Sign in to follow this  
Cisk

Carlo Ancelotti

13 hours ago, Palfy said:

If you have ever managed you will no you have to sort the defence out before the rest of the positions, and that’s what we are seeing. 

Absolutely! I don't know what the stats say but we also look better at defending set pieces and scoring from them as well.

I think our play will go up a notch once we sort out that midfield. 

Problem is that I can’t see any players here, who can help in midfield. Iwobi plus well in the middle when he has the ball, but the guys is scared of his own shadow. 
Gomes has been struggling since coming back and needs a few months. 
Davies just isn’t getting any better. Seems to be regressing. 
Delpth, .......     well. 
Gylfi, I just don’t see him as anything more than a filler player. 
Benni is far too defensive. 

What are our other options?

5 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Problem is that I can’t see any players here, who can help in midfield. Iwobi plus well in the middle when he has the ball, but the guys is scared of his own shadow. 

sadly gbamin was supposed to be the answer but he got injured then got re-injured then got a different injury. but you are right Shukes, this summer a DM is the number one priority signing.  sadly i think we will have to wait till the campaign is over to address the issue.

Agreed, we’re going to have to settle for what we have at the moment, and hate to say it... but we need a fit Delpth. As overrated as he is, he is capable of sitting in the middle and picking out passes.

Unfortunately, he’s the best we have to sit alongside Gomes.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

The simple answer is that we don't have any! 

We must have one of the worst midfields in the top half of the league.

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

Absolutely! I don't know what the stats say but we also look better at defending set pieces and scoring from them as well.

I think our play will go up a notch once we sort out that midfield. 

Agreed the midfield is our Achilles heel at the moment, we’ve known that for the last 4-5 years now, and successive managers have just added more rubbish to compound the problem. 
We have to believe Carlo is the man to right a lot of wrongs. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Agreed, we’re going to have to settle for what we have at the moment, and hate to say it... but we need a fit Delpth. As overrated as he is, he is capable of sitting in the middle and picking out passes.

Unfortunately, he’s the best we have to sit alongside Gomes.

It’s sad when you put it that way, considering the money we have spent in that department. 

Great sentiment from Carlo, but will that change if he doesn’t get the funds he needs to make the changes that are required, and could the pulling power of Everton put off the players he is used to dealing with, the allure of working with him may not be enough for most. 
The summer transfer window for me is going to be one of the most important in the last 4 years, we’ve let mediocre managers spend millions on mediocre players, we are the 3rd biggest spenders in the last 4 years, and for all that money we have 2 possibly 3 players who might get into the top 7 as it stands now. 
Carlo has now been left with very little money with an expectation to buy top class players, unless FP rules change I can see hard times a head, and I’m not so sure he will be able to stand the disappointment of not being able to progress because he can’t attract what he knows he needs, but let’s see the next season will tell, it’s a massive one for him and us.