Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cisk

Carlo Ancelotti

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’m not happy with his subs either, but after that first goal went in the players on the pitch should have been able to see that game out. Regardless of who the manager is, we had a lot of experienced lads out there. If that kick off is played back to Delph and then into Pickford we kill enough of the game off. But to lump it and then give away a free kick was just ridiculous. The subs weren’t good, but we had enough out there to get the job done with one minute to spare. 

Of course but without the subs we never would have been in that position to fuck it up in the first place. Newcastle were not in the game whatsoever, they weren't pushing us, he makes our substitutions and we went ultra-defensive and then we all know what happened. That tells me that the catalyst was Ancelotti and 99% of us dropping 2 points is on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny Newcastle make defensive subs and score 2 we make defensive subs and loose 2 goals and blame the manager, strange

Carlo did what most managers do shut up shop and waste a bit of time, this disaster is 100% down to the numptys on the pitch.

How many times have we got to through this before we sort it, please make it stop Carlo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't see the game so I haven't got a view on which players fucked up and what kind of lack of bottle/leadership/basic footballing intelligence was shown on the pitch. We all know from experience that pretty much all of our players have been guilty of all of that at one point or another. 

But on the subs - I've never liked preemptive defensive subs, the whole 'take what we've got' mentality. It goes wrong so often, not usually from 2-0 up in injury time granted, but the amount of teams you see throw away a 1-0 lead late on following negative subs instead of trying to win the game tells its own story. If a team is all over you and looking odds on to score, sure, make a tactical change. But to make subs that change you're shape and approach when you're cruising, I just don't get it. Keep doing what is working and win the game. 

On fitness levels and whether we had to make the subs for that reason - well I hardly think Bernard has completed 90 mins for us yet and that's a problem. But he was taken off at 83 minutes, not 70. Surely he could have managed another 10, or if you must replace him go like for like with Gordon? Kean - well you'd have thought at 19 having just scored his first PL goal he'd have been buzzing enough to play a full 90, but it doesn't sound like that was much of a problem anyway as Walcott did OK up top. 

As much as different personnel and change in shape/tactics, negative substitutions make affect mentality. This group of players need a fire lit under them, the games Big Dunc was in charge showed that. We were complacent against Liverpool's kids and we took our foot of the gas thinking we'd won last night. That's something Ancellotti has to get a grip of, he's not at Real or AC Milan anymore with a squad of proven winners who motivate themselves to see out games. The signals he sends from the bench matter here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Personally I put the blame on Delph first and foremost for needlessly handing possession straight back to Newcastle after the first goal, It’s twice in 2 games his brain farts have cost us goals when there was no danger at all. Then Tom Davies for giving away a stupid free kick 

 

 

100% aren’t the experienced players meant to have a cool head and see the game out. Major blot on his copy book, to add to the others, frustratingly he had a good game until then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Personally I put the blame on Delph first and foremost for needlessly handing possession straight back to Newcastle after the first goal, It’s twice in 2 games his brain farts have cost us goals when there was no danger at all. Then Tom Davies for giving away a stupid free kick 

 

 

I agree with your points to an extent but the free kick was 50 yards out and in the middle of the pitch. 

It's an abomination to not be able to see out that free kick and for a centre half to not even try and win the header is just mind blowing for me. I can't forgive that irrespective of how they ended up in that position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Giving away a needless free kick 50 yards out just invited them to throw everybody forward and then lump it into our box, when that happens it’s a complete lottery no matter how good your defenders are

People can talk about the subs all they like but it was game management pure and simple and IMO it’s hard to argue that the manager got it wrong when Newcastle never managed a single shot on goal until the 94th minute cluster fuck

The first goal was poor defending from the corner the second was shear stupidity by Delph and Davies

 

Agreed.

I assume Carlo doesn't do his dirty washing in public because some other managers would have called out the complete unprofessionalism that caused the goals.

The levels of professionalism in our team arevscandalous and seemingly contagious. We have had schneiderlein lying on the floor waiting for a foul that wasn't whilst a player picked out the top bin.... add on to that what happened the other night and I hope that behind closed doors the management team have a conversation which sounds like

"Mentally poor, got to go. Passenger, got to go, bad attitude got to go"

 

Of course on the training pitch he will be all pleasant and keeping them in the dark and motivating them as best as possible toll he calls them aside and says "Bangor city have bid £50k for you, it's too good to turn down, a car is waiting for you"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Agreed.

I assume Carlo doesn't do his dirty washing in public because some other managers would have called out the complete unprofessionalism that caused the goals.

The levels of professionalism in our team arevscandalous and seemingly contagious. We have had schneiderlein lying on the floor waiting for a foul that wasn't whilst a player picked out the top bin.... add on to that what happened the other night and I hope that behind closed doors the management team have a conversation which sounds like

"Mentally poor, got to go. Passenger, got to go, bad attitude got to go"

 

Of course on the training pitch he will be all pleasant and keeping them in the dark and motivating them as best as possible toll he calls them aside and says "Bangor city have bid £50k for you, it's too good to turn down, a car is waiting for you"

I think we may need to provide a coach to Bangor!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I think we may need to provide a coach to Bangor!

I’ll personally fly from Aus to the uk and drive the coach my self for any of these pricks that are letting us down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Yeah I think we will keep our powder dry now until the summer. Not too bothered though as our seasons over anyway

Hopefully he will take a look at some of the youngsters between now and the summer

We're only four points (should be two:angry:) off the European places so I wouldn't write if off just yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bill said:

Running out of time to bring any in, looks like we're stuck with what we have.

 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Yeah I think we will keep our powder dry now until the summer. Not too bothered though as our seasons over anyway

Hopefully he will take a look at some of the youngsters between now and the summer

 

I’m quite happy with that lads, we’ve got to decent MFs to come back and hopefully they get some decent game time together before the end of the season. 
Also it gives some time for DCL and Kean to try and forge a good partnership. 
I think Ancelotti has shown we have some decent players who can compete given the right direction, so no real problem that we haven’t spent this window. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

What a difference a proper manager makes!!!!  Same squad and he’s working miracles.  Long may it continue

Think miracles is a bit strong but he certainly shows that he knows what hes doing.

I'm wondering if the lack of signings this Jan was partly due to Carlo actually seeing something good and which could be worked on with the squad we have. It wasn't that long ago everyone was saying this was the best squad Everton had ever assembled. Don't get me wrong there is some real dross there but some should be playing better than they have been

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cisk said:

Think miracles is a bit strong but he certainly shows that he knows what hes doing.

I'm wondering if the lack of signings this Jan was partly due to Carlo actually seeing something good and which could be worked on with the squad we have. It wasn't that long ago everyone was saying this was the best squad Everton had ever assembled. Don't get me wrong there is some real dross there but some should be playing better than they have been

Financially, we made our financial bed with Koeman, Allardyce, and Silva and we have little option right now but to sleep in it. I doubt there's any other reason. The summer window should be different, and my guess is that things will look quite different by then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's unfathomable to want arteta over Ancellotti..... yes the upside of arteta is that he has 30 years of managing in him all being well...... but that's if he is a manager. 

Ancellotti has been there, seen it done it..... arteta has everything to prove 

Don't get me wrong.... I would have had arteta over Howe, moyes, dyche, wilder and all the bother names.... but not Carlo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure I saw anyone saying they wanted Arteta over Ancelotti? 
I saw many people (myself included) saying we would like Arteta over many other managers, but that was before Ancelotti became a realistic option. 
I may have missed some saying that. But myself personally, I would have had Arteta over Dyche, etc. But was made up when Ancelotti became available and we got him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

It's unfathomable to want arteta over Ancellotti..... yes the upside of arteta is that he has 30 years of managing in him all being well...... but that's if he is a manager. 

Ancellotti has been there, seen it done it..... arteta has everything to prove 

Don't get me wrong.... I would have had arteta over Howe, moyes, dyche, wilder and all the bother names.... but not Carlo. 

I wouldn’t of had him over Howe, for me he’s unknown when it comes to management yes he’s worked with Pep but he’s not Pep. 
Personally I think Arsenal and this job are far to big for anyone as their first job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

The article doesn't even consider that Ancellotti might not have even wanted to go to Arsenal... 

Whilst it's true he might have preffered Arsenal, its also possible that maybe he saw the chance to work with a board that seem more generous more appealing than the gunners. Arsenal seem content to finish in a CL spot, with minimal investment to get a return, whilst we seem to be throwing money at trying to climb the table and increase reputation. 

Maybe he has the chance to express himself more with the squad he could build here than that he could at Arsenal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Aidan said:

The article doesn't even consider that Ancellotti might not have even wanted to go to Arsenal... 

Whilst it's true he might have preffered Arsenal, its also possible that maybe he saw the chance to work with a board that seem more generous more appealing than the gunners. Arsenal seem content to finish in a CL spot, with minimal investment to get a return, whilst we seem to be throwing money at trying to climb the table and increase reputation. 

Maybe he has the chance to express himself more with the squad he could build here than that he could at Arsenal.

To be honest I was more interested in the firm table really

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reckon Ancelotti would've had the choice. There's no way Arsenal would opt for the unproven Arteta over Ancelotti. 

Ancelotti was wined and dined by billionaires with vision... But only the man himself will know if he picked us as we're the better project (bigger budget/more ambitious board and Brands) or whether it was purely for the reddies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Aidan said:

Walcott said that before the Watford game Carlo told him he's 'allowed to score goals' 😂

He's allowed to pass to one of his own players too..... maybe he needs to be told that 

Still got bags of pace but he's pretty poo.

Anyone remember franz carr?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

He's allowed to pass to one of his own players too..... maybe he needs to be told that 

Still got bags of pace but he's pretty poo.

Anyone remember franz carr?

No but I remember Franz Ferdinand a decent band from Scotland 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

He's allowed to pass to one of his own players too..... maybe he needs to be told that 

Still got bags of pace but he's pretty poo.

Anyone remember franz carr?

Villa player? The names familiar and I’m sure he played for a midlands team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/07/carlo-ancelotti-everton-managerial-methods

Ancelotti: “I am not a magician ... until now.”  A little joke from Carlo.  Good article.

But was he really suggesting a comparison of his young players here at Everton with Buffon, Cannavaro, Thuram, and Crespo at Parma over 20 years ago?  If so, I hope he’s a magician.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/07/carlo-ancelotti-everton-managerial-methods

Ancelotti: “I am not a magician ... until now.”  A little joke from Carlo.  Good article.

But was he really suggesting a comparison of his young players here at Everton with Buffon, Cannavaro, Thuram, and Crespo at Parma over 20 years ago?  If so, I hope he’s a magician.

 

I really like the way he comes across in press conferences. It's not too serious but it's not all laughs and jokes either. And he's very honest too, I appreciate that in a person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bailey said:

Out of interest, is there anyone Ancellotti has actually improved yet? 

 

Loads, Bernard, Theo, Schneids (yes he has!!) - Fucking Holgate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bailey said:

Out of interest, is there anyone Ancellotti has actually improved yet? 

 

Anyone? I think he’s made us play as a team, improving the whole team. 
 

Outside chance of top four?

Five points behind Chelsea, from our last ten games (before today) we took 19 points. From Chelsea’s last ten, they took 12. United 14, Spurs 17. Catching Chelsea isn’t out of the question, not trying to be blindly optimistic here but get a point at Arsenal and beat United, that Chelsea game becomes very interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im with you Ste, we can catch Chelsea.  Just need to keep grinding out results.  Carlo has done the Lord's work with this team and it's showing.  He's getting players that were castoffs by many regimes (morgan) to show something now.  that is called man management, and he's one of the best in the business at that.  so happy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cisk said:

Loads, Bernard, Theo, Schneids (yes he has!!) - Fucking Holgate!

That is just Bernard for me. No better than the end of last season. Theo maybe, Schneiderlin agreed and Holgate was at the same level under Ferguson.

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Anyone? I think he’s made us play as a team, improving the whole team. 
 

Outside chance of top four?

Five points behind Chelsea, from our last ten games (before today) we took 19 points. From Chelsea’s last ten, they took 12. United 14, Spurs 17. Catching Chelsea isn’t out of the question, not trying to be blindly optimistic here but get a point at Arsenal and beat United, that Chelsea game becomes very interesting. 

This is the big one for me. A couple of players are maybe slightly better, but as a collective we have improved a lot. 

59 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

DCL has scored more goals, Richarlison less temperamental, Holgate, Schneiderlein, Walcott, Kean

DCL and Richarlison were doing the same for Ferguson. I'd agree with Kean but given how little we saw him before that's partly expected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bailey said:

That is just Bernard for me. No better than the end of last season. Theo maybe, Schneiderlin agreed and Holgate was at the same level under Ferguson.

This is the big one for me. A couple of players are maybe slightly better, but as a collective we have improved a lot. 

DCL and Richarlison were doing the same for Ferguson. I'd agree with Kean but given how little we saw him before that's partly expected. 

So what are you saying? He's not improved us,? 

The Fergie effect was running out of gas as it was 110% effort. Great as it was. 

Under Ancelotti there seems to be more efficiency 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Most players seemed to have upped their performances, but the main improvement is our game tactics, today we put tackles that were fouls in areas which stopped them progressing but didn’t bring cards, and players prevented quick free kicks from being taken by getting in the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Hafnia said:

So what are you saying? He's not improved us,? 

The Fergie effect was running out of gas as it was 110% effort. Great as it was. 

Under Ancelotti there seems to be more efficiency 

No, I quite literally said in the post you quoted that he has improved the collective. 

Ferguson was running out of players and we were playing lots of games in a short space of time. His impact on Richarlison, DCL and Holgate in particular was huge. He also had much tougher games. 

I don't know if it's efficiency but we seem to doing better at the big moments. The two goals before half time last week were huge, this week Richarlison's goal followed by Pickford's were also massive for us picking up 3 points. Under Silva those moments seemed to go against us. Maybe its the old adage that a lucky manager is a good manager! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

No, I quite literally said in the post you quoted that he has improved the collective. 

Ferguson was running out of players and we were playing lots of games in a short space of time. His impact on Richarlison, DCL and Holgate in particular was huge. He also had much tougher games. 

I don't know if it's efficiency but we seem to doing better at the big moments. The two goals before half time last week were huge, this week Richarlison's goal followed by Pickford's were also massive for us picking up 3 points. Under Silva those moments seemed to go against us. Maybe its the old adage that a lucky manager is a good manager! 

For me he seems to lighten the burden on players.... he wants them to be brave and won't bollock them for mistakes made in the intention of progression but he gets pissed off at amateurish shit.

Sidebe yesterday.... one sock missing and behind him Davies and Holgate were playing rock paper scissors....... I can't see that being tolerated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

For me he seems to lighten the burden on players.... he wants them to be brave and won't bollock them for mistakes made in the intention of progression but he gets pissed off at amateurish shit.

Sidebe yesterday.... one sock missing and behind him Davies and Holgate were playing rock paper scissors....... I can't see that being tolerated. 

I didn't see that with Holgate & Davies! I know it's boring to be on the bench but the least they can do is pay attention for 90 bloody minutes! Ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

They were playing it to see who got Sidibe’s coat apparently. I found it quite funny myself. 

Ah ok, that's fair enough. It sounded like they were just pissing around! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...