IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

22 hours ago, Newty82 said:

We used the same site there!

I think it's hard to judge transfers more now. Every PL club is getting ripped off, well, below the top 6 anyway. It's all an expensive gamble.

Great minds ;)

I agree, every club has money and every club is charging a premium on their players as a result. Maybe wages would show a better picture?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/675303/average-epl-salary-by-team/

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/22/premier-league-finances-club-guide-2017-18-accounts-manchester-united-city

Either way whilst they may be in the bottom half of the table for that its not like there is a significant difference.

I would also say that despite the far better quality of players they have now compared to when they first came up, I don't know how much better they actually are.

Burnley for example are still very similar in their mould, they haven't really gone out and spent money on anyone significant and yet despite the Europa League burden they weren't prepared for they were only 5 points worth off than Bournemouth last season.

On 24/11/2019 at 12:17, sydneyneil said:

I believe it’s happening tomorrow. 

Wont happen until at least after Anfield, unless the team fully downs tools, in which case it will be internal stop gap. 

On 24/11/2019 at 12:34, Newty82 said:

Eddie Howe.

Still only 41. Now in his 5th PL season. Knows the league. Has proven himself in the league. As far as I'm concerned, has gone above expectation with Bournemouth. Plays good football, Bournemouth are mostly good to watch as a neutral. His chance in a bigger pond is coming. And I think he'll do well when that chance comes.

Of course, he's English. Which in the mad world of English PL football makes him less desirable than an unknown foreigner.

isn't he an Evertonian too?

Edit: One of the common criteria amongst fans, or demands, is that the manager 'gets' Everton. He'd 'get' Everton...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/eddie-howe-everton-dream-how-11275635

Someone else said it, he hasn't really progressed.  Did well, really well, to establish them as perennials in the Premier League, but don't see them taking the next step, tactically or with recruitment.  Would have been a great shout instead of Martinez at that time.

On 25/11/2019 at 07:35, Palfy said:

Apparently Arteta has been offered the job they are waiting on his response, before they look for option B which may well be Moyes on a short term contract. 
This according to Football Insider 1hr ago. 

I guess that's at least believable.  City now looking unlikely to win the league, they might be looking for the next manager in the summer and this could be a good time for him to move on.  Definitely a risk for us, but I think he'd have the instant respect of the dressing room and could deal with the personalities, which is where Silva fails massively.

I don't think we'll see someone with no PL experience, that's not something you do on your 4th restart of your rebuilding program in the middle of the season.  Reasonable choices who could conceivably be interested in the job are short on the ground:

Poch - 0 chance, but sure, give him a call for shits and giggles.

Arteta - Maybe, he's a bigger risk than the Spanish waiter.  Could he be paired with very strong #2?

Dunc - Not yet, maybe next time, seems to be developing in that direction though.

Rafa - Could be had, wouldn't hurt our reputation with prospective players, would stabilize and get rid of trash.  No question for me that he could work with what we have.  He managed it at Newcastle and the quality they had is far below us, despite all the flops and dead wood.  Don't hate the idea.

Moyes - Mixed emotions, but as others have said that was then, this is now.

Howe - as above

I think arteta would be gettable. He has a song already and could probably get a game in our midfield as is. He has a cv for someone so young as a coach for delivering sessions to some of the best players in the world. This cannot be sniffed at. He’s played for huge teams and I’m coming to the reality that he is going to a big club regardless and I want that to be us. I was all for Rafa last week but my mind has changed 

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2019/11/27/20985223/everton-new-manager-latest-jorge-jesus-flamengo-world-club-championship-marco-silva-future

Yet another into the mix.. We need a proven manger in the Premier League and Moshiri allegedly wants someone who can excite the fans, don't think they can come together however good this Jesus is.

I have just seen a link on Lucien Favre as his job at Dortmund is looking like it is under pressure.

I don't really know a lot about him but his Wikipedia page sounds pretty promising in that he has done very well at almost every club he has been at.

It even says the following, which I think may have been written by his mum:

Style of management

Favre's teams play a dynamic, quick and attacking-minded football where ball possession and change of tempo alternate. This attractive style of play has brought results in every club he has managed. Furthermore, Favre is very skillful tactically, leaving his opponents struggling to penetrate his well-organized sides. His teams tend to shoot less than others but have a high conversion rate, also with shots coming from outside the box. Favre likes the opponents conversion rate to be on the low end. His teams stick out at the wrong end of expected goals statistics. Favre has a reputation of predicting well how opposing teams, coaches or players tend to react in certain situations. To play this style Favre pays attention to details and technique especially one-to-one.[11][12][13][14][15]

Favre is also well known for his ability to develop talented young players and introduce them into the first team. Under his leadership, Blerim Džemaili, Almen Abdi, Steve von Bergen and Gökhan Inler all made their debut with the Switzerland national team before signing for foreign clubs. In 2007, Zürich became Swiss champions with an average age of 21.5 years. He is also credited with raising the game of German starlet Marco Reus, whose fine performances procured a call up to the Germany national team and a high-priced move to league champions Borussia Dortmund; Marc-André ter Stegen, who eventually joined Barcelona; and Christoph Kramer. Another example of his ability to develop youngsters into widely sought after, talented players is seen in Granit Xhaka, who initially struggled when he joined Gladbach but, under Favre's tutelage, eventually thrived, becoming one of the best central midfielders in Germany and sealing a move to Arsenal for a fee reported to be in excess of €30 million.

20 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Emery's available now.

I'm fuming Arsenal have sacked him first. They've lost 3 PL games this season, we've lost 7 and have had a dream run of fixtures really. How much shitter do we have to get before our board say enough is enough? 

And yeah, I was against jumping the gun sacking Silva. But losing at home to Norwich with a display that abject had to be a line in the sand. I honestly cannot believe we haven't acted. 

On 25/11/2019 at 19:00, pete0 said:

Integrated? How old was he when he starting playing through choice rather than forced by injury? What age when he was finally played in his position centrally? 

What's there not to get about teenagers and adults being different? 

Are you deliberately ignoring the fact Ossie had a long term knee injury gat kept him out for over a year just as he was breaking through ?

13 hours ago, Bailey said:

I have just seen a link on Lucien Favre as his job at Dortmund is looking like it is under pressure.

I don't really know a lot about him but his Wikipedia page sounds pretty promising in that he has done very well at almost every club he has been at.

It even says the following, which I think may have been written by his mum:

Style of management

Favre's teams play a dynamic, quick and attacking-minded football where ball possession and change of tempo alternate. This attractive style of play has brought results in every club he has managed. Furthermore, Favre is very skillful tactically, leaving his opponents struggling to penetrate his well-organized sides. His teams tend to shoot less than others but have a high conversion rate, also with shots coming from outside the box. Favre likes the opponents conversion rate to be on the low end. His teams stick out at the wrong end of expected goals statistics. Favre has a reputation of predicting well how opposing teams, coaches or players tend to react in certain situations. To play this style Favre pays attention to details and technique especially one-to-one.[11][12][13][14][15]

Favre is also well known for his ability to develop talented young players and introduce them into the first team. Under his leadership, Blerim Džemaili, Almen Abdi, Steve von Bergen and Gökhan Inler all made their debut with the Switzerland national team before signing for foreign clubs. In 2007, Zürich became Swiss champions with an average age of 21.5 years. He is also credited with raising the game of German starlet Marco Reus, whose fine performances procured a call up to the Germany national team and a high-priced move to league champions Borussia Dortmund; Marc-André ter Stegen, who eventually joined Barcelona; and Christoph Kramer. Another example of his ability to develop youngsters into widely sought after, talented players is seen in Granit Xhaka, who initially struggled when he joined Gladbach but, under Favre's tutelage, eventually thrived, becoming one of the best central midfielders in Germany and sealing a move to Arsenal for a fee reported to be in excess of €30 million.

Would love Favre, but think our chance with him was pre-Dortmund.

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Are you deliberately ignoring the fact Ossie had a long term knee injury gat kept him out for over a year just as he was breaking through ?

Those injuries impacted him getting chosen by the last manager. He was well over them by the time Moyes came. 

If the injuries are stopping him from being first choice they'd also have been stopping him from starting when someone else got injured. 

5 hours ago, nogs said:

I'm fuming Arsenal have sacked him first. They've lost 3 PL games this season, we've lost 7 and have had a dream run of fixtures really. How much shitter do we have to get before our board say enough is enough? 

And yeah, I was against jumping the gun sacking Silva. But losing at home to Norwich with a display that abject had to be a line in the sand. I honestly cannot believe we haven't acted. 

Some of the names mentioned for them overlap with the names mentioned for us. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

46 minutes ago, nogs said:

Yep. Means they are in the hunt first though. I'm pretty depressed by the rumour that Silva has been kept on because Kenwright and Moshiri don't agree on what to do next. That spells massive trouble for me. I'd rather both were kept well out of it. Brands has been given a place on the board - for me next manager should be his pick, otherwise what's the point of having a DoF with such a senior position at the club? 

Problem is that it’s Brands who wants to persevere isn’t it. He is in the media today saying how important it is to have patience with the current set up.

47 minutes ago, nogs said:

Yep. Means they are in the hunt first though. I'm pretty depressed by the rumour that Silva has been kept on because Kenwright and Moshiri don't agree on what to do next. That spells massive trouble for me. I'd rather both were kept well out of it. Brands has been given a place on the board - for me next manager should be his pick, otherwise what's the point of having a DoF with such a senior position at the club? 

Problem is that it’s Brands who wants to persevere isn’t it. He is in the media today saying how important it is to have patience with the current set up.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Or he's been sent out set put the official club position out there with speculation rife. He can hardly come out and say we need to change manager if the top brass have decided not yet! 

4 hours ago, nogs said:

Or he's been sent out set put the official club position out there with speculation rife. He can hardly come out and say we need to change manager if the top brass have decided not yet! 

Which would show he’s not the man making these decisions. Either way the result is the same unfortunately.

Ange Postecoglou is now 1 game from wrapping up the Japanese J1 league in his second season, with comfortable the highest goals scored in the league.

This was a team he started managing half way through last season that was bottom 3.

Every club (and national team) he has managed he has stamped his attacking football on, and won leagues and trophies, while entertaining.

This guy is coming to Europe, it's a shame he won't be on Evertons radar, because this is a guy that could do something special for Everton with our talent and resources.