IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

48 minutes ago, Palfy said:

If true Brands has some one lined up in the summer, then we should stick Ferguson to see us through to the end of the season, he’s put the fire back in there bellies, now I know there are some who say a manager shouldn’t have to do that, but Chelsea’s game is the proof they need to. 
I would be confident he’d get us safely through to the end of the season. 

I would agree with this if we do in fact have one lined up. My only worry is that we need reinforcements in January.

Hopefully, the players we pick up would fit the new manager's tactics, but will it suit the style that Dunc will want to play? A lot is up in the air at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

I'm seriously worried about some of the names being bandied around. Feel uneasy about lack of experience/success in English football. Haven't we learnt with Koeman, Roberto and now Silva?

name a manager that has been successful in english football (recently) that is realistic for us?  i don't know of any.  

6 hours ago, Matt said:

But he’s clearly not an idiot and will have had ideas of who to bring in to replace Silva. If he didn’t he’s not as good at his job as we think. 

I have no doubt he has ideas but it's not like we can go around and pick anyone we like. Like Haf says later on, he may have someone lined up but that person isnt available yet and that's why he wanted Silva to stay for longer. 

There are very few excellent managers out there that would come to us so we have to be smart and not make decisions without a clear strategy or plan, which, to my mind appears to be the case yet again.

Who ever we get needs to be clearly thought about, we can’t afford to go through another bad appointment. 
My expectations for this season were to finish 7th which would have shown a slight improvement on the season before, which is all we really want each year steady progress, to be fair we can still get there and Silva could still of got us there, but having dropped into a relegation spot and losing to the teams around us, the gamble to keep him become to great so rightly he had to go. 
The next manager who ever it maybe will need time and should be given the time to put his stamp on the team, so unless we are flirting with relegation again we need to stick with the next manager even if we finish 15th in his 1st season. 

3 minutes ago, barryj said:

It’s breaking news on Sky Sports at the moment. I’d be surprised if this didn’t happen. 

If it’s true that he has been offered 25 million to stay another season, I cannot see him giving that up he would have to do 4 year to get that here, but stranger things have happened and Sky sports say we are confident of getting him.  

19 minutes ago, Palfy said:

If it’s true that he has been offered 25 million to stay another season, I cannot see him giving that up he would have to do 4 year to get that here, but stranger things have happened and Sky sports say we are confident of getting him.  

I’m only saying that they tend to be right. 25 million is a lot of money to stay on in China but we are Everton and he’ll probably be sacked by end of season and get more in a payoff!  

On 08/12/2019 at 14:34, Finn balor said:

Interesting comments on the Sunday supplement programme this morning. One of the writers was saying that it’s difficult at Everton because they are two many factions in the boardroom and they need to sort that out when it comes to making decisions. He then went on to say he fears they are going to make a “strange” appointment next 

Seems like they knew 

11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I wonder if there’ll be shouts in here for Pellegrini like in the past. Proper quality manager him. 

Apart from the odd few what managers are proven? They all have blips on their cv due to modern day management. These managers must be licking their lips at another job

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

name a manager that has been successful in english football (recently) that is realistic for us?  i don't know of any.  

This where I'm at with all this. The next person is a gamble regardless of who it will be. The big names with Prem experience we're linked with are not realistic appointments for us

Interview with Ange and opinions from ex PL players Thomas Sorensen & Michael Bridges.

https://sport.optus.com.au/articles/os2541/thomas-sorensen-david-moyes-id-rather-have-ange-at-everton

Opinions from Harry Redknapp.

Sometimes club owners take a gamble - that was the case with Arsenal way back (with Wenger) and for somebody like Ange Postecoglou to get an opportunity at a good European club, whether in England or elsewhere, you just need that leap of faith,” said Redknapp.

When you win a title in Japan you’re going to get noticed, especially with a club that’s part of the City Football Group (owners of Manchester City).

The Socceroos breezed past Redknapp’s men 5-1 in a one-sided FIFA World Cup qualifier, leaving the quick-witted and convivial 72-year-old impressed with Postecoglou’s free-wheeling ideology.

“They were far too good for us and while you’d expect a home team to attack, I liked the way they approached the game,” he recalled.

“They played out from the back, the passing was slick and they really took the game to us.

“I liked what I saw and he’s obviously taken that with him to Japan and found a winning formula there, playing the way he wants to and leading a team that scores a lot of goals (a J1 high of 68 this season).

“Why couldn’t he come to a place like England, if that’s what he wants to do, and do well at a high level?”

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/postecoglou-could-make-jump-to-premier-league-says-redknapp