IGNORED

Burnley (Home) Thursday December 26th

markjazzbassist

Pickford 

Sidibe  Keane  Mina  Baines 

Davies  Holgate  Gylfi  Bernard 

Richarlison  DCL 

But this is Ancelotti’s first game so he might completely surprise us all, and do something completely different, like put 1 or 2 of the youngsters in or even start Kean, he’s going to be looking at it with fresh eyes and no axe to grind, so it would be good to see a different direction  

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

Kean isn't going to come good over night, DCL and Richy has worked fine up top since the mini revival and should be kept that way. 

No doubt we are short on the wings, but pace out wide isn't a necessity against Burnley. 

Kean definitely won’t come good if he doesn’t play though.

Oddly enough I'm feeling less optimistic than I would if Ferguson was in charge, but still think we will win. Let's do it blues!

Pickford

Sidibé    Mina    Holgate   Baines 

Richarlison    Delph  Sigurdsson    Bernard 

Tosun    Niasse 

10 hours ago, Heath said:

Oddly enough I'm feeling less optimistic than I would if Ferguson was in charge, but still think we will win. Let's do it blues!

Pickford

Sidibé    Mina    Holgate   Baines 

Richarlison    Delph  Sigurdsson    Bernard 

Tosun    Niasse 

Won’t win anything with those 2 uptop

18 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He has mentioned he won't change too much for this game so it will be interesting to see what team he picks.

I can't wait for it but at the same I am gutted because I won't be able to watch it. To make things worse I'm at the in-laws too! 

I’m hoping one of the US channels has it on, no chance to stream on this connection!

Just now, Newty82 said:

Yeah. I'm guessing Carlo sees that in him. He has created a number of chances, so...

Defending from the front. Also means Coleman can get forward more knowing that he actually has someone who will cover his position in case of / when he’s caught out of position. Considering injuries, it’s not the worst decision he could make. 

Coleman and Digne the will be expected to overlap as Carlo has already suggested that he will be playing offensive football. You can see Lucas being able to get back but against a pacey winger Seamus could struggle. Having Sidibe able to cover should cope with that plus the positives from this season have ironically come from him going forwards as opposed to back. 

Glad that the 4-4-2 is out, back to Ancelotti's roots and where we have looked strongest. If we can perform well against United and Chelsea with it, why not Burnley? Trying not to be over optimistic, but absolutely buzzing about today.