Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Liverpool Derby (Away) Wednesday December 4th

Recommended Posts

on one hand they might be distracted by bigger matches and CL and all that and we could pull a smash and grab here.  the other part of me says we will get smashed martinez style.  sit back and park the bus and don't leave them room at the back to punt the ball and run in behind.  hit on the counter and hope we have our scoring boots on.

 

                               Pickford

       Coleman Holgate Mina Digne

       Richarlison Davies Beni Bernard

                             DCL   Kean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MikeO said:

Expect annihilation, nothing to lose; might just work in our favour. Won't be holding my breath though.

Would there be anything more Everton for us to now win 3 on the trot or something stupid like that just to leave us thinking what could have been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

We'll win this nil-one. Score in the first five minutes and hold for dear life whilst we are bombarded with wave after wave of Liverpool attacks. 

 

Pickford

Sidibé Mina Holgate Digne

Davies Delph

Iwobi

Walcott Bernard

Tosun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Heath said:

 

We'll win this nil-one. Score in the first five minutes and hold for dear life whilst we are bombarded with wave after wave of Liverpool attacks. 

 

Pickford

Sidibé Mina Holgate Digne

Davies Delph

Iwobi

Walcott Bernard

Tosun

Whatever you're taking give me 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/11/2019 at 19:03, Heath said:

 

We'll win this nil-one. Score in the first five minutes and hold for dear life whilst we are bombarded with wave after wave of Liverpool attacks. 

 

Pickford

Sidibé Mina Holgate Digne

Davies Delph

Iwobi

Walcott Bernard

Tosun

Like the idea but you might as well have Sidibe positioned next to Walcott and not kid yourself.

Mane will shred that space and Liverpool are that good that they would effortlessly expose him. Coleman maybe but I’d even go Holgate to match Mane physically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The key to stopping Liverpool is to stop their fullback getting forward, we need to make them think about defending. I'd go brave and match up with them 433 if we can, with the central forward playing more in the midfield when we don't have the ball, and tell our outside forwards not to bother tracking back, and hit direct balls into them when we get it, to expose them on their wings. We will need alot of  luck and courage but I'd rather get beat 4-3 then sit back and wait for the inevitable last minute goal or a VAR penalty 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JimmytheJimster said:

The key to stopping Liverpool is to stop their fullback getting forward, we need to make them think about defending. I'd go brave and match up with them 433 if we can, with the central forward playing more in the midfield when we don't have the ball, and tell our outside forwards not to bother tracking back, and hit direct balls into them when we get it, to expose them on their wings. We will need alot of  luck and courage but I'd rather get beat 4-3 then sit back and wait for the inevitable last minute goal or a VAR penalty 😄

Silva won’t be seeing it that way, he will be defensive as fuck hoping and praying for a 0-0, and keeping his job if he’s still here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JimmytheJimster said:

The key to stopping Liverpool is to stop their fullback getting forward, we need to make them think about defending. I'd go brave and match up with them 433 if we can, with the central forward playing more in the midfield when we don't have the ball, and tell our outside forwards not to bother tracking back, and hit direct balls into them when we get it, to expose them on their wings. We will need alot of  luck and courage but I'd rather get beat 4-3 then sit back and wait for the inevitable last minute goal or a VAR penalty 😄

Lets see how Brighton get on matching their formation today - if Flashscores are right that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liverpool are unbeaten in thirty-one league games, last time they went thirty-one unbeaten they game to Goodison in 1988 and this was the only goal of the game...

...it's in the stars!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Liverpool are unbeaten in thirty-one league games, last time they went thirty-one unbeaten they game to Goodison in 1988 and this was the only goal of the game...

...it's in the stars!

I remember that well, only Wednesday we are away, so I’m afraid it will be 1-1. 
But I’m sure you would be happy enough with that, wouldn’t you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I remember that well, only Wednesday we are away, so I’m afraid it will be 1-1. 
But I’m sure you would be happy enough with that, wouldn’t you?

I'd rip your arm off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Keith B said:

I'm going to do my best to schedule back to back to back meetings at work on Wednesday. After today's result, this has 5-0 all over it.

Only 5. They'll put us to the sword, especially if we concede early. Liverpool like to get the game won inside the first 30 minutes and are usually 2 up by then. If we concede early they will just keep going and I can see as much as 8 going past us.

Our only hope is to keep it 0-0 as long as possible. We dont have the gumption to win a Premier League game at the moment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad to say but I can see jaws changing the team a lot. They are eleven points clear and can rotate. I would think origi will be playing and maybe they will rest salad. Think we might get a consolation penno seen as we haven’t had one this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Sad to say but I can see jaws changing the team a lot. They are eleven points clear and can rotate. I would think origi will be playing and maybe they will rest salad. Think we might get a consolation penno seen as we haven’t had one this season. 

That'd be a releaf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

442 with Kean as a left forward and DCL on the toes of the centre halves. Wouldn't even bother much on the right other than if liverpool lose shape and leave a gap. 

Pickford 

Coleman Mina Holgate Digne 

Walcott Iwobi Davies Richarlison 

DCL Kean 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would go with the 3 at the back and the 2 wingbacks to try and keep Robertson and Trent Alexander in their own halves, if Sidibe plays as well as he did against Leicester he’s going to give Robertson loads of problems, and if Digne and Bernard get to play on the left they will give Trent Alexander plenty of problems, so the key is push them back, and that will cut the supply to the front men most of Liverpool’s attacks start with them 2.

                            Pickford  

         Holgate.      Keane.     Mina. 
Sidibe.                                                 Digne. 
                       Gylfi.        Davies 

Iwobi.              Richarlison.             Bernard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                                             2-3-3-2 formation                                                                                                  Pickford                                                                                                                                    Sidebe  Baines                                                                                                                           Davies   Mina   Digne                                                                                                             Iwobi   Siggourdson   Bernard                                                                                               Richarlison   M Keane                                                                

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make Baines the CAPTAIN and he will bring back the spirit of the dogs of war missing in the souls of this team!!! Baines the missing link. Marco... read this and the formation!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mahmud said:

                                             2-3-3-2 formation                                                                                                  Pickford                                                                                                                                    Sidebe  Baines                                                                                                                           Davies   Mina   Digne                                                                                                             Iwobi   Siggourdson   Bernard                                                                                               Richarlison   M Keane                                                                

No offense, but I feel like this formation has too much space, and Iwobi looks to be completely isolated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Palfy said:

I would go with the 3 at the back and the 2 wingbacks to try and keep Robertson and Trent Alexander in their own halves, if Sidibe plays as well as he did against Leicester he’s going to give Robertson loads of problems, and if Digne and Bernard get to play on the left they will give Trent Alexander plenty of problems, so the key is push them back, and that will cut the supply to the front men most of Liverpool’s attacks start with them 2.

                            Pickford  

         Holgate.      Keane.     Mina. 
Sidibe.                                                 Digne. 
                       Gylfi.        Davies 

Iwobi.              Richarlison.             Bernard. 

Agree we should go with 3 at the back to negate their full backs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More I think about it the more I reckon we might as well go toe to toe with them, 4-3-3 and attacking. Got nothing to lose. Plus, best way to stop them is push their full backs back and out play them in midfield. I don't see the formation we played at Leicester working against them. 5 at the back would leave Salah, Firminho and Mane going one to one with our three CBs and the quality of the delivery from their full backs means our full backs would practically have to go man to man to deny them any space. Plus, leaving a two man centre mid vs their 3, they'd just get over run. 

I think the best way to pin their full backs back is to play a high, narrow front 3, I'd go Richarlison, DCL and Kean. Go long, Alexander-Arnold will leave space all game, Robertson will have to drop back to help their CBs. I'd play a reasonably attacking 3 in midfield, too - Davies, Sigurdsson, Iwobi/Bernard, aim being to pick up balls in the spaces and play round their 3, which is a lot easier without Fabinho. Sidibe and Digne play like old fashioned full backs, ie a proper back 4 to counter their front 3. We might still get murdered but I don't see we've got the players to stop them any other way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liverpool tend to struggle when they are asked to create just as they did against us last season. I would argue that Leicester are more creative than Liverpool but Liverpool carry more of a threat. 

If AOC plays, which I expect he will, then this makes them more dangerous against those tactics as he does just enough to cause that little ripple in the defensive line that he or the others can exploit. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other thing to consider is that Klopp has now seen our 541 in action. It only took Rodgers 60 mins to find it out and Klopp is probably one of the sharpest tactical minds out there and I don't see how any midfield pairing we could get out could stop them completely dominating the ball in our half. 

If they do dominate possession like that they will eventually create more than enough chances to score. We would have to score at least 2 of our own IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nogs said:

More I think about it the more I reckon we might as well go toe to toe with them, 4-3-3 and attacking. Got nothing to lose. Plus, best way to stop them is push their full backs back and out play them in midfield. I don't see the formation we played at Leicester working against them. 5 at the back would leave Salah, Firminho and Mane going one to one with our three CBs and the quality of the delivery from their full backs means our full backs would practically have to go man to man to deny them any space. Plus, leaving a two man centre mid vs their 3, they'd just get over run. 

I think the best way to pin their full backs back is to play a high, narrow front 3, I'd go Richarlison, DCL and Kean. Go long, Alexander-Arnold will leave space all game, Robertson will have to drop back to help their CBs. I'd play a reasonably attacking 3 in midfield, too - Davies, Sigurdsson, Iwobi/Bernard, aim being to pick up balls in the spaces and play round their 3, which is a lot easier without Fabinho. Sidibe and Digne play like old fashioned full backs, ie a proper back 4 to counter their front 3. We might still get murdered but I don't see we've got the players to stop them any other way. 

Don't be thinking before the derby nogs, it's dangerous. 

I spend months telling myself to expect a loss, then the week before convincing myself we might nick a point, before finally reaching the last 24 hours adament that this is our year! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Don't be thinking before the derby nogs, it's dangerous. 

I spend months telling myself to expect a loss, then the week before convincing myself we might nick a point, before finally reaching the last 24 hours adament that this is our year! 

The curse of the Derby. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, badaids said:

New neighbour moved in last week. Gave him a knock to say hi yesterday and it turns out he’s a toffee too!

So we’re going to watch the match tonight and provide trauma counselling to each other afterwards.

Sounds cozy you buying him chocolates as well 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Two of his kids have season tickets at Analfield. They’ll enjoy watching him ref tonight. 

its nuts that in this day and age you can find out info like that.  wow.  probably back in the day it happened all the time and people thought the refs were impartial, now it's easy to see just how partial they are.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Two of his kids have season tickets at Analfield. They’ll enjoy watching him ref tonight. 

How is that not a conflict of interests?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...