IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

Ive no idea where we are going to go next. I think Brands will be scouting options already behind the scenes and we will appoint another foreign manager we may or may not have heard of - with no PL experience Im guessing. Dont see any obvs British Managers out there at this time unless we revert back to Moyes with money.

So...... Id like to see your ideas on 1 British and 1 Foreign manager who could be next realistic managers for us. Brief I think would be top 6 finish using players who are not quite top draw but have the potential to be and at mid price range maximum

8 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

If silva is gone. I want gallardo at river plate but that’s probably pie in the sky. Benitez for me. No sentiment. 

Id have big concerns with Gallardo. Benitez is a good shout as long as he is not in retirement land.

Would like Simeone (obs language barrier though), Alegri may be helpful to Kean? Both unlikely. Viera done anything of note?

Not sure what damage Sociedad and Sunderland has done to Moyes. Arteta too much of a risk.

As you can see...really struggling here

1 minute ago, Cisk said:

Id have big concerns with Gallardo. Benitez is a good shout as long as he is not in retirement land.

Would like Simeone (obs language barrier though), Alegri may be helpful to Kean? Both unlikely. Viera done anything of note?

Not sure what damage Sociedad and Sunderland has done to Moyes. Arteta too much of a risk.

As you can see...really struggling here

I just think like a few of us you have said Benitez, he’s a good shout for the stability we are looking for, my only concern with Moyes and it’s not his ability, it is that he would becoming back to a club where he wouldn’t have all the say he was used to when he was last here. 
Would he clash with Moshiri and Brands a few months in, when they start to question him, and the players he wants going forward. 

Here's my theory: Money talks. Offer Pochettino an annual salary that makes him one of the highest paid managers in world football. Tell him that in the summer of 2020 he's got a $150M transfer kitty to work with Brands on. He knows the EPL and I believe, probably naively, that Everton is a sleeping giant. We've already got the players to play the way he wants to play. Spurs never invested the money Everton has. 

To be quite honest, I'm so sick of Silva and tired of losing matches that should be comfortable wins that I'll take anyone new. Don't prefer Moyes but he wasn't half bad with West Ham last year was it? Anyone but Silva at this point.

38 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Because, the impression I get is that, Brands has his own ideas of which players he wants to bring in but Moshiri wants to make some big statement signings. Brands has been brought in to operate the club in a certain way but then Moshiri has his own input and desires a big name signing to promote the club. This is what made the previous transfer window a calamity after looking like a promising start.

The problem is that football clubs shouldn't really be operated like a business but more like an army. A football club, like an army, must win at all costs. The business side of things is just to facilitate this aim.

Moshiri should concentrate on the financial side of things and ensure that the results are proportionate to the amount of money being spent. The actual football side of things should be left to the playing staff. You wouldn't have a politician suggesting to his generals how to fight a war or which troops to deploy!

The important quote here is “the impression I get” which means that we don’t know. No one knows who is in charge of buying players and hiring or sacking of managers at this club and it’s being run disgracefully. Either way, Silva is not the right man for Everton and someone needs to get rid of him. Whoever that is....

20 minutes ago, Latchford9 said:

Dalian Yifang - Benitez's team play their last game of the season next Saturday. 

If you need someone to come in right away and make sure you're not in the bottom three in January it's him.

I think it's a no brainer

That's the best and most realistic option we have right now. If I was in Moshiri shoes, I would call Pochettino first. I know the chances he'll become our manager are next to zero, but still it would not hurt if we try to persuade him, who knows.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

All I can see is that we have gone backwards since Moyes. I want us to be better than we are now.

I would cut our losses with Silva and give Unsy a few months. Can’t do any worse.

Agree with this, at least to get through the next run of games. I don’t see any other manager pulling out wins except maybe against United. 

17 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

David Moyes with Tim Cahill coming in as an assistant in some capacity.

We could do a LOT LOT worse

I would imagine he would be looking at players like Aaron Mooy for his work rate. We need to sign players who are capable of stepping up rather than looking to revive a failing career at a big club

Agree. We need hunger and we need players who have as much fight as natural ability. We also need people in the dressing room who can get players passionate about playing for Everton again. 

4 hours ago, pete0 said:

He ran out of ideas and should have been sacked a good three years earlier than he left. But Bill stuck by him through shear loyalty only to be repaid by Moyes doing the dirty and running down his contract, which is even worse as Moyes had criticised players for doing the same. 

The bloke's a dinosaur, as he even managed a second season since leaving us? He also barely brought through a youth player and stuck with favourites out of position over them. The worst occasion opting for Hibbert on an injury to play centre half over Duffy and Mustafi. Playing Neville against Wigan in the FA cup semi or am injured Rodwell on the wing being contenders too. 

He brought through more youngsters than we've managed to since he left. Even though I still wished he'd been a bit braver blooding youngsters, his record wasn't that bad. 

The difficulty we're in now is that Silva was the 'up and coming young manager' pick and it has backfired. We can't risk going down that route again now. We're back into damage limitation, inspiring a badly underperforming and unbalanced squad, someone who can hold some ground while the squad rebuild continues, someone who knows the PL. There aren't many who fit that bill. Rafa makes a lot of sense, but would he do it? Howe seems to need a certain profile of player to work with, Wilder won't leave Sheff Utd, we've missed out on Rodgers (and Mourinho for people of that persuasion). I don't think it's an easy next move at all. 

6 hours ago, StevO said:

We played some fantastic football under Moyes, some really good attacking and exciting football. But it was ten years ago, his career has been a car crash ever since. 
He knew our club back to front and ran every aspect of it, but that whole set up has changed. We now have a different board of directors, a director of football, a bunch of scouts that work for the director of football and not the manager. I’m not sure this is a set up which Moyes would thrive in anymore. I honestly believe we had his best years, and that they are long behind him. 
Ive nothing but respect for his time here (I’d have liked us to get a pay day from United for him) and appreciate the job he did, I also think he dampened our expectations and made us believe we were as good as we could be. One thing I can say since Moshiri has come in he has lifted our expectations, but we haven’t found a way to see them happen. 

We played some good football but we also played some absolutely terrible football too, but I agree with the rest.

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

If we go near Moyes then I'm absolutely done with this season and Brands may as well start looking for another job because he won't have been involved in that.

Completely agree.

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

All I can see is that we have gone backwards since Moyes. I want us to be better than we are now.

I would cut our losses with Silva and give Unsy a few months. Can’t do any worse.

I would also say that almost all other teams have moved forward. I don't necessarily think that Moyes would be churning the same level of consistency in the league as it is now. 

2 hours ago, nogs said:

Agree. We need hunger and we need players who have as much fight as natural ability. We also need people in the dressing room who can get players passionate about playing for Everton again. 

Half the problem across the league is that most players don't give a shit and that is why lots of sides are winning one week and losing the next. Having said that I thought they all gave it a go on Saturday, but they just weren't good enough.

2 hours ago, nogs said:

The difficulty we're in now is that Silva was the 'up and coming young manager' pick and it has backfired. We can't risk going down that route again now. We're back into damage limitation, inspiring a badly underperforming and unbalanced squad, someone who can hold some ground while the squad rebuild continues, someone who knows the PL. There aren't many who fit that bill. Rafa makes a lot of sense, but would he do it? Howe seems to need a certain profile of player to work with, Wilder won't leave Sheff Utd, we've missed out on Rodgers (and Mourinho for people of that persuasion). I don't think it's an easy next move at all. 

Silva wasn't really up and coming though. He had won trophies and played in Europe, he had a better win ratio at Hull and Watford than Moyes had at either West Ham or Sunderland. The only thing he wasn't tested on was his longevity. Koeman has tried and tested and he failed, Martinez had won a cup and managed a premier league club for several seasons. I am surprised that you mentioned Wilder because he is completely unproven at this level, bar the last 6 months.

I am torn between trying to find someone who has been around the block and will build a foundation and genuinely trying to find the next big thing.

In terms of the solid managers there are Rafa, Dyche, Wenger, Van Gaal, , Ranieri, VIllas-Boas, Mancini, Southgate, Puel, Laudrup, Jol, Bilic.

There are couple early on in that list that would be OK but the rest arent exactly inspiring and I dont see them being an upgrade on what we have.