IGNORED

Manchester United (Away) Sunday December 15th

markjazzbassist

I don't rate them.  They are living on the class of 93 still, they are not a good side.  The advantage for us is we are Away, if we still have big Dunc his old school 442 punt and run will be perfect.  Just defend and frustrate them and get their fans on Ole's back and get them on the counter.  Same lineup except for the injuries (digne, walcott) and i'd bench Iwobi.

Pickford

Sidibe Holgate Mina Baines

Davies Morgan Gylfi Bernard

Richarlison DCL

I wouldn't have Davies anywhere near the team after today's cameo (and his last few games either). Stick Iwobi or Gordon in there, the former in my opinion, and then I would agree with you.

Hopefully Digne's injury isn't too bad as I wouldn't fancy Baines playing to that intensity for 90 minutes.

21 hours ago, Finn balor said:

They aren’t a great team but have good individual players. No reason why we can’t go there and get a win 

I love your optimism but Utd have just hit a bit of form and with only just one away win since 1992 it’s not a place we get much change out of. Another solid performance and I’d be happy with a point. 

They will want us to come onto them so that they can pick us off on the counter attack. If we play like we did at the weekend then it could play to our strengths and we could end up hitting them on the counter instead. I don't see them breaking us down if we do that, other than a piece of magic from Rashford or Martial.

On 08/12/2019 at 09:40, Finn balor said:

Let’s see who is fit. I would be surprised to see changes from a winning team. Maybe Bernie might come in if he is fitter 

I would think only Delph for Morgan if fit and same with Mina for Keane.  Otherwise he won't change anything.  Might be wrong but I think Bernard will struggle in a 4-4-2.  Duncan will want us to be at them and physical.  Can't see Bernard throwing his weight around and leaving tackles in. 

1 hour ago, chicagoblue said:

I would think only Delph for Morgan if fit and same with Mina for Keane.  Otherwise he won't change anything.  Might be wrong but I think Bernard will struggle in a 4-4-2.  Duncan will want us to be at them and physical.  Can't see Bernard throwing his weight around and leaving tackles in. 

Why on earth would a player that’s been out for weeks and gets injured when there’s a strong breeze come back in?

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Light breeze forecast for Manchester on Sunday?

We’d need to be careful about someone breathing on him he’s that fragile. To be honest, it wouldn’t surprise me if he got injured on the trip to Alder Hey the other day and he’s been kept their as a precaution until he can be moved. 

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

We’d need to be careful about someone breathing on him he’s that fragile. To be honest, it wouldn’t surprise me if he got injured on the trip to Alder Hey the other day and he’s been kept their as a precaution until he can be moved. 

😂

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Why on earth would a player that’s been out for weeks and gets injured when there’s a strong breeze come back in?

Because we desperately lack mobility in midfield. 

If I'm Ole, my starting position in preparing for this game is going to be "how do I exploit the middle of the park where Everton have two of the slowest midfielders in the league". 

Having heard the team news today I don't think there's a chance of Delph, still sounds a major doubt, but I can't believe that Duncan will leave Morgan in one second longer than absolutely necessary.  I don't htink he'll put Tom there,  he appears to want Tom further forward, so no one else to come in. 

6 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Because we desperately lack mobility in midfield. 

If I'm Ole, my starting position in preparing for this game is going to be "how do I exploit the middle of the park where Everton have two of the slowest midfielders in the league". 

Having heard the team news today I don't think there's a chance of Delph, still sounds a major doubt, but I can't believe that Duncan will leave Morgan in one second longer than absolutely necessary.  I don't htink he'll put Tom there,  he appears to want Tom further forward, so no one else to come in. 

I don’t think mobility when I think of Delph. And I’d bet Ferguson is just fine with Schneiderlin tbh, seeing as he was one of our best players up against a young and mobile Chelsea side. 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Morgan and Walcott out for 2-3 weeks, Digne a maybe and Mina, Delph, Coleman all a doubt too. 

Dunc doesn't strike me as someone to 'overthink' it. The system worked against Chelsea so he needs to find two like for like replacements for Schneiderlin and Walcott. Davies and Bernard it is. All the doubts make the bench.

Pickford

Sidibe Holgate Keane Digne

Bernard Davies Gylfi Iwobi

DCL Richarlison

Bench: Stek Baines Mina Coleman Delph Kean Tosun 

1 minute ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Dunc doesn't strike me as someone to 'overthink' it. The system worked against Chelsea so he needs to find two like for like replacements for Schneiderlin and Walcott. Davies and Bernard it is. All the doubts make the bench.

Pickford

Sidibe Holgate Keane Digne

Bernard Davies Gylfi Iwobi

DCL Richarlison

Bench: Stek Baines Mina Coleman Delph Kean Tosun 

Agreed, although I’d switch Iwobi with Bernard

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Morgan and Walcott out for 2-3 weeks, Digne a maybe and Mina, Delph, Coleman all a doubt too. 

looks like it will be this then

Pickford

Sidibe Holgate Keane Baines

Bernard Davies Gylfi Iwobi

DCL Richarlison

likely we will see Kean and Gordon since we have no other attackers fit besides Niasse.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Niasse was on the bench last game wasn’t he?

Last game he had three forwards on the bench and did not bring any of them on.  (also Richarlison looked bummed to be subbed, him and DCL want minutes)

Hoping to see more midfielders on the bench this week instead.  Even if it's just one more.  Obviously due to injury there are not many senior options available so would really like to see some youth on the bench with the likes of Gordon or Evans or Onyango (young but let him go nuts?) or Beni (who might still be injured).  They can all play roles that Tosun or Niasse can't. Kean could possibly though so hoping he is not the forward dropped.

3 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Last game he had three forwards on the bench and did not bring any of them on.  (also Richarlison looked bummed to be subbed, him and DCL want minutes)

Hoping to see more midfielders on the bench this week instead.  Even if it's just one more.  Obviously due to injury there are not many senior options available so would really like to see some youth on the bench with the likes of Gordon or Evans or Onyango (young but let him go nuts?) or Beni (who might still be injured).  They can all play roles that Tosun or Niasse can't. Kean could possibly though so hoping he is not the forward dropped.

Think it might be good for Richarlison, but how you determined he was annoyed with being subbed is beyond me; he constantly looks annoyed!