IGNORED

Southampton (Away) Saturday November 9th

AlbanyNYToffee

Going to have to suffer through Schneiderlin again for weeks now. Gomes out with horrendous injury and Delph did his hammy at the end against Spurs. Never been so happy to see an international break. 

Pickford

Coleman Holgate Mina Digne

Davies Schiterlin

Walcott Siggy Richarlison

Kean

Let's try Siggy and Kean again after an extended spell on the bench. Iwobi was shocking. Get Richarlison back to his best position. 

40 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

thanks for starting this.  i think we can win it

Pickford

Sidibe Holgate Mina Digne

Morgan

Davies       Gylfi

Walcott      DCL    Richarlison

Slacker :shakingfist:

do like that line up too though, can revert to a 433 or 442 easier than I proposed 

5 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

you were able to get another job?  congrats.  i remember you saying they were cutting you loose.

They are, and I haven’t. But looking for work whilst working during peak period, looking at relocating (schools, languages, apartments) finances, CVs and interviews whilst looking after a kid 2-3 nights a week alone is a different kind of work 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

They are, and I haven’t. But looking for work whilst working during peak period, looking at relocating (schools, languages, apartments) finances, CVs and interviews whilst looking after a kid 2-3 nights a week alone is a different kind of work 

true that.  man i don't envy you, moving SUCKS.  i've moved 8 times in the last decade, 3 times cross country, it takes a toll on you physically and mentally (i think the mental stuff is worse).  i hope you're able to land on your feet in as good or better of a situation.  any chance you'd head back to the UK?  or you set on staying on the continent?

Expecting Ings and Redmond uptop. Keep the back 5 the same.

4-3-

Gylfi in for Gomes - needs to step up and actually take some accountability/responsibility. 

Davies stays in. Thought he was really good with some good passes between the lines.

Torn between Morgan or Iwobi ( in a role the ox does for the shite ) I’d probably prefer Iwobi as it’s more positive- but he needs to be better than the weekend.

charly wide left - Walcott wide right and DCL central.

Pickford

sidibe       Holgate      Mina         Digne  

Davies        Gylfi       Iwobi

walcott                  DCL                Charly      

We get beat here and it’s definitely the end for silva. International break coming up so It would be the obvious time to make a change. We have Norwich at home then a really tough November/December.

Pickford

sidibe.          Mina.   Holgate.    Digne

Davies 

walcott.        Iwobi    Gilfi.      Charly 

Tosun 

The players are not helping Marco one bit though. I know everyone is quick to say Silva out but he’s having to find solutions;

Keane? Horrible form both club and country and he’s meant to be our most experienced centre back. Says all the right things but fails to deliver to often.

Striker - no one knows who our best CF is. 

Pickford has been hot and cold.

Coleman has question marks.

Injuries have restricted us. 

4 minutes ago, Btay said:

The players are not helping Marco one bit though. I know everyone is quick to say Silva out but he’s having to find solutions;

Keane? Horrible form both club and country and he’s meant to be our most experienced centre back. Says all the right things but fails to deliver to often.

Striker - no one knows who our best CF is. 

Pickford has been hot and cold.

Coleman has question marks.

Injuries have restricted us. 

no disagreement, but it's the managers job to get them motivated and up for it tactially.  and if they aren't performing it's his job to play someone who can, and take a risk with a youngster or bench player.  he hasn't done that.  you know i've backed marco all the way, but at this time he just seems void of chanigng. kean is relegated to the bench.  davies is only playing due to injuries, had davies been put in earlier maybe we'd be in a better position!  holgate is only playing due to injury, again we might have nicked more draws or wins had we had holgate and mina instead of keane in there.  that's all on marco.  

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

no disagreement, but it's the managers job to get them motivated and up for it tactially.  and if they aren't performing it's his job to play someone who can, and take a risk with a youngster or bench player.  he hasn't done that.  you know i've backed marco all the way, but at this time he just seems void of chanigng. kean is relegated to the bench.  davies is only playing due to injuries, had davies been put in earlier maybe we'd be in a better position!  holgate is only playing due to injury, again we might have nicked more draws or wins had we had holgate and mina instead of keane in there.  that's all on marco.  

Kind of damned if you do and damned if you don’t for a manager. I’d defiantly like to see Gordon and maybe Evans/banigame elevated to the squad now.

5 minutes ago, Btay said:

Kind of damned if you do and damned if you don’t for a manager. I’d defiantly like to see Gordon and maybe Evans/banigame elevated to the squad now.

I don't think we have a choice. The only consistent senior CMs we have are Morgan, Davies, and Delph, and none of them play in the same way.

I'm very curious to see what we're going to do. Very rarely do chances present themselves like this for younger players, especially in the PL. Someone mentioned in another thread Adeniran. I thought he looked decent in pre-season. 

6 hours ago, Btay said:

Watching the U21s last night, Benin was strolling around the pitch like he was in a training match.

Not lazily, but because he looked like it was so easy for him. He looked like a premier league player, playing against Div 2 opposition. 

I watched it hoping to see some exciting youngsters, but couldn’t help being impressed with him more than anyone.

I wouldn't expect this to be a roll over. They may have conceded 9 to Leicester but they held City to 5 goals across 2 games. 

The biggest problem for us is that they are the type of team we hate. Compact, defend deep and counter attack. They are at home too where they have been better, although I could see the crowd turning if we could get an early goal.

Their weakest link is without doubt Yan Valery. He goes to sleep so often and just doesn't have a clue about what is going on defensively. I don't really rate their keepers either, albeit I think McCarthy is probably the best of the bunch. The midfield is functional enough and they should cause some problems us front with the pace of Redmond and the quality of Ings but hopefully Holgate and Mina can just shut that down as they did against Spurs. 

14 hours ago, Shukes said:

Watching the U21s last night, Benin was strolling around the pitch like he was in a training match.

Not lazily, but because he looked like it was so easy for him. He looked like a premier league player, playing against Div 2 opposition. 

I watched it hoping to see some exciting youngsters, but couldn’t help being impressed with him more than anyone.

Unsy was saying the other day he's beyond u23 level. He will be on his way soon, hasn't had a look in under Silva. 

9 hours ago, Aidan said:

Unsy was saying the other day he's beyond u23 level. He will be on his way soon, hasn't had a look in under Silva. 

Honestly he looked like a man playing with boys, even against the adult opposition.

The only other player that looked anywhere near the level was Simms for the last ten minutes. But even he needs much more time. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Honestly he looked like a man playing with boys, even against the adult opposition.

The only other player that looked anywhere near the level was Simms for the last ten minutes. But even he needs much more time. 

If there's any time to step up it would be now with the injuries we have. Not even seen him on the bench this season though. 

Pickford

Sidibe  Mina  Holgate  Digne

Delph

Davies            Gylfi

Iwobi                               Charli

DCL/Tosun

No point playing Morgan, we need to go for a win and need guys that can play a killer ball.

Probably going to be a bit crowded around the middle of the front 3rd, so might need to swap Walcott in for Iwobi to keep more width. 

Prefer DCL, but if we're trying to break down a tight defense, Tosun's feet are probably better.

Gordon better be on the bench, the youthful exuberance and creativity we need to pull out a result (or to give a much deserved run, if winning).

3 hours ago, DownUnderToff said:

Pickford

Sidibe  Mina  Holgate  Digne

Delph

Davies            Gylfi

Iwobi                               Charli

DCL/Tosun

No point playing Morgan, we need to go for a win and need guys that can play a killer ball.

Probably going to be a bit crowded around the middle of the front 3rd, so might need to swap Walcott in for Iwobi to keep more width. 

Prefer DCL, but if we're trying to break down a tight defense, Tosun's feet are probably better.

Gordon better be on the bench, the youthful exuberance and creativity we need to pull out a result (or to give a much deserved run, if winning).

No one wants to play Morgan. Delph is all but ruled out.