IGNORED

Chelsea (Home) Saturday December 7th

markjazzbassist

If we weren't in free fall i would consider this a winnnable match.  i'm not impressed by their team, really not.  I think solid defending and having a go you can really get at that weak back line of theirs.  But not with our squad.  I'd be happy with just a draw, miracle really.  i think we'll get beat again.

Pickford

Holgate Keane Mina

Sidibe  Davies Delph Digne

Richarlison DCL Bernard

Absolutely no idea how Dunc will set up for this game, formation or player preference.  It will be interesting to see who he picks up top seeing as he works closely with the strikers and there not being much between each of them. 

My only hope is that Siggy is dropped. 

Pickford 

Coleman Keane Mina Digne 

Iwobi Davies Morgan Richy

DCL Kean

5 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Dont know how Michael Keane can get in anybody's team.

Is Coleman fit? We need to shore up defence.

Pickford

Coleman, Holgate, Mina, Digne

Walcott, Davies, Iwobi, Bernard

Richarlison, DCL

I feel the same about Holgate. Unfortunately one of them has to be picked. Taking intl account their full ability from over the seasons, Keane obviously has more talent, so went for him. Hopefully he will feel less pressure with Silva gone. 

6 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Dont know how Michael Keane can get in anybody's team.

Is Coleman fit? We need to shore up defence.

Pickford

Walcott, Davies, Iwobi, Bernard

Richarlison, DCL

I like this but id start richarlison for walcott and Kean uptop 

I'm ready to see Gordon, certainly can't do any worse than Gylfi.  Would roll with Moise as well, there's been glimmers lately and maybe Gordon can thread him in.

Thought Iwobi was poor, although realise it wasn't his side.  Prefer Bernard over him on the left, glad he's finally back.

Davies, Schneiderlin, Gordon

Richarlison, Kean, Bernard

4-2-1-3 / 4-1-2-3 styles.

Or go more aggressive with

Schneiderlin,

Walcott,Gordon,Bernard

Richarlison, Kean

We are woefully short at CB and even shorter in midfield. I can't see us not playing with 5 in midfield as opposed to at the back against this Chelsea side.

I would also be surprised if it wasn't DCL leading the line. 

I just feel as though they might lead us a merry dance through the middle with their quick, sharp movement and our slow leggy plodders. 

Very few options.  Delph out, Coleman out, all the long term injured out.  Hope Mina is fit.  Duncan seemed to think he'd be ok despite the concerns. Do wonder if it's close to time for Pickford to sit and get his head sorted out though.  5 from 5 is miserable reading.

---------------Pickford---------------

Sidibe-Holgate-Mina-Lucas

-----------------Morgan------------

------Tom-----------------Iwobi--

RIch--------------------------Bernard

-------------Kean---------------

Gilfy's best game this season was as a sub, until he really finds form that needs to be his role.  Come on late, find the pockets, use his technique to get some shots.  He's totally wasted when he starts matches right now because he's so far off the pace. 

Going to be positive.   Expect the win and a storming atmosphere.

If anything, Ferguson will have the players fired up and playing with pride. I've been a bit critical of Ferguson in his coaching capacity, wondering what he brings considering he's been here since Martinez. But he adores the club, he'll want the players to run through brick walls, he'll tell them Goodison will be on their side if they show they want it, get that first challenge in and the Goodison faithful will become the 12th man. I know others may say that to them, but I'm not sure anyone can deliver it to the players with as much genuine passion and enthusiasm as Ferguson can.

I'm here to be won over. I've no idea who we turn to next, so I'm really hoping to see something inspiring under Ferguson. He gets a chance, hopefully he takes it.

I just can’t see what’s going to be different. We need players to own their individual moments, win their key battles and show some bottle and pride. Duncan has nothing to lose, put out a 442 or a 433 and just really go for them. Richarlison and Kean will be a threat. 

Another note - any one looking for us to add pace to our team and has Iwobi or Bernard are kidding themselves surely - Milner made Iwobi look slow in the derby and Bernard checked inside instead of taking him on.

32 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I understand the thinking behind "what can Dunc bring". Just firing the players up isn't going to be enough. You might get a dead cat bounce but ultimately the players don't have that spirit needed to really make an Everton team click.

I think an Everton player does need to be a bit of a hot head at times. Mina does and that's why fans like him. Coleman, Pickford, Richardson all have a bit of spike in them. Where it is lacking most is in the key positions in centre midfield. Too many if those look like they will just give up and don't have a fighting spirit.

Time to recall Mo Besic. Would add some bite. Vlasic had grit too but our shit manager opted for Sigurdssen to chase shadows instead. 

39 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Bernard does have the pace and skill to go past a player, was it that he was a little conscious of his fitness with having a bad injury that has made him check back rather than open up for a sprint?

Absolutely his speed of thought means more often than not he’s ahead of the opposing player. He’s a starter every time for me.

2 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Time to recall Mo Besic. Would add some bite. Vlasic had grit too but our shit manager opted for Sigurdssen to chase shadows instead. 

Is that even an option? Your attributing things to Silva that in all likelihood he had no control of.