IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

30 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Moshiri's fad appointments

He wanted Silva (if rumours are true). Where are the other fad appointments? Also what do you want him to do persevere with Silva? He got one manger in that he thought would do well (as did a number on here) it didn’t work out so he’s getting rid 🤷‍♂️

I don’t know why I continue to be surprised by football fans. I think he’s done a very good job since he’s come in with a lot of work required, Stadium, finances, restructure of the board etc. If it was easy to find the next up and coming Klopp, Pep then everyone would be doing it. Look at Man U, Arsenal and they have greater pulling power than us. Also look back to the comments over the last couple of summers and most people were in agreement with Moshiri. A bad run of games and suddenly all the work he’s done get  forgotten quickly. 

Not a rant aimed at you Mark as this could equally be aimed at others as well. I just don’t like the fickle nature of many fans. 

48 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yes it’s time for a change. I thought Marco deserved 18 months but it’s clear that he can’t cope with the injuries and other decisions that have gone against us. But talking about relegation now is yet again ridiculous. 2/3rds of the season left, with the right change we could still challenge top 5 the league is that tight. Don’t believe me, ask Spurs fans how they felt a couple of weeks ago. 

if the board really want to compete, they need to show it. Another safety appointment will just set us back again 

Absolutely. Sounds daft at the moment, but string a few wins together and we are back in the top 6 chase, the league is that tight. It's not yet opened up.

I hope to god the board have had more foresight than Moyes, but I just can't think of who else.

55 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yes it’s time for a change. I thought Marco deserved 18 months but it’s clear that he can’t cope with the injuries and other decisions that have gone against us. But talking about relegation now is yet again ridiculous. 2/3rds of the season left, with the right change we could still challenge top 5 the league is that tight. Don’t believe me, ask Spurs fans how they felt a couple of weeks ago. 

if the board really want to compete, they need to show it. Another safety appointment will just set us back again 

The longer Silva is here the more the possibility is real. We're in the relegation battle and we've had the easiest run fixtures as well. 

54 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

Tbf, Sunderland had no business being in the league then. They were terrible and still are, hence why they're struggling to get out of League 1. 

That said, I don't want Moyes. 

For me it proves Allardyce is the better of the two. Given no one would have him back here it baffles me some would have Moyes. 

9 minutes ago, barryj said:

He wanted Silva (if rumours are true). Where are the other fad appointments? Also what do you want him to do persevere with Silva? He got one manger in that he thought would do well (as did a number on here) it didn’t work out so he’s getting rid 🤷‍♂️

I don’t know why I continue to be surprised by football fans. I think he’s done a very good job since he’s come in with a lot of work required, Stadium, finances, restructure of the board etc. If it was easy to find the next up and coming Klopp, Pep then everyone would be doing it. Look at Man U, Arsenal and they have greater pulling power than us. Also look back to the comments over the last couple of summers and most people were in agreement with Moshiri. A bad run of games and suddenly all the work he’s done get  forgotten quickly. 

Not a rant aimed at you Mark as this could equally be aimed at others as well. I just don’t like the fickle nature of many fans. 

it's fine.  first thing was koeman he was doing well at soton.  then walsh doing well at leicster.  then the big signings moshiri had to have.  it has been well reported Silva was Moshiri's man, not Brands.  the only thing he's done right is Brands on the football side.  Yeah the stadium and sponsors are all good and well but they can't win the game for us, the football side is what needs the most attention and moshiri seems intent on getting his way instead of trusting professionals.  pisses me off. 

bill is a legend.  worked with literally no money and has done better than moshiri whos' spunked millions upon millions.  goes to show money won't win it for you, gotta be a good structure, manager, and recruitment.

9 minutes ago, pete0 said:

The longer Silva is here the more the possibility is real. We're in the relegation battle and we've had the easiest run fixtures as well. 

For me it proves Allardyce is the better of the two. Given no one would have him back here it baffles me some would have Moyes. 

I don't want either. 

12 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

it's fine.  first thing was koeman he was doing well at soton.  then walsh doing well at leicster.  then the big signings moshiri had to have.  it has been well reported Silva was Moshiri's man, not Brands.  the only thing he's done right is Brands on the football side.  Yeah the stadium and sponsors are all good and well but they can't win the game for us, the football side is what needs the most attention and moshiri seems intent on getting his way instead of trusting professionals.  pisses me off. 

bill is a legend.  worked with literally no money and has done better than moshiri whos' spunked millions upon millions.  goes to show money won't win it for you, gotta be a good structure, manager, and recruitment.

He only owned 49.9% when Koeman was appointed. Most at the time thought Walsh was a good appointment. I’d love the gift of hindsight. Bill did well with limited money but was never going to take the club on to the next level. I agree with you we need a good manager and that’s the point it’s not easy. Who do you want them to appoint now? 

Some people previously wanted Emery now look at what happened with him! 

Now we get to see if the set up behind the scenes is a real problem for the club. I'll be a bit dismayed if we don't announce someone within the next couple of days. We should have been talking to those on our want list some weeks ago. That includes Poch, checking the probability, crossing him off the list. Chatting to Bournemouth, what's the stance with Howe...cost etc. Same with any club and potential replacement.

Over to the board 

Just now, barryj said:

He only owned 49.9% when Koeman was appointed. Most at the time thought Walsh was a good appointment. I’d love the gift of hindsight. Bill did well with limited money but was never going to take the club on to the next level. I agree with you we need a good manager and that’s the point it’s not easy. Who do you want them to appoint now? 

Some people previously wanted Emery now look at what happened with him! 

I want the man Brands wants.  I want him to appoint the manager and be inline philosophy wise.  Otherwise it makes no sense to even have Brands.  The whole point of doing the DOF thing was continuity over time if managers/players come and go.  That was derailed immediately when Moshiri installed his guy over Brands.  It failed (just like koeman and allardyce and walsh and all moshiris others).  So i just want Brands to be given a shot to pick the guy.  I don't know who that will be.  I like Jardim at Monaco, but it's not my decision.

21 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

moshiri seems intent on getting his way instead of trusting professionals.  pisses me off. 

How could you possibly know what goes on behind closed doors 🤷‍♂️ I’d argue the opposite, problem is those professionals have turned out to be poor judges. 

13 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I want the man Brands wants.  I want him to appoint the manager and be inline philosophy wise.  Otherwise it makes no sense to even have Brands.  The whole point of doing the DOF thing was continuity over time if managers/players come and go.  That was derailed immediately when Moshiri installed his guy over Brands.  It failed (just like koeman and allardyce and walsh and all moshiris others).  So i just want Brands to be given a shot to pick the guy.  I don't know who that will be.  I like Jardim at Monaco, but it's not my decision.

If that’s true and I believe it may be or equally Brands may have agreed. However, that’s still only one manager. 

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Totally agree. Brands is there to build a club. Manager/ youth system. If morishi is getting advised by agents etc then there is no point in brands being there. Stay out of the way and let the people your paying to do the job do the job 

17 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

With Duncan in charge for now that means no Moyes.  Wouldn't be appointing a temporary man if Moyes was coming in.  (Unless Brands' 1, 2, and 3 all turn us down and we come back to Davey with our tail between our legs)

I still think it’ll happen.

So while I wait for that disastrous appointment so I can stop giving a shit about this season I have to put up with the joke that is Duncan Ferguson. How nice. 

32 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Fucking sky are doing a report on silva and  are accusing our fans of singing during the Norwich game your getting sacked in the morning 

They did mate. 

It was toxic, like the last days of Roberto Martinez. People were singing "sacked in the morning" which caused a bit of fuss as half the fans were defending Silva, with the others joining in and for the last five minutes whenever we won possession the team was booed. 

I've seen managers get stick, but for the home team to be booed every time they touched the ball was something special. A horrible night from start to finish really, atrocious football and a poisonous atmosphere. 

4 minutes ago, Shukes said:

So Dunc gets the nod before Unsy? Wow!

I mean there may be something we don’t know about Ferguson’s coaching training... but really.

Wait I got it.... Fucking Moshiri has got confused. He saw Ferguson and thought, wasn’t he the worlds best manager at one point... get him in!

They've seen Unsy in action before (I thought he was getting things turned around when Sam came in, but anyway) and Duncan is working with the first team every day.  Makes sense to me. 

16 minutes ago, Shukes said:

So Dunc gets the nod before Unsy? Wow!

I mean there may be something we don’t know about Ferguson’s coaching training... but really.

Wait I got it.... Fucking Moshiri has got confused. He saw Ferguson and thought, wasn’t he the worlds best manager at one point... get him in!

Maybe they went with Dunc because they know it's temporary.  Can only bring Unsy back so many times before giving him a longer go at it.

3 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Don't understand why people are so dead set against Dunc. I'm not wanting him as our next permanent manager, however there is a tribal mentality that he's a bad coach, which people seem to have based that opinion on absolutely no evidence.

I also think he’s a gobshite that lives off an undeserved legendary status.

Usually entire coaching teams go when a manager loses his job but he keeps surviving, which suggests he’s someone that is just foisted on each manager when they arrive as he’s a club appointment. 

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I also think he’s a gobshite that lives off an undeserved legendary status.

Usually entire coaching teams go when a manager loses his job but he keeps surviving, which suggests he’s someone that is just foisted on each manager when they arrive as he’s a club appointment. 

I can understand that, but he's one of only a few people at that club that bleed blue and that will do for me until we get a new manager in.