IGNORED

Ibrahimovic

11 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

What makes you say that? I don't think you've watched them in MLS. Rooney played for an arguably better team and Zlatan contributed way more than him for LA. I'm not discrediting Rooney's impact on DC, but he was not at the same level as Zlatan.

Rooney last season played 28 games and scored 27 goals mainly from midfield, Ibrahimivic played 27 and scored 22 from up front. 

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

he hasn't played at all for them, yeah he's a player/manager which is swiftly followed by the retirement.  might as well be retired.

Well he hasn’t retired has he, and he played yet because he isn’t eligible yet, do your homework Mark. 

16 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Rooney last season played 28 games and scored 27 goals mainly from midfield, Ibrahimivic played 27 and scored 22 from up front. 

Where are you getting this stat from? Every stat I see is 23 goals in 48 games for Rooney whereas Zlatan has 52 goals in 56 matches.

Zlatan had 30 goals(8 assists) in 29 games last season; Rooney 11(7 assists) in 28.

5 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

Where are you getting this stat from? Every stat I see is 23 goals in 48 games for Rooney whereas Zlatan has 52 goals in 56 matches.

Zlatan had 30 goals in 29 games last season; Rooney 11 in 28.

Rooney played a total of 48 games in two seasons and scored 45

14 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

Palfy, that is just incorrect.

Rooney league stats D.C. United.com

Ibrahimivic fctables.com last season in the league 27 games 22 goals. 
But what ever there both not good enough anymore for the PL or Everton, he’s 38 years old for fuck sake without a club, and Moshiri is thinking I’ll give him a contract so he can keep us up, I’m sure Brands must be thinking what sort of idiot have I got myself involved with if Ibrah rocks up here. 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Rooney league stats D.C. United.com

Ibrahimivic fctables.com last season in the league 27 games 22 goals. 
But what ever there both not good enough anymore for the PL or Everton, he’s 38 years old for fuck sake without a club, and Moshiri is thinking I’ll give him a contract so he can keep us up, I’m sure Brands must be thinking what sort of idiot have I got myself involved with if Ibrah rocks up here. 

Both of those websites are wrong then.

11 hours ago, Makis said:

Yeah, let's buy every fancy name with no regard for team building. That has always worked well.

Ibrahimovic requires that the team is built around him. And he has played in the MLS for years now so you can't possibly have an idea of his current level. He hasn't even played in the national team so the only thing you are comparing him against are MLS defenders many of whom wouldn't get into a Championship team.

Whilst that is true take a look at Defo. He went to the MLS for a season and scored 11 in 19 league games, then returned to the Premier league and got 15 league goals in back to back seasons. However Ibra is what, 38 now? If I remember correctly I remember reading that he invests a lot of his own money into his personal sport science, and he doesn't rely on his pace what so ever, so maybe age is just a number with him. 

Would he be worth a punt for 18 months? Possibly. He would be a better option up front than DCL in my opinion. However, I'd prefer us to buy a 'real' striker this summer if things don't take off with Kean. 

More to the point, it would be senseless to buy a player without a permanent manager in place. 

1 minute ago, Aidan said:

Whilst that is true take a look at Defo. He went to the MLS for a season and scored 11 in 19 league games, then returned to the Premier league and got 15 league goals in back to back seasons. However Ibra is what, 38 now? If I remember correctly I remember reading that he invests a lot of his own money into his personal sport science, and he doesn't rely on his pace what so ever, so maybe age is just a number with him. 

Would he be worth a punt for 18 months? Possibly. He would be a better option up front than DCL in my opinion. However, I'd prefer us to buy a 'real' striker this summer if things don't take off with Kean. 

More to the point, it would be senseless to buy a player without a permanent manager in place. 

100%

On 11/12/2019 at 04:54, Peter H said:

Now in Italian news! - https://www.areanapoli.it/calciomercato/esclusiva---ibrahimovic-tra-napoli-e-milan-ci-prova-l-everton-offerta-a-raiola-le-cifre-ancelotti_351680.html

He is still faster than most think and fast or not. Its still 15+ goals per season. And it would be very valuable for Kean. I say yes even if I don't want him in the Swedish national team anymore. 

Kean is in the news because he's being chased by a couple of clubs and not playing for us right now. Kean is the future; Ibrahimovic is the past. While the former may benefit from the former's experience, I see no other reason to bring in someone like this. Another Eto'o scenario?

2 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Kean is in the news because he's being chased by a couple of clubs and not playing for us right now. Kean is the future; Ibrahimovic is the past. While the former may benefit from the former's experience, I see no other reason to bring in someone like this. Another Eto'o scenario?

Thank you. 

16 hours ago, Palfy said:

Fuck off Mark you had no idea you didn’t even know he was at Derby 

i did, i called him retired because that's essentially what a player/manager role is, the last step into retirement.  i know you're pissed off due to the Election but there's no reason to take it out on me.  I'm an american, i have nothing to do with your government.

42 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i did, i called him retired because that's essentially what a player/manager role is, the last step into retirement.  i know you're pissed off due to the Election but there's no reason to take it out on me.  I'm an american, i have nothing to do with your government.

Sorry mate miss understanding I see where you’re coming from 👍

And I wish I was over the pond with you guys chilling 😀

9 hours ago, Peter H said:

Ibra is a winner and he would improve us. Youd be stupid to turn that down.  
he would bring 15 goals. Who else in the squad has that potential? (and dont say Kean, how many has he scored so far?)

ibra would demand better from every player in the team and they would quickly be told when they are playing badly or when they are not giving it their everything. 
Ibra is a game changer, even at 38.

as for not signing anyone without a manager in place? This might be a package deal with Ancelotti. (Who wanted Ibra at Napoli) 

Plus there’s the influence of having that kind of player around the squad. The key difference, again, for me at least, between Etoo and Ibrahimovic is that the latter’s confidence and arrogance is justifiable, and just part of his character whereas Etoo came for a paycheque 

I'm not sold on this. I can see the benefits but Im just not sure it will work with us. Ibra isn't going to run a lot, I doubt he will challenge many balls that aren't pretty close to him and I can't imagine him closing down that well.

If we want our strikers to play like they did last weekend then he wont fit in at all. 

10 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Can’t believe people think this is a thing 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

If you are a player who’s career is over and you want a little bit more in your pension plan, don’t go with the Prudential get yourself down to Goodson Park. 
The club that invests in your future. 

Yeah I'm with you lads, I don't like the club even going for 30 year olds but this bloke is nearly forty ffs. It beggars belief that some could think this would be a decent move by anybody at the club. People need to take a step back and look at this with a clear mind. 😨😨

He is Zlatan. He is unique. Comparing him to say Eto'o would be silly.

And I can guarantee you - and I'm sure Peter H (swede) knows that too - that Zlatan would never play if he doesn't feel he can.

But all these things are only rumours so far, but damn would I like to see Zlatan here.

Guys, we need to look past footballers playing football. With Zlatan it would be more than that. It’s the influence he could have on our younger players and the club in general. 
It’s hard to see how so many people can only see an age of a player and nothing else. We have to be more than that, unless we want to be mediocre forever.

1 hour ago, Peter H said:

Sev is correct, its very important for Zlatan to not fade away. He wants to end on a high and you cant get anything higher than the PL. He is ready for it and if there is any truth to this you would be mad to say no

People with a god complex seldom want to fade away and will always go full on until the burn out or are stopped by things out of their control. He doesn’t look like he’s going to burn out nor is anyone but himself are going to stop him. 

still think this whole rumour started with my random musing weeks ago though ;)