IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

managers job to give that info to the players.  if dunc knew he wasn't prepared why put him on?  to teach him a lesson?  it ain't 1995, players aren't like that anymore.  he's a foreigner too so it's even more muddled with the language and customs barrier.  just a stupid thing all around.  if the kid needs time let him work on the training ground and the cup match this week, he's supposed to be a big signing for the future, and our caretaker might have fucked it up.  i'd not be happy if i was brands/moshiri.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Duncan would have prepared him throughout the week and he had obviously given him his instructions, if you can't follow basic instruction your no use to the team.

If you dont listen or carry out basic intructions in any job you'll probably get sent packing. If the player was embarassed he brought it on himself.

Exactly Bill. Everyone else knew their job pretty well so therefore my powers of deduction come down to it being a Kean problem rather than a Ferguson problem. 

I do think that Ferguson was probably a bit rash in bringing him on and I'm sure he wouldn't do it again but it's only his second game in charge. He realised the mistake and made the change and we actually looked the better side when he changed the system which resulted in Kean going off.

3 minutes ago, nogs said:

Customs barrier?? He's from Italy ffs not Outer Mongolia! 

his parents are ivorian immigrants, he's first generation italian.  simply trying to live life with ivorian parents in italy woudl be hard enough as a kid, he's now in a completely different country and culture.  your insensitivity speaks  volumes

16 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

his parents are ivorian immigrants, he's first generation italian.  simply trying to live life with ivorian parents in italy woudl be hard enough as a kid, he's now in a completely different country and culture.  your insensitivity speaks  volumes

Not to mention that he’s at a club having a poor season who just sacked their manager. He needs to be more professional, of course, but the kid is 19. This is one of those situations where I think throwing an arm around him and offering encouragement would go a lot farther than the sink or swim treatment. Young players need to be allowed to make mistakes without the fear that they will get immediately yanked if they have a bad spell. DCL, Davies etc.. have certainly made their share and I don’t think either has Kean’s potential.

A lot of this has to do with relegation. If we were in a more comfortable position I imagine he’d be given more leash but right now points are vital so he’s given much less of a chance. I hope that when we do get a new manager in he’s mature enough to see it as a fresh start. Certainly if it’s Ancelotti you’d think he’d have no choice but to listen and learn.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

59 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Not to mention that he’s at a club having a poor season who just sacked their manager. He needs to be more professional, of course, but the kid is 19. This is one of those situations where I think throwing an arm around him and offering encouragement would go a lot farther than the sink or swim treatment. Young players need to be allowed to make mistakes without the fear that they will get immediately yanked if they have a bad spell. DCL, Davies etc.. have certainly made their share and I don’t think either has Kean’s potential.

A lot of this has to do with relegation. If we were in a more comfortable position I imagine he’d be given more leash but right now points are vital so he’s given much less of a chance. I hope that when we do get a new manager in he’s mature enough to see it as a fresh start. Certainly if it’s Ancelotti you’d think he’d have no choice but to listen and learn.

I get these point of views, 100%. I've also no doubt that the Club will have gone above and beyond to help him settle, as would the players, and Silva. There's a nice bond in the squad, too nice at times - hence our lack of bite at times.

I just wonder what the reaction would have been if we'd conceded a goal due to Kean not carrying out his role, blowing out his arse, looking knackered, despite being on for a short time.

It's a 2 way party. Yes, the player needs time to settle. But he also has to be accountable. Personally, I think there is a player there and I really hope Dunc had a good chat with him and fired him up and we now see the best of him. On the flip side, it may end up being a part of the learning curve for Dunc. For good or bad. It's an open book at the moment, time will tell which way it goes.

Arteta to Arsenal: https://www.espn.com/soccer/arsenal/story/4014833/sources-mikel-arteta-set-to-be-named-arsenal-manager-in-coming-days

Heavily linked: Ancelotti, Moyes 

Reportedly out:
Poch, Rafa, kovac, marcelino, Gallardo, v pereira, Howe, Emery, Arteta

Quiet: Dyche, Wilder, Ten Hag, Jardim, Postecoglou, van Bommel

18 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

I get these point of views, 100%. I've also no doubt that the Club will have gone above and beyond to help him settle, as would the players, and Silva. There's a nice bond in the squad, too nice at times - hence our lack of bite at times.

I just wonder what the reaction would have been if we'd conceded a goal due to Kean not carrying out his role, blowing out his arse, looking knackered, despite being on for a short time.

It's a 2 way party. Yes, the player needs time to settle. But he also has to be accountable. Personally, I think there is a player there and I really hope Dunc had a good chat with him and fired him up and we now see the best of him. On the flip side, it may end up being a part of the learning curve for Dunc. For good or bad. It's an open book at the moment, time will tell which way it goes.

that's why i said dunc would know that, play him in the cup match not the last 30 of man united needing a yard dog to go run around and harry the opposition.  if that's all he wanted he should have had the sense to send out oumar in the first place.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Exactly Bill. Everyone else knew their job pretty well so therefore my powers of deduction come down to it being a Kean problem rather than a Ferguson problem. 

I do think that Ferguson was probably a bit rash in bringing him on and I'm sure he wouldn't do it again but it's only his second game in charge. He realised the mistake and made the change and we actually looked the better side when he changed the system which resulted in Kean going off.

Tbf I think a lot of us would struggle to understand Ferguson and English is our first language for most of us!

15 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Ancelotti would be a very good appointment. Ticks all the boxes we want. Yeah, a little older - but we really need that stability. Even if it's just a 2 year stint to get us steady. We need that wise old head just now.

he's also an excellent man manager more likely to come along side a player and offer encouragement then publicly embarrass them to try and prove a point, hint hint..

8 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

he's also an excellent man manager more likely to come along side a player and offer encouragement then publicly embarrass them to try and prove a point, hint hint..

Ok haven't hopped in on this yet but i'll bite. 

I'm lost as to how people think Duncan was looking to embarrass Moise and/or looking to prove a point. Duncan is the (caretaker) manager of Everton Football Club. Everton were playing a match at Old Trafford. Duncan's only job, his only job, is to figure out how to achieve the best possible result. In the 70' Duncan thought replacing Bernard for Kean gave Everton a better chance at achieving the best possible result - perhaps he thought Kean could give them a better chance of scoring the winner, which I think we'd all agree with. In the '89 he faced a similar situation however he must have been looking to protect the draw. The decision is simple. The attacking players on the pitch were Kean Iwobi DCL and Richarlison. Iwobi DCL and Richarlison are all better players defensively than Kean and certainly have a higher work rate. Duncan made the only decision a manager should be making in that situation. How can we as a team, club, collective achieve the best result.  

19 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

In the politest possible way, and with huge respect to you...piss off, you're boring me now.

Personally think it's crazy that we might...only might, deal in principle, this is Everton, could go to shit, might...have Ancelotti in the bag.

For me, that would be an appointment that I didn't think was possible. I didn't even pay much attention to it at first. If we pull this off, it would be a big coup.

13 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Personally think it's crazy that we might...only might, deal in principle, this is Everton, could go to shit, might...have Ancelotti in the bag.

For me, that would be an appointment that I didn't think was possible. I didn't even pay much attention to it at first. If we pull this off, it would be a big coup.

yeah, @Matt and I have been saying for years we should be trying to get him.  This would make me very happy.  Also i think he works well with DOF types and I would hope to see even another level to Brands game.

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

yeah, @Matt and I have been saying for years we should be trying to get him.  This would make me very happy.  Also i think he works well with DOF types and I would hope to see even another level to Brands game.

He'll be more than used to the DOF set up, won't he? Part of the everything-but-UK culture for years.