IGNORED

Chelsea (Home) Saturday December 7th

markjazzbassist

Really good first 20 minutes from the lads, bouncing out of the traps. Working hard and playing as a team. DCL bossing Zouma.

It's clear we lack pace throughout the defensive half of the team but you can see them communicating and digging in with each other instead of letting someone else deal with the problem. 

Lets hope it can continue for the 90 minutes because it will be a tough ask.

well we looked good to start and then faded fast and were firmly pinned in our own half for the majority of that half.  we defended well but i don't think this strategy can last.  we need to offer at least something in attack, so far it's long ball or rare counter attack.

i'd pull morgan for davies, he's more athletic and able to help us transition to attack faster.  iwobi should get pulled too, bernard will give us an outlet and help digne more.

It was all a little bit school ground stuff out there but its working enough at the moment and we are still causing them a problem when we do get forward, unfortunately though since the goal the chances have fallen to the two attacking players we probably dont want them to fall to.

We are just about doing enough at the last minute to cover over the cracks. I think they have at least 1 goal in them so we need to score again. I wouldn't say DCL has been full of quality but I think he is doing a good job of what we need him to do in this game. I think the midfield two have done superbly. They are outnumbered in every attack but they are sticking together, they are covering as much ground as they can and getting stuck in when they can too but they have their physical limitations and they will continue to get exposed against a much quicker and nimbler midfield 3 of Chelsea and solving that problem will be difficult for Ferguson as he has clearly come in to keep things simple.

The weakest link has probably been Iwobi and I wouldnt be surprised if he is replaced by Bernard fairly soon. I wouldnt be keen to waste any subs as fresh legs are going to be so important to us as this game goes on with the effort the lads are putting in.