IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

It's almost certainly (please God) only for 1 game which is in less than 48 hours, so with that in mind, there's no chance of any kind of new tactics or grand strategy for the Chelsea game. Some dumb rabble rousing "Go Out There And Twat 'Em" team talk is probably the best chance we have of getting a result, and that's the kind of thing Dunc can deliver just as well if not better than Unsworth.

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Totally agree. Brands is there to build a club. Manager/ youth system. If morishi is getting advised by agents etc then there is no point in brands being there. Stay out of the way and let the people your paying to do the job do the job 

If Moshiri is listening to agents over Brands then Brands should just walk. I really hope that's not the case but considering how bad some of our recruitment has been its worryingly plsusible

12 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I can understand that, but he's one of only a few people at that club that bleed blue and that will do for me until we get a new manager in. 

No one knows what we are going to get from him as a manager his style and tactics, we’ve nothing to compare to from his past in a managerial role. 
But what we do know is that he will make sure every player leaves everything they’ve got out on the pitch, because if they don’t there know about it in no uncertain terms, which is what some need a good kick up the arse.  

11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

No one knows what we are going to get from him as a manager his style and tactics, we’ve nothing to compare to from his past in a managerial role. 
But what we do know is that he will make sure every player leaves everything they’ve got out on the pitch, because if they don’t there know about it in no uncertain terms, which is what some need a good kick up the arse.  

Yeah sometimes any change is better. Look how United reacted to Jose leaving last year. A completely changed team because a weight was lifted off them. 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

I am a bit worried that Dunc will get a couple of wins and do an OGS; solid run to convince the board to keep him on, then slap bang average. That said, we could do worse at the moment 

Hell, if he wins the next couple of games, we will be begging Moshiri to keep him for awhile. 😁

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I also think he’s a gobshite that lives off an undeserved legendary status.

Usually entire coaching teams go when a manager loses his job but he keeps surviving, which suggests he’s someone that is just foisted on each manager when they arrive as he’s a club appointment. 

agreed on all points.  

3 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

SSN breaking that Vitor Periera is the main target. Read his Wikipedia, apparently he was interviewed for us back in 2013. Doesn't seem to have done anything too special. Almost a carbon copy of Silva with wins with top teams in Portugal and Greece, and strange quits/sackings/mutual what evers along the way.

Did they ask Silva for a personal recommendation?? 

6 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

SSN breaking that Vitor Periera is the main target. Read his Wikipedia, apparently he was interviewed for us back in 2013. Doesn't seem to have done anything too special. Almost a carbon copy of Silva with wins with top teams in Portugal and Greece, and strange quits/sackings/mutual what evers along the way.

In other words some SSN intern has been tasked with scouring the internet archives for managers that were previously linked with Everton and now they're throwing out names to keep people watching their channel. 

7 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

FFS. Will we ever learn?

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Just a few hours ago Sky were saying Moyes was ready to step in :lol: 

In some ways, I think the more they speculate the less they know. Which might be a good thing. A surprise that no one thought was possible. Or not. That s a real nothing statement from me. As per.

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

Always say there is a conflict with them also doing Sky Bet. They can blatantly spin any name to generate more bets. Same with transfers.

They sold the betting site although do still hold a small stake not enough for them to manipulate the market. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/sky-bet-sale-agreed-in-deal-worth-up-to-2-6bn-11343673

3 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

With Duncan in charge for now that means no Moyes.  Wouldn't be appointing a temporary man if Moyes was coming in.  (Unless Brands' 1, 2, and 3 all turn us down and we come back to Davey with our tail between our legs)

Agree

I don’t think we can afford to get this one wrong, we need results, identity, philosophy, and stability.

We don’t need a short term fix as that makes it how many managers in how many years and gives the players who need to start performing an excuse.

I personally don’t want Moyes back, his track record with our strikers was horrible and it seemed he just sapped the confidence out of them.

Also how has Morgan managed to survive and outlast this many managers

9 minutes ago, DownUnderToff said:

Think we have to hold fire until end of season.  (Realistic) available options aren't good enough and can only see an Arteta/assistant manager type, making the move mid season.

Someone willing to solidify the backline for 6 months only, would be perfect in the meantime.

I’m against the idea of Arteta, even though I loved him as a player for us. I know your not suggesting him but too inexperienced.

There are some available options as the likes of Poch are an upgrade on Silva in my opinion. Just going to be interesting to see where we land.

Moshiri made the fireman sam mistake once and was ridiculed for it so I don’t see him doing that again in terms of an unpopular short term fix.

30 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Something just popped up on my Facebook timeline from 6 years ago.

It's the Manchester United manager, David Moyes, calling Everton fans 'an absolute disgrace' after getting some stick from us when the two sides met.

Let us not forget people. This man treat the club with disdain when he got that job.

I actually can't believe there are fans that want him back. He showed his true colours at the end of his time here and everything that's come after.

It wouldn't surprise me if the delay is him holding us to ransom like the lover of gravy did before coming in. That's the type of man he is.

I clapped him out of Goodison but I've not once clapped a return from him and I won't be changing that even if he's our next manager.