• Mason Holgate
    • Lucas Digne
    • Morgan Schneiderlin
    • Tom Davies
    • Cenk Tosun
    • Theo Walcott
    • Gylfi Sigurðsson
    • Richarlison

Current Player of the Season standings....
Yerry Mina...57
Lucas Digne...47
Jordan Pickford...28
Fabian Delph...24
André Gomes...22
Seamus Coleman...20
Alex Iwobi...20
Richarlison...19
Tom Davies...18
Mason Holgate...14
Bernard...12
Dominic Calvert-Lewin...9
Theo Walcott...7
Morgan Schneiderlin...4
Djibril Sidibé...4
Cenk Tosun...4
Gylfi Sigurðsson...3
Michael Keane...2
Jean-Philippe Gbamin...1

Previous MOTM winners...
Tottenham (H)...Tom Davies
Watford (H-League Cup)...Mason Holgate & Theo Walcott tie
Brighton (A)...Mason Holgate & Tom Davies tie
West Ham (H)...André Gomes
Burnley (A)...Yerri Mina
Manchester City (H)...Seamus Coleman
Sheffield Wednesday (A)...Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Sheffield United (H)...Lucas Digne
Bournemouth (A)...Lucas Digne
Wolves (H)...Fabian Delph
Lincoln City (A)...Lucas Digne
Aston Villa (A)...Yerry Mina
Watford (H)...Yerry Mina
Crystal Palace (A)...Jordan Pickford

It would be between Mina, Holgate, Sidibe and Davies for me and I think I will go with Sidibe. He did very well in defence and then set up the goal with a pin-point cross.

Mina was faultless too and whilst Holgate had a couple of small moments he did very well too.

Davies played a very mature game in midfield too, nothing fancy, just kept ticking over.

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

What if I was to say that Schneiderlin played more forward passes and a higher percentage of forward passes than Davies.

I wouldn’t be surprised and I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t, like I’ve already said I thought he had a good game which if not for his part in there goal could have been a very good game. 
Without trying to criticise individuals there are 2 players who will constantly be put down and blamed for all poor performances, they have become the easy targets for some more because they get likes for doing it whether right or not. 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

What if I was to say that Schneiderlin played more forward passes and a higher percentage of forward passes than Davies.

I'd say that's a pretty irrelevant stat personally; I want players to be making the right passes rather than playing if forward at any cost. Sometimes a sideways/backward pass is the best option, the stat in itself is meaningless, even more so as no outcomes are mentioned. 

Morgan had one of his better games for us certainly but he was nowhere near Tom on overall impact on the match.

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I'd say that's a pretty irrelevant stat personally; I want players to be making the right passes rather than playing if forward at any cost. Sometimes a sideways/backward pass is the best option, the stat in itself is meaningless, even more so as no outcomes are mentioned. 

Morgan had one of his better games for us certainly but he was nowhere near Tom on overall impact on the match.

I suppose it depends what you class as impact on the game, which for me is hard to quantify, more forward playing players generally get the applaud-its for having more of an impact on the game, but defensive players generally get over looked when it comes to having an impact on the game, I think because attacking is more exciting than defending. 

26 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I suppose it depends what you class as impact on the game, which for me is hard to quantify...

Easiest thing by far to quantify for me, you watch the game and make a judgement on what you see, you don't wait for the stats to come out and tell you who played well. Should we be voting based on the stat that Bailey hints at or on what our eyes saw? So far Tom is winning MOTM and Morgan doesn't have a single vote. All this modern stat stuff is complete bollocks to me.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Easiest thing by far to quantify for me, you watch the game and make a judgement on what you see, you don't wait for the stats to come out and tell you who played well. Should we be voting based on the stat that Bailey hints at or on what our eyes saw? So far Tom is winning MOTM and Morgan doesn't have a single vote. All this modern stat stuff is complete bollocks to me.

Ooooh I could crush a grape 😉 and of course not bollocks when concerning Gona 👍

On 11/11/2019 at 21:28, MikeO said:

On 11/11/2019 at 22:18, MikeO said:

Of all the people I was expecting to bite, I didn't think it would be you :P

Would it interest you that statistically not only was he more likely to have contributed to a goal, but that he also had one key pass compared to Davies. Schneiderlin also completed 50% of his long balls compared to 25% for Davies. What if Davies was dispossessed more and took more bad touches than Schneiderlin?

I'm only on the wind up, but in truth I don't think there was a lot between them on the day apart from that one scored. I didn't noticeably see that Davies played better forward balls than Schneiderlin and in fact the only pass of the two that I can think of was the ball from Schneiderlin into Cenk who played the one-two with Walcott which led to a chance. In the same breath I think the Frenchman was largely culpable for the goal.

I only mentioned it because quite a few people have commented on him being positive and forward looking and I thought it was interesting because I think there can be quite a lot of unconscious bias with certain players in both positive and negative ways and sometimes its good to take a second view. I don't have to name a certain couple of threads to pretty much prove my point!

(Disclaimer: I'm not necessarily saying that is the case with the people who have posted by the way.)