IGNORED

James Rodríguez

4 hours ago, badaids said:

At this stage a loan is the best option for us. A fantastic player if he feels like it and not injured and fuck me the eye watering wages.

Lets loan him, make him feel wanted and give him game time (if of course he can displace Davies) and if it all works out sign him on a free. He might lift the other players too to have a name like that at Goodison.

Too much risk to spunk 40 mil plus wages on him at the moment.

His wages won’t be that much more than Gylfi. 

32 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Im actually bewildered that some fans are scoffing at the idea of Rodríguez coming to Everton. I don't think they've ever seen him actually play. 

20 minutes ago, StevO said:

This!! How can anyone not be excited at the possibility of him playing for Everton?! 

Tbf most that are wary it’s mostly to do with his injury record rather than questioning his ability. 

44 minutes ago, StevO said:

His wages won’t be that much more than Gylfi. 

His wages and overall fee would be covered by niasse and schneiderlins wages alone. 

Add on the exposure he gives us....  the appeal for other players. Plus if he realises 70% of his potential - he will improve us as a team immeasurably.  The quality of training improves.... it's all positive. 

Yeah it may fail but a risk worth taking.  If he doesn't work out - teams in the US of China/UAE will want him. 

1 minute ago, Isaiah said:

We've been spoiled recently by the dazzling football genius of Theo Walcott, Yannick Bolassie, Gylfi Sigurdsson and Alex Iwobi. James Rodriguez would be just one more superstar in a team full of legends.  

Well from that list only one player comes close to being a superstar. 

I haven't watched him play for a long time now but he was a really exciting player to watch when he burst onto the scene. He looked like he had the world at his feet.

Given that I haven't seen him, I thought I would compare some stats on him to the players he would likely replace. Unfortunately they are too large to post but lets just say over the 2017 to 2019 seasons he completely blows Bernard, Siggy and Walcott out of the water. Iwobi gets close in a couple of areas but they are based on his time at Arsenal.

If he stays fit, then he would be a huge improvement but the warning should be with Iwobi who statistically and to the eye looked a far superior player at Arsenal than the one we have seen!

He is a risk of that there’s no doubt and I think we all accept that due his age and injury record. However without those there is no way a player of his calibre would ever entertain coming to us even with Carlo at the helm. I think therefore for the right price we have to push on and have a gamble and hope that as is natural other other players raise their games to impress him. If we addd Allan in as well both know what Carlo wants and expects and therefore could transform the dressing room. 

Still I don’t believe it until I see him in an Everton shirt on the OS as we have been down this road before. 

Think its a risk we have to take. Truly a class act of a player. We are realisticaly not going to get a player of his class risk free as 1. He would h demand a huge transfer fee and wages and 2. Most of the top clubs in the world would want him, so we wouldnt get a look in!!!. 

Not sure why Real would loan him and pay part of his wages and then see him go on a free next summer. Why not just let him go now for free!! It would be cheaper for them. Its not like its in Real's benefit to see him have a great season while on loan. Him having a great season will us on loan would not benefit us much in the long run, as the would be a que of clubs after him on a free.

A three year contract sounds reasonable, calculated risk

4 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I haven’t looked into this much, as I tho k it’s all a dream. 
But honestly.... I don’t give a shit how much we have to pay...... if we can get him in... then make it happen however!!!!!!

I'm at the point of saying.......b0ll0cks to any risk - get him in!!!! Was ace at that world cup.

I'd take anyone right now who will not be going into the U23s!!

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Latest report (i know to take any report with a pich of salt!!) is that he is willing to take a pay cut to get a help facilitate a move to Eveeton. Now if that is true it is a massive difference to some of maybe our more questionable recent signings. He is not coming here to get that one massive final contract, he is coming here based on a different motivation. If it is true that he would be willing to take even just a small paycut, it is still a significant and meaningful gesture and to me a early good sign. Straight away gets fans on his side more than for a player who you know has come becase we have offered him an inflated pay cheque.  Certain transfers can just end up being just a positive catalyst. 

I think some people blindly misinterpret him. I saw on twitter a snippet of carlos book and he says what a hard working, unselfish professional he is. 

I started watching some better videos on him and hes absolutely class. Kind of player that just sees things happening before any one else. Typically of left footers but his left foot is amazing. Unbelievable close control and he creates space for himself and beats players with his technique/skill not his physical attributes so his age shouldn't be an issue.

I really think if we land these 3 then it could be a pivotal point going forward for us.

if the figure of £4M a year wages is true, then he is taking a considerable wage cut to come., almost a 1/3 of what he is on now (apparently) ! 😮. sounds  like he really wants to come be here. puts us in a strong position in negotiations with Real for the transfer fee, we have them over a barrel a bit. they don't want him and one year left on his contract

if he stays injury free - this could be huge transfer. A truly world class player, coming with his own personnel point to prove!! 3 year contract at 29 on the wages quoted would be a brilliant bit of business.