IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

2 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Arteta would be swapping an assistant role at Man City for an assistant role at Everton. He isn't going to take a backwards step. It's just the wrong call for Arteta. He would be best off following in the footsteps of Lampard going down a division and taking a mid ranked team to promotion contention.

Cahill is further behind in his career so would more likely take the assistant position. 

I only said I wouldn’t mind it. I didn’t suggest it would be palatable for Arteta or Moyes. 

On Kovac.  He won the German Cup with Eintracht Frankfurt, which is in itself impressive seeing that Bayern or Dortmund pretty much win it every year.  At Bayern he won the double with a League Title and German Cup.  So he knows how to win, the only issue is the quality in the Bundesliga means it's basically a 2 team league with Bayern and Dortmund.  Seems a realistic option in that I don't think he would be getting offers bigger than what Moshiri can offer, likely he will be back in the Bundesliga.  My reservation is just that he might a gamble.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Apparently he is just here to learn more about English football and will be at other games over the weekend.

1 hour ago, Cisk said:

Strange game to pick for that...

Not really if he wants to maximise his viewing makes perfect sense to watch the early KO 'cos he could then nip down the East Lancs road and watch the Manc derby.

It would be wise to give DF a few matches, either way we don't have too many options right now. If he comes good, then leave him until the end of the season and then reassess our options.

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

People want Howe and Dyche and they are either side of us in the table 🙄

They are a new generation Allardyce and Pulis. Great for relegation fodders, but not good for clubs with ambition to win things.

33 minutes ago, Haiku said:

It would be wise to give DF a few matches, either way we don't have too many options right now. If he comes good, then leave him until the end of the season and then reassess our options.

They are a new generation Allardyce and Pulis. Great for relegation fodders, but not good for clubs with ambition to win things.

Would love DF to be in the seat - not sure it is wise though but fair play to him. Made up with this win!!

What about DF until end of season and then see our options. Think he would need an experienced head as his No. 2 though - Joe Royle got a job?

Also think we cant get carried away with just 1 game in 🤩

5 minutes ago, Cisk said:

Would love DF to be in the seat - not sure it is wise though but fair play to him. Made up with this win!!

What about DF until end of season and then see our options. Think he would need an experienced head as his No. 2 though - Joe Royle got a job?

Also think we cant get carried away with just 1 game in 🤩

I agree give it to dunc and let him fuck it up. If not get him a really experienced number two not sure joe royle still has the knowledge but I do like the idea not sure who you could put in the role. What made me quite emotional was duncs connection with the fans I appreciate in a win that comes through more but he really cares and I think that is what we need.

I think since Bobby M they havent had that connection I want that over perfect tactics.