Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cisk

Carlo Ancelotti (following pre-appointment discussion).

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Aidan said:

I can only do one at a time my brain can't process that much information 😂

It's popular to skit millenials for being soft touches but millenials are now between 30 and 40. Most people are talking about Gen Z when they say millenials.

"Okay boomer" is a popular online quip when an older person tries to advise younger ones with outdated platitudes 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

It's going to be hugely important that the fans really get behind Carlo.

The media and journos will be doing their utmost to prove why they were right and he shouldn't have been hired. 

Not my first choice, but certainly not my last either! 

I'm apprehensive but 100% excited about the appointment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

It's going to be hugely important that the fans really get behind Carlo.

The media and journos will be doing their utmost to prove why they were right and he shouldn't have been hired. 

Carlo says he has been watching us for the last 2 weeks. Hopefully he should have seen that this is a club that is full of passion. There are still players at this club who will run themselves into the ground for the shirt. Some of the older players like Baines and Coleman, younger players like Calvert Lewin and even foreign players like Digne who bust a gut and have real heart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I'm absolutely stoked for this appointment. The fact that their is an army of "experts" coming out of the woodwork to call this a bad appointment is proof enough that we have struck gold.

They're fucking terrified that the sleeping giant might awaken. I hope to God that we get Usmanov to invest too and just blow everyone out of the water over the next couple of years.

I want this club to become ruthless, no more being the poor relation or plucky little Everton. I don't care if they call us the New Chelsea or whatever, I want everyone to fear is, I want him to bring in players who have hearts of stone.

We get shafted by referees every week, shafted by VAR, shafted by the media. Well let's throw it all back in their face with a double dose of spite.

I hope he can bring some decent players in. Everyone had the same theory about Koeman and it didn't really materialise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am getting a warm feeling about this because at last the board are showing a bit of sense, the club need to build a team that's going to fill the new stadium. This Manager is here because he's getting paid big money and has had a guarantee that he has big big money to spend.  I see him as a manager who can get big players to come here, the four year contract will see him play in the new stadium.  I hope I'm still here to see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Generally hope we see the last of this next manager discussion for another 4 yrs.

 

Buzzing with this! Who would have thought we would swap out Silva for Ancelotti and gain 4 league pts in the process too!

Pleased for Big Dunc during this time, pleased hes increased his love and fan base at the club, pleased hes still involved and pleased it did not turn sour for him if it did not go well (Ole?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Moise Kean becomes a player when he starts listening to his manager regardless of who it is.   He has had repeated incidents that point to a poor attitude. 

Let's not start thinking a galactico manager means we should expect to see entitled brats play in our shirt.  Carlo will probably get his respect but he will not be tolerated if he acts up. 

What repeated incidents? He’s a young player with lots to learn. There’s an obvious language barrier too. Ancelotti coming in will surely help the lad. 
 

Very negative post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to process what this means for EFC. Another season sliding into mediocrity or worse and then all of a sudden we have one of the biggest names in the game appointed manager! 

Still, his first job is making sure we get well clear of relegation trouble and starts clearing some of the shit out because no matter what his CV says, no one is winning trophies with this bunch of players. Keane, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson, Tosun, Niasse, Martina all have to go as well as the Bolasie's and Sandro's out on loan. I'm also yet to be in any way convinced by Bernard, Iwobi and Walcott. There's no quick fixes for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't see it coming. What a coup this is. Outstanding CV. Bags of experience throughout Europe. Huge reputation.

And yet strangely, I'm holding back. I think the last few years have really dug into me. I've allowed myself to get carried away with the story behind the managers (except that fat lad), lapped up the spending spree's even though my gut instinct was to want only 2-3 key additions per season to slowly build up a powerful squad. And each time it's turned to shit. We've had our pants pulled down by managers, agents, players.

My hope now is for some stability. Ancelotti has a 4 year contract. Has previously not gone beyond 2. I hope he see' s something different here, a new challenge away from his normal role call. Something that excites him and has made him hungry to make it work. What I hope it isn't is a chance to get another pay out after 2 years.

Hopefully Ancelotti is the cherry on top of a huge learning curve for Moshiri and we can start progressing from here on in. Firstly, climb that table. It's not too late to challenge for 6th/7th if we can get the basics sorted. And that's key - get the basics sorted. Defence. Set Pieces. Pass to each other!

Get rid of the dead wood. If they ain't good enough, cut our loses and move on. We've been milked twice over - once for fee's and wages bringing players in, then again trying to get rid!

We, fans, need to be patient. 3/4 years of turmoil can't be undone so quickly. Forget about winning cups etc for a little while, let's just get back to being Evertonians - noisey, hostile, loyal, supportive Evertonians.

Fingers crossed that we've sussed it this time. If this doesn't go to plan, I think we'll all be stuck for words!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That tit Merson has accused him of just taking the money and cruising. Surely of that was the case he would have gone to China. There is no place to hide in the premier league. He’s being paid well but I’m sure his commercial appeal will help us acquire some of his wages back. The players will be in awe of him and we have officially stepped up a level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MC11 said:

What repeated incidents? He’s a young player with lots to learn. There’s an obvious language barrier too. Ancelotti coming in will surely help the lad. 
 

Very negative post. 

Late for a team meeting with the Italian squad and dropped by Mancini

Late for 2 meetings with Silva and dropped

Hooked off the pitch after an abhorrent lazy display and stormed down the tunnel....

If you think Ancelotti will tolerate that just cos he's an italian prodigy then I would be very surprised. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if you are Carlo walking through the door Monday morning what are the positives in this squad that you can work on? Who are you looking to get the most out of to give us the best chance of winning games? 

I think getting the most out of Richarlison is probably key, and I would stick with him and DCL up top but behind that it's anyone's guess.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

So if you are Carlo walking through the door Monday morning what are the positives in this squad that you can work on? Who are you looking to get the most out of to give us the best chance of winning games? 

I think getting the most out of Richarlison is probably key, and I would stick with him and DCL up top but behind that it's anyone's guess.

 

Based on today....

Pickford, mina, sidibe, Delph, Richarlison,.... with DCL, Digne, holgate not having done their chances any harm based on recent form.

The rest.....

Tom Davies, Gylfi, Tosun, Keane not up to it....  iwobi, moise, Bernard may be players he can get a tube out of.....

After that... we need serious investment. A top centre half, top midfielder, top striker.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

My hope now is for some stability. Ancelotti has a 4 year contract. Has previously not gone beyond 2. I hope he see' s something different here, a new challenge away from his normal role call. Something that excites him and has made him hungry to make it work. What I hope it isn't is a chance to get another pay out after 2 years.

Not trying to sound negative here. Ancellotti always signs a long contract and gets sacked halfway through it.

Fun fact! He was sacked by Chelsea two hours after we beat them 1-0 on 22 May 2011. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Not trying to sound negative here. Ancellotti always signs a long contract and gets sacked halfway through it.

Fun fact! He was sacked by Chelsea two hours after we beat them 1-0 on 22 May 2011. 

I thought I was a pessimistic blue. Jesus he’s been in the job half a day and people are picking out the negatives 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Finn balor said:

I thought I was a pessimistic blue. Jesus he’s been in the job half a day and people are picking out the negatives 

I didn't wanted him, but now he's here, I'll support him of course. Just putting the facts straight as to why he rarely goes beyond two seasons with any club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Who actually doesn't get sacked nowdays though? 

I've never been sacked. Having said that every company I've ever worked for is now out of business (though none of them failed while I was with them). This means....

1. I was so great that when I left they were doomed.

2. I was so awful that my malignant legacy consigned them to bankruptcy. 

I'm going for option one, others may disagree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I've never been sacked. Having said that every company I've ever worked for is now out of business (though none of them failed while I was with them). This means....

1. I was so great that when I left they were doomed.

2. I was so awful that my malignant legacy consigned them to bankruptcy. 

I'm going for option one, others may disagree.

I can't help but feel we've employed the wrong manager here Mike... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can see a lot of people on twitter emphasising that we need to give him 'time' like he has asked for. 

The only issue is, that we have to show progression within his time at the club. It could be said Koeman or Silva didn't have enough time, but on the flip side they didn't show much progression either. 

Id certainly expect us to be back in and amongst the top 8 next season and to go from there, but that's not to say I would want him out if we finished 9th or 10th.

The other thing I hope to see is more sensible transfers. Let's not be buying more teenagers breaking the bank in positions we need experience and/or league familiarity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He does need time, but he’s got 20 league games left this season. I’d hope to see progress from here to be honest. If he is such a good coach (I’m certain he is) we should see him improve the players we have as well as bringing some in. 
Eight or nine wins from the 20 remaining games should be doable I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The players are good enough to be seeing off the minnows of the division, it's a travesty that we find ourselves in the situation we are in. Carlo's short term target this year will be to hopefully deliver the FA Cup, break the hoodoo we have against Liverpool and finish in a more respectable top half position.

Next season, with some appropriate additions to the squad we should be able to launch a real challenge to the top 4 of the table. All of the traditional big clubs are in a transition and the opportunity is there for a club to establish itself as the new order. At the moment though, that club looks like Leicester.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Next season, with some appropriate additions to the squad we should be able to launch a real challenge to the top 4 of the table. All of the traditional big clubs are in a transition and the opportunity is there for a club to establish itself as the new order. At the moment though, that club looks like Leicester.

Go back to the end of last season exactly the same things were said then by a multitude of people, it’s pie in the sky to expect him to get us challenging for a top 4 place next season, he’s got to much to change next season to expect that. 
I do understand the feel good factor when a new manager comes in especially a big one like Ancelotti, but I think we need to tinge it with a bit of reality and not expect to much, or we just set ourselves up for disappointment 

7th or 8th playing good football with new signings that actually do what we bought them to do, will be more than enough for me in season one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Palfy said:

Go back to the end of last season exactly the same things were said then by a multitude of people, it’s pie in the sky to expect him to get us challenging for a top 4 place next season, he’s got to much to change next season to expect that. 
I do understand the feel good factor when a new manager comes in especially a big one like Ancelotti, but I think we need to tinge it with a bit of reality and not expect to much, or we just set ourselves up for disappointment 

7th or 8th playing good football with new signings that actually do what we bought them to do, will be more than enough for me in season one. 

There was no good reason for us to throw away the results that we have done this season. Losing to the likes of Norwich, Villa, Brighton and Sheff Utd is unforgivable. Even just winning 2 of those games would have us in the top 10 at this stage.

I might be wildly optimistic with my previous post but I still believe we are in a false position that is not reflective of what is at the club already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

The players are good enough to be seeing off the minnows of the division, it's a travesty that we find ourselves in the situation we are in. Carlo's short term target this year will be to hopefully deliver the FA Cup, break the hoodoo we have against Liverpool and finish in a more respectable top half position.

Next season, with some appropriate additions to the squad we should be able to launch a real challenge to the top 4 of the table. All of the traditional big clubs are in a transition and the opportunity is there for a club to establish itself as the new order. At the moment though, that club looks like Leicester.

Problem is we have been saying we should be breaking into the top 4 every season since we finished 5th under Martinez. I still reckon that was our big opportunity, fucked up by Martinez's criminal lack of tactical awareness defensively. Since then, under Moshiri's watch we have seen a catalogue of rank bad recruitment turn our squad into a bit of a laughing squad and absolutely nowhere near challenging at the top of the league. I don't think it's realistic to expect that to be turned around in two transfer windows. My concern is that there will be big pressure on Ancellotti to achieve fast results, well throw a load more money around without a proper long term strategy and in 12 months we'll all be scratching our heads wondering what went wrong. 

Ancellotti has signed for four full seasons. I reckon it could realistically take until the final 2 of those before we're genuine contenders again. He needs to be given time and patience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

There was no good reason for us to throw away the results that we have done this season. Losing to the likes of Norwich, Villa, Brighton and Sheff Utd is unforgivable. Even just winning 2 of those games would have us in the top 10 at this stage.

I might be wildly optimistic with my previous post but I still believe we are in a false position that is not reflective of what is at the club already.

I didn’t say we weren’t in a false position, with a better manager and players than actually give a shit we should be in a better position, but every supporter for every team could say that.

But the games we’ve lost and the position we are in the league Paul are factual for what ever reason it’s happened, but to expect Ancelotti to pick this lot up and have us fighting for 4th spot next season is a massive ask, now I’d love that to happen as much as the next fan, and if it did what a bonus, but I’m not expecting it so hopefully I won’t be disappointed. 

1 hour ago, FairWooney said:

Love the Ibra response....I'll give him a call and see if he fancies coming over!

Usual careful responses around transfers and transfer funds but I'd say he'll definitely be well backed.

But he did say not as a player. 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

The players are good enough to be seeing off the minnows of the division, it's a travesty that we find ourselves in the situation we are in. Carlo's short term target this year will be to hopefully deliver the FA Cup, break the hoodoo we have against Liverpool and finish in a more respectable top half position.

Next season, with some appropriate additions to the squad we should be able to launch a real challenge to the top 4 of the table. All of the traditional big clubs are in a transition and the opportunity is there for a club to establish itself as the new order. At the moment though, that club looks like Leicester.

It's this type of attitude that leads to calling for managers heads every 5 minutes. The "minnows" as you call them have all gone on to beat a top side at some point this season. They will beat us under Ancellotti as well. What I would like to see is that we were unlucky in a loss to a lower table side, or any side in fact, rather than being deservedly beaten. Performances need to improve and of that happens results will too.

We aren't going to win the FA Cup either. Up against the league leaders in the first round when we have no midfield. 

As for top 4, we have maybe two or three top 4 quality players. If we jump from what we have now to top 4 it will be a miracle. If it happens Ancellotti won't be here the following season either!

20 hours ago, StevO said:

He does need time, but he’s got 20 league games left this season. I’d hope to see progress from here to be honest. If he is such a good coach (I’m certain he is) we should see him improve the players we have as well as bringing some in. 
Eight or nine wins from the 20 remaining games should be doable I think. 

I think he has a tough start. Burnley aren't your usual side to come up against in your first game, albeit at least we are at home. Newcastle aree picking up points and are very dangerous on the counter, and then it's City, Liverpool and then up against another underrated footballing side in Brighton (albeit at home).

If we end up with 3 wins that would be a huge return for Carlo. 

20 hours ago, Aidan said:

Can see a lot of people on twitter emphasising that we need to give him 'time' like he has asked for. 

The only issue is, that we have to show progression within his time at the club. It could be said Koeman or Silva didn't have enough time, but on the flip side they didn't show much progression either. 

Id certainly expect us to be back in and amongst the top 8 next season and to go from there, but that's not to say I would want him out if we finished 9th or 10th.

The other thing I hope to see is more sensible transfers. Let's not be buying more teenagers breaking the bank in positions we need experience and/or league familiarity. 

There is definitely a difference between time when you can see things working and time because there isn't a better option. We were going backwards under both Silva and Koeman but I hope we would see that continued improvement under Carlo. 

4 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

There was no good reason for us to throw away the results that we have done this season. Losing to the likes of Norwich, Villa, Brighton and Sheff Utd is unforgivable. Even just winning 2 of those games would have us in the top 10 at this stage.

I might be wildly optimistic with my previous post but I still believe we are in a false position that is not reflective of what is at the club already.

Those 4 sides are no mugs though. City have lost to Norwich, Sheffield should have beaten Liverpool, Brighton have beaten Spurs, Arsenal and drawn with Wolves. Villa are tanking a bit now but they have been game against big sides as well. 

Every game in this league is tough, even the two elite teams in our league have struggled past these sides so I don't get why any Everton fan, with the shite we have who have only just found their fight, can dismiss these other teams so lightly. 

You are just building yourself up to be massively disappointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very pleased with having Ancelotti here. And he'll have plenty to see to indeed. What I personally is looking for is not instant results and shot-term solutions. I want stability, heart and soul and I want our home matches to make the opposition feel they should have stayed in bed.

It will all require hard work, blood and tears, but that might just pay off in the longer run (not this season, I think).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see both sides of that. On the hand there have been lots of injuries and apparently also a bug in the squad so a day off wouldn't have been bad but on the other hand Ancelotti has very few training sessions anyways before the first match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

There was no good reason for us to throw away the results that we have done this season. Losing to the likes of Norwich, Villa, Brighton and Sheff Utd is unforgivable. Even just winning 2 of those games would have us in the top 10 at this stage.

I might be wildly optimistic with my previous post but I still believe we are in a false position that is not reflective of what is at the club already.

These are the toughest games for our level at the moment. 
Teams who we should beat will put ten men behind the ball and they are hard to break down. We don’t have enough creativity or the next level of player to break that down. Then they catch us on the break. 
Teams who we shouldn’t beat, we then do what smaller teams do to us and we grind out results. 
 

We now have a manager who is used to breaking down teams who don’t want to attack him. That’s the game changer as much as anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Said all the things any new manager would say. Let's see him do the talking on the pitch. 

He needs time though. It’s imperative that he is allowed time to make the changes needed.

In the market, we’ve not been able to attract the upper level player - we got close with Digne and Gomes through brands. Now we have Carlo - we need to move on these sub par players that we are holding onto with the belief that maybe they can cut it when in all reality they haven’t for 2 or so years. Keane, Schneiderlin, Gylfi, Tosun are first to mind - Coleman and Walcott are on notice. With these players getting minutes, there’s only so much a manager can achieve - world class or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sums up sky and the rest have about us. Charlie Nicholas the guy who is biased as fuck towards arsenal says he doesn’t think Ancellotti is the superstar signing he is made out to be. The guy has won more asleep than Nicholas did in his whole career 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

The man just makes me feel assured he knows what he is doing. Subs were made for a reason and we seemed we knew what we were doing 

Had me worried about how long it took him to get the first sub on, and I moaned it wasn't Sid coming off for an attacker. It turns out he knows more about football than I do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Had me worried about how long it took him to get the first sub on, and I moaned it wasn't Sid coming off for an attacker. It turns out he knows more about football than I do. 

lol.  i did notice after the goal he either delayed the next sub or changed it.  looks like there are actual methods behind the subs which is a revelation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Had me worried about how long it took him to get the first sub on, and I moaned it wasn't Sid coming off for an attacker. It turns out he knows more about football than I do. 

Well I never you learn something new everyday 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...