IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

4 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/everton/story/4015072/carlo-ancelotti-wants-transfer-assurances-before-agreeing-everton-deal-sources

This article says a key factor for Ancelotti is assurances about monies for “upcoming transfer windows.”  That surely means January and then summer.  If he’s asking whether Moshiri and Kenwright are really committed to “building a winning project,” that must mean he thinks very few of our current squad can get us to top 4-6.  Richarlison, Digne?  Gomes???  Anyone else?  Over the next two seasons, would Everton field a totally different squad?

ESPN don't know their asshole from their elbow in terms of European football.  It's purely a regurgitation article so they can put something online.  That said, hardly a surprise that an incoming manager of any decent caliber would want to know they can fix our imbalanced squad.

3 hours ago, plaidharper said:

Rumored he was in on the meeting to help bring Carlo to Everton. Many Arsenal fans wanted Kroenke out and Usmsnov in before Alisher sold up (ie Stan was never gunna give up power).  Arsenal fans love a melt down surrounding what ifs.

I know all that but it’s no shock as he’s mates with Moshiri and is part of USM. Arsenal don’t seem (on the face of it) to want Ancelotti at all so Usmanov’s input has had no effect on Arsenal. 

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

If Ancelotti does come in for the Arsenal game, I will always wonder how far Ferguson could have gone before he suffered his first loss in the league, and if he was able to reverse it in the next game. 

If this happens I’m glad we’ll never find out. That way he can hold his head high and his status is left untainted. There’s always the new manager effect and it always wears off. 

51 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Nobody think it's a bit strange that Ferguson will be assistant manager under Ancelotti (if true)? He's likely never met the man and has no idea how he works. 

Ancelotti has a history of working with a variety of different assistants (Paul Clement was with him for a while.  At Bayern Hermann Gerland, part of the club's infrastructure, stayed on as an assistant.)  He's not a far Sam who brings in and will only work with his own old boys club.  Speculating here, but I suspect the brass might be thinking Duncan is in line to be next and a few years in a proper assistant's role under Carlo might be the perfect internship. 

15 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Ancelotti has a history of working with a variety of different assistants (Paul Clement was with him for a while.  At Bayern Hermann Gerland, part of the club's infrastructure, stayed on as an assistant.)  He's not a far Sam who brings in and will only work with his own old boys club.  Speculating here, but I suspect the brass might be thinking Duncan is in line to be next and a few years in a proper assistant's role under Carlo might be the perfect internship. 

Cheers for the info mate 

9 hours ago, Hafnia said:

If we get Ancellotti. My immediate thoughts are that he will raise the profile of the club in terms of transfers and also demand the respect of players. 

His cv demands respect, he's not a divisive character and he has worked with some of the very best in the game.

Example, Jordan pickford decides to question the manager when criticised for not coming out for a ball? Yeah well this bloke managed Buffon, Cassillas, Cech....  shut up and listen.

If we go for a player that is targetted by top 4, then we become a viable option due to the fact that we have attracted an elite manager who believes in the project. 

The more I think about it the more i want it.  Yes he maybe less driven nowadays maybe, but this is a new type of challenge for him.  Not targetted with winning a trophybas such but getting us to a place where we can arguably challenge for one. 

Love this!!

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

I know I'm going to get put in the bracket of never being happy with anything but I tend to agree with Dominic King here. I'm excited but also questioning if he is really the right fit for everton. No doubt he's a world beater, but does the shoe really fit? 

We won't know until we try, but it will help attract better players out there. I think he's the best that's available right now. 

4 hours ago, Aidan said:
I know I'm going to get put in the bracket of never being happy with anything but I tend to agree with Dominic King here. I'm excited but also questioning if he is really the right fit for everton. No doubt he's a world beater, but does the shoe really fit? 

here's where i stand on it.  if we can't get back to top 7 and european football with ancelotti then we just aren't a club meant to play technical attractive football.  hire back a moyes/dyche type and try and do the best we can with hard work and determination.  we've tried martinez koeman silva hopefully ancelotti, if we can't do the pretty thing, then fuck it, hire big dunc and punt and run and blood and guts for 90 minutes.  

If Ancelotti does rock up the idea of Dunc being his assistant is one that appeals to me, with Ancelotti when in possession we will have the good football with guile and creative play, and with Dunc we will still have the desire graft and passion for the shirt. 
They are chalk and cheese when it comes to style, but if they offer each other what the other may lack, this partnership could really work. 

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

here's where i stand on it.  if we can't get back to top 7 and european football with ancelotti then we just aren't a club meant to play technical attractive football.  hire back a moyes/dyche type and try and do the best we can with hard work and determination.  we've tried martinez koeman silva hopefully ancelotti, if we can't do the pretty thing, then fuck it, hire big dunc and punt and run and blood and guts for 90 minutes.  

If you want the pretty football, you need the blood guts first, see how much work KD does at city and the rest of the team, see the shite across the park never give anyone any time with the ball, no hard work no good football. See our team in the 80s all over the opposition like a rash.  Stop this constant hate campaign against big Dunc its pathetic.

14 hours ago, Palfy said:

If Ancelotti does come in for the Arsenal game, I will always wonder how far Ferguson could have gone before he suffered his first loss in the league, and if he was able to reverse it in the next game. 

New manager bounce mate, he definitely showed that these snake oil salesmen like allardyce basically just come in and do 2 banks of 4, get rid and get it up as quick as poss.

Dunc just did it with more gusto, passion and humility.

It was a great audition for him. I would look to suggest that unsworth should be advised to cut his teeth managing a championship, league one team and give Dunc the Under 21s.  

But I see your point, its been great to see a passionate manager go about It the Everton way. 

Is Ancelotti the right fit? Is anybody? Fuck knows! We all thought that Koeman and Silva were top appointments and look how that turned out. People got the hump when we stooped so low as to appoint Allardyce.  All the board - any board - can do is get the best manager available at the time: we are lucky that Ancelotti was sacked right now. The other likely options are Moyes and Emery.  There’s only one way to find out if he’s the right person and that’s to sign him. Did Man Utd’s board expect that Ferguson would have the success he did. Like fuck they did. Only history will tell if a decision was the right one. In any case, 99% of manager careers at clubs will end in disaster; even Wenger’s did in the end!

7 hours ago, Palfy said:

If Ancelotti does rock up the idea of Dunc being his assistant is one that appeals to me, with Ancelotti when in possession we will have the good football with guile and creative play, and with Dunc we will still have the desire graft and passion for the shirt. 
They are chalk and cheese when it comes to style, but if they offer each other what the other may lack, this partnership could really work. 

dunc was the assistant with koeman allardyce and silva and the desire graft and passion for the shirt were non-existent, what makes you think it iwll be different this time?

4 hours ago, Tonsta said:

If you want the pretty football, you need the blood guts first, see how much work KD does at city and the rest of the team, see the shite across the park never give anyone any time with the ball, no hard work no good football. See our team in the 80s all over the opposition like a rash.  Stop this constant hate campaign against big Dunc its pathetic.

never been any blood and guts at City with Pep and they've won the league and other trophies.  i don't buy what you're selling

12 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

dunc was the assistant with koeman allardyce and silva and the desire graft and passion for the shirt were non-existent, what makes you think it iwll be different this time?

never been any blood and guts at City with Pep and they've won the league and other trophies.  i don't buy what you're selling

Dunc was a coach with the other managers rather than his assistant. He will still have a part to play of course but a much lesser role solely as a coach.

The City players have run through brick walls the last couple of seasons for Pep. They might make it look easy but it's far from it. Liverpool cover every blade of grass too. 

33 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Dunc was a coach with the other managers rather than his assistant. He will still have a part to play of course but a much lesser role solely as a coach.

The City players have run through brick walls the last couple of seasons for Pep. They might make it look easy but it's far from it. Liverpool cover every blade of grass too. 

simply running around isn't blood and guts and passion for the shirt. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

You call it blood and guts, i call  it hard work pep won nothing without it, or klopp or anyone else you mention.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

simply running around isn't blood and guts and passion for the shirt. 

Strolling around, ball watching, not winning your battles most certainly isn't.

The fact of the matter is that if you don't have the quality to retain the ball as much as your opponents, you need to outwork them is an absolute minimum.  That's how we got our last two results.

The two best teams in the league work as hard off the ball as anyone.