IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

1 hour ago, DavisJD said:

Ange Postecoglou is now 1 game from wrapping up the Japanese J1 league in his second season, with comfortable the highest goals scored in the league.

This was a team he started managing half way through last season that was bottom 3.

Every club (and national team) he has managed he has stamped his attacking football on, and won leagues and trophies, while entertaining.

This guy is coming to Europe, it's a shame he won't be on Evertons radar, because this is a guy that could do something special for Everton with our talent and resources. 

Actually a big fan of Ange, built a quality team with the brisbane roar - probably the first team to really dominate the aleague with possession based football. Been quite successful throughout and did well the Aus national team despite the limitations in quality. Really hope he shows his quality in Europe - absolutely deserves it.

Not sure  I think  Farhad  Moshiri may  be hoping to  hang  on  until  the Jan window  opens  for some reason.  

I  am  sure he wants to  have a new manager in place  by the new season  though  so  he wants  a Manager  to last until  the rbnd of  this  season/     I therefore  think it  may be  Moyes  to steady the  ship  ...

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Moyes will not entertain coming back here as that. He'll want to be here long-term. So you either have him for years or not at all. And one day more of Moyes here is too long as far as I'm concerned.

Did he not go to WHU as interim? Or did they just sack him? If he did, I don't see why he would'nt come here in that role in order to try and make it his own (which I believe the board would give him a contract if he was successful in a turn around).

I have a sneaky feeling he will be here come the end of this season.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Did he not go to WHU as interim? Or did they just sack him? If he did, I don't see why he would'nt come here in that role in order to try and make it his own (which I believe the board would give him a contract if he was successful in a turn around).

I have a sneaky feeling he will be here come the end of this season.

He did and that’s why he won’t do it again. He was burned once, he won’t sign a 6 month deal again. 

If he is hired then I’m finished with putting any effort into this season tbh. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

He did and that’s why he won’t do it again. He was burned once, he won’t sign a 6 month deal again. 

If he is hired then I’m finished with putting any effort into this season tbh. 

Yep. I find it difficult to understand that people like Howe (just as an example) are ridiculed as options because they've won nothing etc, yet peeps are bigging up a Moyes come back who's won...fuck all. And done...fuck all. Even Rafas main winning spell was some 15 or so years ago. And, to be honest, I think Rafa is at the stage of just wanting a big payday, hence going to China.

I mean, if 'winning stuff' is the main criteria, Manuel Pellegrini must be on the list. Or Unai Emery. It's such an over simplified view.

29 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Yep. I find it difficult to understand that people like Howe (just as an example) are ridiculed as options because they've won nothing etc, yet peeps are bigging up a Moyes come back who's won...fuck all. And done...fuck all. Even Rafas main winning spell was some 15 or so years ago. And, to be honest, I think Rafa is at the stage of just wanting a big payday, hence going to China.

I mean, if 'winning stuff' is the main criteria, Manuel Pellegrini must be on the list. Or Unai Emery. It's such an over simplified view.

I replied to this earlier but it’s disappeared!

Im not keen on Howe but I’d have him before Moyes all day long. It’s been almost 10 years since Moyes was here and the only thing that he’s shown in that time is that football has moved on from him.

I really think it’d be a disaster for us if we brought him back. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I replied to this earlier but it’s disappeared!

Im not keen on Howe but I’d have him before Moyes all day long. It’s been almost 10 years since Moyes was here and the only thing that he’s shown in that time is that football has moved on from him.

I really think it’d be a disaster for us if we brought him back. 

Yeah, I just mean Howe as an example. I know I've touted him but my record is as bad as Evertons!

Seems so many are being overlooked by fans but then some names they then mention contradict the previous reasoning for rejection of others. 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Statement from Potchettino ?sp, he's ready to come back to premier league.

If Arsenal don't want him we must be 2nd in the running.

Ready to manage in Europe is what he said. So could be hinting at Bayern that he’s available.

Couldnt see him going to Arsenal when they’re a club he’s named that he couldn’t manage - along with Barcelona. 

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Ready to manage in Europe is what he said. So could be hinting at Bayern that he’s available.

Couldnt see him going to Arsenal when they’re a club he’s named that he couldn’t manage - along with Barcelona. 

I forgot Arsenal and Tottenham are local rivals. Well it won't hurt if we try in that case. If we offer him a huge sallary and transfer budged to rebuild the squad, he might be tempted.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Former Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino has opened the door on an instant return to the Premier League, declaring himself ready to dive straight back into management.  Daily Mirror.

I think the actual quote is Europe though. I wouldnt believe it unless you specifically see him say the Premier League, but even if he did, he clearly just means he is ready for another club (in Europe).

We aren't getting him though, get your hopes up all you like but anyone who thinks this is a goer will just end up being very disappointed!

30 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think the actual quote is Europe though. I wouldnt believe it unless you specifically see him say the Premier League, but even if he did, he clearly just means he is ready for another club (in Europe).

We aren't getting him though, get your hopes up all you like but anyone who thinks this is a goer will just end up being very disappointed!

Correct, it is.