Delph for Davies within the hour mark I hope. 

I'm not sure what to make of that half. Brighton play nice and open which suits us but they are probably thinking the same about us. 

We shouldn't have conceded  (Richarlison wanst exactly a wall) but then we got a bit lucky with the deflection for our goal. Both sides have had chances and I expect will do so in the 2nd half as well. I'd prefer us to have more control but hopefully we take our chances and they don't take theirs.