IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

There's some decent Managers available just now. Poch, Ancelotti, Emery off the top of the head.

But also some top clubs looking for a Manager...Arsenal, Napoli, are Bayren Munich still hunting? I doubt we'll be first choice for any of these guys.

The trend at the moment seems to be to only give these guys 18months. Us included. It's a mad world.

16 minutes ago, Bailey said:

The issue I have with Emery is why he didn't do more with Sevilla in the league? They finished 5th, 4th and then 7th in a 3 tesm league. I don't know how they did in the other cups in Spain but I dont remember them getting anywhere and he isn't going to win the Europa League with us any time soon.

He also lost the league to Monaco whilst at PSG in what is really only a 1 side league. He lost 5 and drew 6. Even the following year he lost 3 and drew 6. Something about that underwhelms me. 

In the same breath, with proper defenders at Arsenal how much better could he have done? Probably quite a lot. 

I'm also not sure whether that type of football is what the Goodison crowd really wants to see? 

Sevilla has never been a top club. The man has won Europa League and still managed to finish in a respectable position within the league in a very long season and then he did it again and again. Bear in mind Europa League has two more matches to be played before reaching the final compared to CL. It's exhausing as fuck and unless you got two world class players on each position, as Barcelona and Real do, its absolutely impossible to compete for multiple silverware on domestic and continental stage. Sevilla never had the potential to break the top 3, and what he did is the bare maximum that could be delivered. As for PSG, he won everything that could be won in France in these two seasons he was in charge, except of course the league title he lost once.

5 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Daily Mirror reporting that the board have met with Unai Emery in London to discuss the manager position.

I'm getting concerned, I just don't see how that guy could be any different to Silva. I'm concerned that Moshiri doesn't really understand the club and it's needs.

Personally think Emery is a much better coach than Silva with evidently a much better track record. 

Sevilla very similar club to ours and he did really really well there. I wouldn’t be disappointed if it was Emery personally. 

5 hours ago, Haiku said:

The Aussie manages Yokohama Marinos, the champions of Japan. But they are part of the City Football Group, so that is expeted from them.

Yokohama operate on the 10th highest budget in the J League, and when Ange took over in the previous season, there were bottom 3 on the table. They also hadn't won the league since 2004.The City Football Group outside of Europe does not dominate there leagues as a rule.

Unai Emery could be ok, but there is no excusing this season with Arsenal. It has been terrible.

Number of shots Arsenal have faced in each PL game this season:

Newcastle: 9
Burnley: 18
Liverpool: 25
Tottenham: 13
Watford: 31
Villa: 14
Man Utd: 16
Bournemouth: 10
Sheffield Utd: 8
Palace: 10
Wolves: 25
Leicester: 25
Saints: 21

225 shots faced across 13 matches!

7 hours ago, Bailey said:

The issue I have with Emery is why he didn't do more with Sevilla in the league? They finished 5th, 4th and then 7th in a 3 tesm league. I don't know how they did in the other cups in Spain but I dont remember them getting anywhere and he isn't going to win the Europa League with us any time soon.

He was competing in the same league with Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid, though. Those clubs operate in their own league.

3 minutes ago, Yaroslav said:

Why not give a chance Ferguson? 

After all, he played for the club for so many years

I am a new person. I don’t know much yet. But how he celebrates goals. 

He is worried about the game, the players.

I'd rather him than have David Moyes anywhere near the club again.

50 minutes ago, Bill said:

Emery didn't do much with Arsenal.

Yep we talked about this. Arsenal has problems, but he got them 5th last season, just 2 points behind the third and he got them to Uefa league final. They were 22 games unbeaten with 11 straight wins at some point, which was spectacular. isn't that enough? Sure, but it's not bad at all for his first season in the Premier League and definitely an improvement to Arsenal's previous season. Look at Klopp first season, he did worse. Arsenal did not fixed their defensive issues which is not a fault on his own. I'm surprised they didn't realise their issues and put the blame on him. Knowing what he did with his spell at Sevilla, I am certain he can do it with us. If we give him the chance and with a little patience from our side, I'm sure we'll be flying higher than our current ambitions in three seasons time. I was cheering for Benitez becoming our next manager, because I never in my mind thought that Arsenal will be that stupid to sack Emery so early. Now with him available, and with the possibility of him signing for us, it's a no-brainer opportunity. We should be doing everything possible to land him here.

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

If we’re still undertaking a “project” I don’t think Ancellotti is the right man, always seems to be in short term positions. 
Emery might be a better prospect for a longer term

I thought that was because the clubs he went to wanted instant success and then maintain it continuously. The moment it looked like he wouldn’t deliver he got the boot. Think he’d be great for a project personally, and that it’d be attractive to him knowing he has “time”. Plus he’s a massive name that better players will want to play for. I’ll be ecstatic if he comes.