Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cisk

Carlo Ancelotti (following pre-appointment discussion).

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Interesting comments on the Sunday supplement programme this morning. One of the writers was saying that it’s difficult at Everton because they are two many factions in the boardroom and they need to sort that out when it comes to making decisions. He then went on to say he fears they are going to make a “strange” appointment next 

With everything that has gone on -  those who are seemingly having a power battle need to realise that enough is enough.

My understanding is that kenwright and moshiri are like a pair of chuckle brothers who use brands as a consultant.  If true then they need to back off and let him do his job. 

Moyes was being considered as an appointment???  Absolutely farcical, he took the proverbial out of us when he joined Man United.  Even then.... his managerial performances have not been great since he left us.  But no doubt Bill was calling for him. Moshiri needs to stick to funding the new stadium and writing cheques. 

All been very bizarre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they don't rush it, I'd leave Dunc in charge for the next few matches (at least until the FA cup derby), I really don't see what we've got to lose. The danger for a new manager coming in now with the run of games we have if that if results go against us, the confidence will just drop and we end up back in the relegation zone in 5 or 6 games time. I can't see the manager turning that around. The atmosphere in the ground yesterday was great, the fans love Dunc and will give him a chance. As Shearer mentioned on MOTD, he seemed to unleash the monster in DCL, got him playing a more aggressive game, like Dunc played himself. If he does well into the new year I'd certainly give him the rest of the season unless we can get the right manager in the new year. The only manager I'd like to see would be Poch (obviously), but there absolutely no chance of that. Nobody else mentioned seems to fit for me. Would I take Moyes, yes I would. Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward. Moyes knows the club and certainly won't get us relegated. I think we have to accept that top 6 may be a few seasons away. I do think the board need to sort themselves out though before we can make any real progress.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

2 wins doesn’t make a campaign.  He loses to the minnows far too often. 

I wrote Man Utd off this season but I reckon I was wrong. Solksjaer has dumped the egos blooded a load of kids and got them fifth atm. I expect a really difficult game at Old Trafford and reckon they will be right in the running for 4th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nogs said:

I wrote Man Utd off this season but I reckon I was wrong. Solksjaer has dumped the egos blooded a load of kids and got them fifth atm. I expect a really difficult game at Old Trafford and reckon they will be right in the running for 4th

The problem for Utd isn't in the big games with the pace and quality they have upfront. They could rip any team to shreds but also don't need lots of chances to score. 

The test for Utd will be against the compact sides that counter them. For me that is where a manager proves his worth as most sides can set themselves up to be difficult to beat. 

What is interesting is that the board are at least appearing to give him the chance to build a team in the traditional Utd image. If we went down that route with our next manager, would we be prepared to do the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bailey said:

The problem for Utd isn't in the big games with the pace and quality they have upfront. They could rip any team to shreds but also don't need lots of chances to score. 

The test for Utd will be against the compact sides that counter them. For me that is where a manager proves his worth as most sides can set themselves up to be difficult to beat. 

What is interesting is that the board are at least appearing to give him the chance to build a team in the traditional Utd image. If we went down that route with our next manager, would we be prepared to do the same.

I think that's the key at any club. Success requires a long term strategy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, nogs said:

I wrote Man Utd off this season but I reckon I was wrong. Solksjaer has dumped the egos blooded a load of kids and got them fifth atm. I expect a really difficult game at Old Trafford and reckon they will be right in the running for 4th

I disagree. Pogba has disappeared off the planet. There’s loads going on at united behind the scenes. Poch will be there come next season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Ger said:

I hope they don't rush it, I'd leave Dunc in charge for the next few matches (at least until the FA cup derby), I really don't see what we've got to lose. The danger for a new manager coming in now with the run of games we have if that if results go against us, the confidence will just drop and we end up back in the relegation zone in 5 or 6 games time. I can't see the manager turning that around. The atmosphere in the ground yesterday was great, the fans love Dunc and will give him a chance. As Shearer mentioned on MOTD, he seemed to unleash the monster in DCL, got him playing a more aggressive game, like Dunc played himself. If he does well into the new year I'd certainly give him the rest of the season unless we can get the right manager in the new year. The only manager I'd like to see would be Poch (obviously), but there absolutely no chance of that. Nobody else mentioned seems to fit for me. Would I take Moyes, yes I would. Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward. Moyes knows the club and certainly won't get us relegated. I think we have to accept that top 6 may be a few seasons away. I do think the board need to sort themselves out though before we can make any real progress.

 

Great post but like someone else said, we’ve had a good first game under Unsworth. Duncs fire will only last so long 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moshiri is the majority share holder, and has made most of the decisions when it comes to managers as far as I can see, I hope that now he realises that he isn’t the best placed for making team decisions and leaves it totally in the hands of Brands, after all that’s what he’s been employed to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Bill said:

Whoever it may be we need a permanent manager before the new year, you have to give the new man the transfer window in January to try and improve things.

I think Brands will of identified targets long ago, I doubt the new manager will have much of a say.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Moshiri is the majority share holder, and has made most of the decisions when it comes to managers as far as I can see, I hope that now he realises that he isn’t the best placed for making team decisions and leaves it totally in the hands of Brands, after all that’s what he’s been employed to do. 

If the reports are accurate then Brands wanted Silva to stay so I wouldn't be so sure that the appointment of the new man is in his hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ger said:

I hope they don't rush it, I'd leave Dunc in charge for the next few matches (at least until the FA cup derby), I really don't see what we've got to lose. The danger for a new manager coming in now with the run of games we have if that if results go against us, the confidence will just drop and we end up back in the relegation zone in 5 or 6 games time. I can't see the manager turning that around. The atmosphere in the ground yesterday was great, the fans love Dunc and will give him a chance. As Shearer mentioned on MOTD, he seemed to unleash the monster in DCL, got him playing a more aggressive game, like Dunc played himself. If he does well into the new year I'd certainly give him the rest of the season unless we can get the right manager in the new year. The only manager I'd like to see would be Poch (obviously), but there absolutely no chance of that. Nobody else mentioned seems to fit for me. Would I take Moyes, yes I would. Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward. Moyes knows the club and certainly won't get us relegated. I think we have to accept that top 6 may be a few seasons away. I do think the board need to sort themselves out though before we can make any real progress.

 

Agree completely. Dunc should have as long as it takes to get the best candidate - or the results are back to unbearable. Moyes and others who are ‘relegation-savers’ will be there whenever we need them why rush to appoint one of them. Let’s see what Dunc’s got and hopefully in January one of our top targets agrees to manage and he and Brands can get a player or two in during January window. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The vast majority of relegation specialists to what Dunc did at the weekend....  utilise the new manager bounce, uncomplicate things, in banks of 4, no messing at the back and go direct.

We have a few weeks to get through a busy period and hope that brands is able to land the striker, centre half etc that we needed, plus a centre mid which is also now a priority. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/12/2019 at 15:25, Romey 1878 said:

Ferguson has said he doesn’t want the job permanently btw. 

Which is good, because he shouldn't get it permanently. One swallow does not a summer make. All credit to him for Saturday's performance, but we need a quality manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MC11 said:

It’s survival first so appointment will be someone with a track record in that, I’m convinced 

That scares me, to be honest. Allardyce again? Pulis? Moyes again? Pardew?

If I were a betting man based on what I see right now, I'd say Gallardo will get the job - which would be a huge risk.

We need someone who gets the team, who has Prem experience, and who has real ambition. Not many meet those criteria.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

That scares me, to be honest. Allardyce again? Pulis? Moyes again? Pardew?

If I were a betting man based on what I see right now, I'd say Gallardo will get the job - which would be a huge risk.

We need someone who gets the team, who has Prem experience, and who has real ambition. Not many meet those criteria.

I think somehow the board have managed to understand that another offering of an allardyce, Moyes manager may see a revolt.

I'm pretty certain that some serious stuff has gone on behind closed doors.  The biggest question mark is Brands,  my understanding is that moshiri wanted Silva at all costs.... brands more or less went along with it and actually wanted him to retain his role till the summer.

The post I seen from The Esk on Twitter suggested that brands has a top manager lined up for the summer and that's why he wanted Silva to stay. 

This season is the strangest one I have seen. There are only a few teams who can quite categorically beat the majority... the rest it all seems to come down to who wants it most.

United have become reinvigorated by bringing in some young lads who have desire,  teams like sheff United are doing well by showing a willingness to be bold, support each other.

In short it's attitude over aptitude. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Bailey said:

If the reports are accurate then Brands wanted Silva to stay so I wouldn't be so sure that the appointment of the new man is in his hands.

But he’s clearly not an idiot and will have had ideas of who to bring in to replace Silva. If he didn’t he’s not as good at his job as we think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I think somehow the board have managed to understand that another offering of an allardyce, Moyes manager may see a revolt.

I'm pretty certain that some serious stuff has gone on behind closed doors.  The biggest question mark is Brands,  my understanding is that moshiri wanted Silva at all costs.... brands more or less went along with it and actually wanted him to retain his role till the summer.

The post I seen from The Esk on Twitter suggested that brands has a top manager lined up for the summer and that's why he wanted Silva to stay. 

This season is the strangest one I have seen. There are only a few teams who can quite categorically beat the majority... the rest it all seems to come down to who wants it most.

United have become reinvigorated by bringing in some young lads who have desire,  teams like sheff United are doing well by showing a willingness to be bold, support each other.

In short it's attitude over aptitude. 

If true Brands has some one lined up in the summer, then we should stick Ferguson to see us through to the end of the season, he’s put the fire back in there bellies, now I know there are some who say a manager shouldn’t have to do that, but Chelsea’s game is the proof they need to. 
I would be confident he’d get us safely through to the end of the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Palfy said:

If true Brands has some one lined up in the summer, then we should stick Ferguson to see us through to the end of the season, he’s put the fire back in there bellies, now I know there are some who say a manager shouldn’t have to do that, but Chelsea’s game is the proof they need to. 
I would be confident he’d get us safely through to the end of the season. 

I would agree with this if we do in fact have one lined up. My only worry is that we need reinforcements in January.

Hopefully, the players we pick up would fit the new manager's tactics, but will it suit the style that Dunc will want to play? A lot is up in the air at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

I'm seriously worried about some of the names being bandied around. Feel uneasy about lack of experience/success in English football. Haven't we learnt with Koeman, Roberto and now Silva?

name a manager that has been successful in english football (recently) that is realistic for us?  i don't know of any.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Palfy said:
9 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

name a manager that has been successful in english football (recently) that is realistic for us?  i don't know of any.  

Claudio Ranieri can’t get much more successful than winning the PL 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Matt said:

But he’s clearly not an idiot and will have had ideas of who to bring in to replace Silva. If he didn’t he’s not as good at his job as we think. 

I have no doubt he has ideas but it's not like we can go around and pick anyone we like. Like Haf says later on, he may have someone lined up but that person isnt available yet and that's why he wanted Silva to stay for longer. 

There are very few excellent managers out there that would come to us so we have to be smart and not make decisions without a clear strategy or plan, which, to my mind appears to be the case yet again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who ever we get needs to be clearly thought about, we can’t afford to go through another bad appointment. 
My expectations for this season were to finish 7th which would have shown a slight improvement on the season before, which is all we really want each year steady progress, to be fair we can still get there and Silva could still of got us there, but having dropped into a relegation spot and losing to the teams around us, the gamble to keep him become to great so rightly he had to go. 
The next manager who ever it maybe will need time and should be given the time to put his stamp on the team, so unless we are flirting with relegation again we need to stick with the next manager even if we finish 15th in his 1st season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'm hoping that is made up journo stuff, i'm not gonna be impressed if that's who we land.  he's the same thing as Silva.

It’s breaking news on Sky Sports at the moment. I’d be surprised if this didn’t happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, barryj said:

It’s breaking news on Sky Sports at the moment. I’d be surprised if this didn’t happen. 

If it’s true that he has been offered 25 million to stay another season, I cannot see him giving that up he would have to do 4 year to get that here, but stranger things have happened and Sky sports say we are confident of getting him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Palfy said:

If it’s true that he has been offered 25 million to stay another season, I cannot see him giving that up he would have to do 4 year to get that here, but stranger things have happened and Sky sports say we are confident of getting him.  

I’m only saying that they tend to be right. 25 million is a lot of money to stay on in China but we are Everton and he’ll probably be sacked by end of season and get more in a payoff!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/12/2019 at 14:34, Finn balor said:

Interesting comments on the Sunday supplement programme this morning. One of the writers was saying that it’s difficult at Everton because they are two many factions in the boardroom and they need to sort that out when it comes to making decisions. He then went on to say he fears they are going to make a “strange” appointment next 

Seems like they knew 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I wonder if there’ll be shouts in here for Pellegrini like in the past. Proper quality manager him. 

Apart from the odd few what managers are proven? They all have blips on their cv due to modern day management. These managers must be licking their lips at another job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

name a manager that has been successful in english football (recently) that is realistic for us?  i don't know of any.  

This where I'm at with all this. The next person is a gamble regardless of who it will be. The big names with Prem experience we're linked with are not realistic appointments for us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interview with Ange and opinions from ex PL players Thomas Sorensen & Michael Bridges.

https://sport.optus.com.au/articles/os2541/thomas-sorensen-david-moyes-id-rather-have-ange-at-everton

 

Opinions from Harry Redknapp.

Sometimes club owners take a gamble - that was the case with Arsenal way back (with Wenger) and for somebody like Ange Postecoglou to get an opportunity at a good European club, whether in England or elsewhere, you just need that leap of faith,” said Redknapp.

When you win a title in Japan you’re going to get noticed, especially with a club that’s part of the City Football Group (owners of Manchester City).

The Socceroos breezed past Redknapp’s men 5-1 in a one-sided FIFA World Cup qualifier, leaving the quick-witted and convivial 72-year-old impressed with Postecoglou’s free-wheeling ideology.

“They were far too good for us and while you’d expect a home team to attack, I liked the way they approached the game,” he recalled.

“They played out from the back, the passing was slick and they really took the game to us.

“I liked what I saw and he’s obviously taken that with him to Japan and found a winning formula there, playing the way he wants to and leading a team that scores a lot of goals (a J1 high of 68 this season).

“Why couldn’t he come to a place like England, if that’s what he wants to do, and do well at a high level?”

 

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/postecoglou-could-make-jump-to-premier-league-says-redknapp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd sooner take a stab at the Aussie bloke.  Communication shouldn't be a problem, Pereira will be absolutely loaded and has nothing to lose.... with managers that arrogance can see them make enemies very easily. 

But ultimately it should come from brands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...