Sign in to follow this  
Btay

Everton Soares

18 hours ago, Matt said:

The laziest of lazy journalism. 

“Everton football club need a striker. There’s a striker called Everton. Quick, there’s an article to be written!”

Actually this one is quite good, but is another winger. Perhaps if we move Theo, this guy would be perfect fit. Not sure Everton would be comming to Everton though. There are a lot of clubs interested right now.

51 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Actually this one is quite good, but is another winger. Perhaps if we move Theo, this guy would be perfect fit. Not sure Everton would be comming to Everton though. There are a lot of clubs interested right now.

If there is any truth to this rumour then I hope he didn't catch the game last night and isn't aware of where we are in the table. 

2 hours ago, Haiku said:

He was being touted for CL teams not long ago. I saw he’s a winger but pretty sure I’ve read elsewhere that he can play as a forward, like Richarlison. Both of them on either side of DCL or Kean could be formidable 

6 hours ago, patto said:

Got pace skill can score goals what more do you want move Walcott on I think he's a lot younger than Theo

He’s 23, so yes much younger. Good age and looks dangerous

3 hours ago, Finn balor said:

He is vastly over valued by his club 

Also yes. Allegedly asking something like 40m US. Of course if he’s another Richarlison then utd will be buying him off us for 80 in no time. 

Not a completely ludicrous price, but hard for me to imagine that we're looking to add more wide attacking players.  Another bloke did a blog post recently about Ancelotti's initial signings when at a new club, almost exclusively focuses on the "spine" and almost never buys wide attackers.  Will post the link if I can find it.

Edit: found the lnk

https://toffeeanalysis.com/2020/01/04/carlos-ancelotti-his-transfer-history-his-tactics-and-so-much-more/

40 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Not a completely ludicrous price, but hard for me to imagine that we're looking to add more wide attacking players.  Another bloke did a blog post recently about Ancelotti's initial signings when at a new club, almost exclusively focuses on the "spine" and almost never buys wide attackers.  Will post the link if I can find it.

Edit: found the lnk

https://toffeeanalysis.com/2020/01/04/carlos-ancelotti-his-transfer-history-his-tactics-and-so-much-more/

As any competent manager would. From day one I was worried about Silva spunking our budget on a winger from his former club, more so when he had just been managing Doucoure who'd have added some steel we were missing. 

16 minutes ago, pete0 said:

As any competent manager would. From day one I was worried about Silva spunking our budget on a winger from his former club, more so when he had just been managing Doucoure who'd have added some steel we were missing. 

We had steel in Gana and he added class in Gomes. Nothing wrong with that. If you still think we are better off without Gana then I’m really not sure what you are watching.

24 minutes ago, Btay said:

We had steel in Gana and he added class in Gomes. Nothing wrong with that. If you still think we are better off without Gana then I’m really not sure what you are watching.

Gana had energy not steel, really don't see how a headless chicken would have helped if anything we'd have been even lower. 

9 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Can he play on the right and left?  Cause all we have right now is Bernard.  Would be nice to have Everton on the right and Walcott be the rotation guy.

Richarleson can also play R & L and does.

Is he a genuine left footer. We have a load of players who play on the left but are right footed. It really does make a difference because a genuine left footer will be able to play first time balls sooner on that side.

Have we even had a "proper" left footed left winger since Kilbane?? 🤣🤣

Edit:

He's right footed. He takes all his penalties and free kicks with his right foot and, after watching a few clips, it's clear he instinctively goes to his right foot to shoot or cross. Do we really need another?

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

Richy was a left winger when we signed him. Has since played right, left, and centre.

Richarlison is naturally right footed. It is a popular tactic to have a right footed player on the left who can cut inside to score. Everton Soares strikes me as an almost carbon copy of Richarlison aside from the fact he is 5ft 7

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Richarlison is a striker and Carlo plays him as one.  Therefore we need more wingers.

No, Richarlison is a winger being played as a striker, its a proper striker we need not another winger.

58 minutes ago, barryj said:

One of a forward three. Not an out and out striker. 

29 minutes ago, Bill said:

No, Richarlison is a winger being played as a striker, its a proper striker we need not another winger.

regardless of what anyone calls it, in the 442 richarlison is played as a striker.  therefore we have only 2 wingers bernard and walcott.  walcott is crap.  we need another winger.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

regardless of what anyone calls it, in the 442 richarlison is played as a striker.  therefore we have only 2 wingers bernard and walcott.  walcott is crap.  we need another winger.

I think what we are saying is that if he plays this formation then if we had another viable striker he would be a winger! 

1 minute ago, barryj said:

I think what we are saying is that if he plays this formation then if we had another viable striker he would be a winger! 

what i'm saying is maybe carlo doesn't see richarlison as a wide player but a striker since he continually plays him there.

what i'm saying is maybe carlo doesn't see richarlison as a wide player but a striker since he continually plays him there.

Say what you like Mark but if we got a 25 goals a season striker, Richy would be playing his natural position on the Wing not in the middle.

7 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Richarlison is naturally right footed. It is a popular tactic to have a right footed player on the left who can cut inside to score. Everton Soares strikes me as an almost carbon copy of Richarlison aside from the fact he is 5ft 7

A cross between Richy and Bernard

5 hours ago, Bill said:

Richy would be playing his natural position on the Wing not in the middle.

I personally think Richarlison is much better as a striker when he’s got a partner. If we’re after another striker, I’d like it to be a partner for him. I’d prefer we get a winger to replace Walcott.

5 hours ago, c1982 said:

I personally think Richarlison is much better as a striker when he’s got a partner. If we’re after another striker, I’d like it to be a partner for him. I’d prefer we get a winger to replace Walcott.

this all day for me too

10 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i don't see the big need for  CB, mina is excellent and holgate is doing well, keane a fine backup.  CM yes, but we have no RW other than walcott, yet pepole want a CB we have 3.

Have played with 3 at the back at points this year.  Also what if Mina or Holgate gets injured...  Serious lack of depth in the position.  Not saying we need to buy the best in the world (that would be nice though) but unless Gibson starts making the bench (which has not all season), we could use a body.

29 minutes ago, Matt said:

Richarlison DCL

Bernard                           Soares

Gomes Gbamin

Starts to look a bit better doesn't it? When everyone is fit mind you

What’s even better is 

richarlison           DCL             Soares 

Rabiot      Gbamin    Gomes 

Fingers crossed 

26 minutes ago, Btay said:

What’s even better is 

richarlison           DCL             Soares 

Rabiot      Gbamin    Gomes 

Fingers crossed 

Harsh on Bernard that though!

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Harsh on Bernard that though!

I like bernard, I really do but he just doesn’t contribute enough telling moments. He is an Assist’s kind of player but just doesn’t effect enough game changing moments to make up for his lack of goals. Richarlison can score out of nowhere, I don’t have that feeling with Bernard. 

1 hour ago, Btay said:

I like bernard, I really do but he just doesn’t contribute enough telling moments. He is an Assist’s kind of player but just doesn’t effect enough game changing moments to make up for his lack of goals. Richarlison can score out of nowhere, I don’t have that feeling with Bernard. 

i think he needs an actual run out of games (do i sound like @Matt or what?).  he's played here and there but has gotten injured or different managers and benched.  he needs to be the starting LW and i think we will see him shine.

i think he needs an actual run out of games (do i sound like @Matt or what?).  he's played here and there but has gotten injured or different managers and benched.  he needs to be the starting LW and i think we will see him shine.

Unlucky mate. Look at it this way, the only way is up!

10 hours ago, badaids said:

Aren’t there rules on how many non EU players you can have in a team? Mind you I’m applying the rules from Championship Manager 01/02 here.

Up to 17 I think. 

On 14/01/2020 at 16:07, markjazzbassist said:

i don't see the big need for  CB, mina is excellent and holgate is doing well, keane a fine backup.  CM yes, but we have no RW other than walcott, yet pepole want a CB we have 3.

Iwobi can play right wing. If they fancy Gordon as a player then brining another player to come in ahead of him won't help.  

In my opinion the spine of the team is more important than a winger when we can have players come in and do a job. Finding an elite centre back or midfielder is a lot harder to find in January than a winger though. Overall I'd rather we sign the right player rather then someone just for a bit of cover.

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Apart from thinking it’d be amazing to have a player called Everton I feel absolutely nothing about this possible (probable?) signing. 

Ditto - if his name wasn’t Everton I’d be meh 

Good merchandising opportunity 

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Apart from thinking it’d be amazing to have a player called Everton I feel absolutely nothing about this possible (probable?) signing. 

He can play a bit, before this season I thought he would go to one of the big boys. Will add goals and end product. At worst - added depth to the wings behind bernard/Charlie.