IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

8 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Who does he manage? 

Vitor Pereira? - Shanghai SIPG. Only finished 3rd with the likes of Oscar, Hulk, Arnautovic, Dario Conca and experienced Ricardo Carvalho in his squad. Couple of seasons before he relegated TSV1860 from German 2nd tier. I don't know what our management saw in him.

The Aussie manages Yokohama Marinos, the champions of Japan. But they are part of the City Football Group, so that is expeted from them.

1 minute ago, Haiku said:

Vitor Pereira? - Shanghai SIPG. Only finished 3rd with the likes of Oscar, Hulk, Arnautovic, Dario Conca and experienced Ricardo Carvalho in his squad. Couple of seasons before he relegated TSV1860 from German 2nd tier. I don't know what our management saw in him.

😂 I said that but he was on about the Aussie bloke. 

25 minutes ago, Haiku said:

. Couple of seasons before he relegated TSV1860 from German 2nd tier. I don't know what our management saw in him.

That team and him were that poor the owner wouldn't pay the fees to be in the division below, opting to drop an extra league instead. 

Happened to be at their game that put them in the relegation playoffs and it was dour. Marco Silva would have been proud. 

The thing with emery is he has won plenty of things.  Sevilla and PSG.  He just needs a staff to deal with the players.  Maybe this time he hires someone.  He’s not a man manager. He is a tactician.  This worked at Sevilla because Monchi was so hands on.  Same at PSG.  Maybe it works here with Brands.  

we could do a lot worse than emery in my opinion.  Probably the best of the realistic options we have.  

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

The thing with emery is he has won plenty of things.  Sevilla and PSG.  He just needs a staff to deal with the players.  Maybe this time he hires someone.  He’s not a man manager. He is a tactician.  This worked at Sevilla because Monchi was so hands on.  Same at PSG.  Maybe it works here with Brands.  

we could do a lot worse than emery in my opinion.  Probably the best of the realistic options we have.  

If that’s true and I have no reason to doubt it, could Ferguson be the man to do the day to day man management bit, could be a managerial team made in heaven. 

23 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Fuck the new manager what was aspells next door neighbour like mike?

Good lad (interesting fact follows>>), his brother was a surgeon Lieutenant in the Navy and was on board HMS Endurance which was in Port Stanley when the Argentinians kicked off the Falklands War, he brought back some incredible photos. Probably wouldn't be suited to managing Everton but he'd likely be a damn fine physio, though he's probably a bit old for that by now thinking about it.

59 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

This part could be key. Is it fair to judge him by Arsenal? A club that seems to be spiralling out if control - as could we if we don't get the next manager right.

He's won the cups a lot of fans seem to be demanding. I think he'll do at least ok with us, whether he can take us to where we want to be would need to be proven. But he has pedigree. I very much doubt he'll be a disaster.

However, he needs to get his English sorted. And the way Dunc got the team up for Chelsea, the way the crowd reacted, the way he celebrated those goals...Id want Ferguson to step forward to be more than a background coach. I'm keen to see what he's got. 47 now Dunc, you've got to step up at some point.

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Good lad (interesting fact follows>>), his brother was a surgeon Lieutenant in the Navy and was on board HMS Endurance which was in Port Stanley when the Argentinians kicked off the Falklands War, he brought back some incredible photos. Probably wouldn't be suited to managing Everton but he'd likely be a damn fine physio, though he's probably a bit old for that by now thinking about it.

Thanks for that, we really need to lighten the mood here.

3 hours ago, Haiku said:

I'm a fan of Emery. He won three consecutive Uefa League titles, even got Arsenal on the finals too. That surely means a thing, he knows his stuff. Arsenal were impatient with him IMO. They certainly need improved defence. 

The issue I have with Emery is why he didn't do more with Sevilla in the league? They finished 5th, 4th and then 7th in a 3 tesm league. I don't know how they did in the other cups in Spain but I dont remember them getting anywhere and he isn't going to win the Europa League with us any time soon.

He also lost the league to Monaco whilst at PSG in what is really only a 1 side league. He lost 5 and drew 6. Even the following year he lost 3 and drew 6. Something about that underwhelms me. 

In the same breath, with proper defenders at Arsenal how much better could he have done? Probably quite a lot. 

I'm also not sure whether that type of football is what the Goodison crowd really wants to see? 

3 hours ago, Haiku said:

I'm a fan of Emery. He won three consecutive Uefa League titles, even got Arsenal on the finals too. That surely means a thing, he knows his stuff. Arsenal were impatient with him IMO. They certainly need improved defence. 

We are impatient so I don't know where that leaves Emery in our scheme of things.