Sign in to follow this  
AlbanyNYToffee

Southampton (Away) Saturday November 9th

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

That initial play was excellent, Walcott megs his man but then he refuses the easy pass to put Richarlison in and the  Digne makes a mess of the cross/shot. 

Should have been 2.

Richarlison made the perfect run there but Walcott was looking outside the whole time 

All you can say about that half is how are we not 2 or 3 ahead. Well actually the first question is how havent we tested the keeper bar the goal? 

We have been excellent up until we get to the final 3rd where we shoot our load and spaff the ball into the stands.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

Mina and Holgate are solid.  Mina the leader back there, he’s very vocal and you can see his hand gestures to communicate as well.  

I agree.

It's ironic because Keane said it was hard to communicate with him. Mason seems to understand a lot better! 

First half analysis. We have been the far better team and looked to have taken the game to Southampton. Tom Davies being the stand out player with the goal and the last ditch tackle at the end.

Cenk has had some good touched, whilst both Walcott and Richarlison have penetrated but have failed to produce.

Southampton will have to open up and get back in the game which should offer us opportunities on the counter. Penetration through the middle has been poor and most of the time we have resorted to crosses into the box which are dealt with comfortably. Southampton cannot be as bad as they were in the first half

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I agree.

It's ironic because Keane said it was hard to communicate with him. Mason seems to understand a lot better! 

Mason likes to take the ball forward more than Keane. I think Mason Holgate and Yerry Mina compliment each other better than Keane and Mina who are both "last man" style of defender

5 minutes ago, Bailey said:

All you can say about that half is how are we not 2 or 3 ahead. Well actually the first question is how havent we tested the keeper bar the goal? 

We have been excellent up until we get to the final 3rd where we shoot our load and spaff the ball into the stands.

Richarlison and Walcott need to gamble a bit more and get themselves into the box. We are too slow in the build up and it allows them to get men back into defensive shape

3 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Richarlison and Walcott need to gamble a bit more and get themselves into the box. We are too slow in the build up and it allows them to get men back into defensive shape

Im not even sure its that, the final ball passing has been absolutely dreadful. The overhit pass from Walcott probably being the best we have done. We just need to show a bit of composure. Play the right pass instead of the first pass. We do that and we will win this easily.

1 minute ago, Finn balor said:

We get a second and the crowd will turn on them 

We keep the ball for elongated periods of time and they will too, the were very unsettled at the end of that half. 

Tom and Holgate both having good matches. Best spell I've seen Davies play in. 

Southampton in the first half were the worst team we’ve played all year and after the 5th minute we completely failed to take advantage, now we have to deal with this shit again. 

get it together you jokers

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

It's very weak from Schneiderlin. He was beaten on the other side and beaten again for the goal. 

Petrified of the player running at him instead of backing himself 1 v 1.

Or just normal? Would not let him play in my Sunday league team. Beni should be on the bench. I mean I’d trust rusty Baines in over Morgan.

Are our players actually trying to get sent off? Some of these tackles are past bad. It feels like we’re actually making an effort to get sent off. Must be freezing out there.

I just don't understand why he is not trying 4-4-2? There is nothing to lose... Is Everton ok for 1 point or eager to win?

Richarlison was terrible and Gylfi wasn't shining as well and they are still on the pitch. There is no distribution and of course no execution up front... These substitutions are terrible IMO.