IGNORED

Newcastle (Away) Saturday December 28th

markjazzbassist

Let’s see what Carlo has up his sleeve. Newcastle are doing well lately but deffo a winnable game. Morgan and Theo may be back. 

Sid.          Mina.     Holgate.     Digne 

Theo         Davies.    Morgan    Charly

DCl.   Kean 

I have only seen them a couple of times but they had the two Longstaff lads in midfield keeping things simple and the pace and unpredictability of Saint-Maximillian (sp), Atsu/Almiron with the power and strength of Joelinton/Carroll. If they score first they will be a real pain the arse whereas if we score first I would hope they could easily be managed.

I don't fancy them defensively down the flanks, or at the back really, but as we have seen it can be difficult to break down two banks of 4, no matter how average they are, without a bit of guile.

Looks like Delph is the new booh boy. People moaning every time he passes the ball backwards yet if he goes forward and loses the ball they lose their shit too. He had one really bad pass forward with too much weight on it but in general he turns on the ball faster, looks forward more and picks his passes quicker than Sigurdssen.

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

Looks like Delph is the new booh boy. People moaning every time he passes the ball backwards yet if he goes forward and loses the ball they lose their shit too. He had one really bad pass forward with too much weight on it but in general he turns on the ball faster, looks forward more and picks his passes quicker than Sigurdssen.

We need a quality midfielder in January no doubt 

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

I didn’t think Delph did too much wrong today tbh. The muppet next to him though is another story. 

This is a winnable game for both us and Newcastle. Hopefully Sigurdsson can build on the decent performance he put in against Burnley and we pick up another three points.

Pickford

Coleman Holgate Mina Digne

Sidibé Sigurdsson Delph Bernard

DCL Richarlison

Based off Carlo's comments I'd expect to see Davies Kean Walcott and Baines start with fresh legs. The other 6 positions (Pickford still GK) are anyone's guess but I sure hope we don't see Keane. Most curious with RB as they both played 90' yesterday. 

Pickford

Coleman Mina Holgate Baines

Walcott Davies Siggy Bernard

Kean Tosun

Maybe?

Pickford 

Sid Holgate Mina Baines

Walcott Davies Delph Bernard 

Richy DCL

Originally thought keeping the same squad would be a good idea, but think we do need a bit of rotation with the congested fixture list.

Baines to give Digne a rest. Walcott in for Sid to drop back. Davies in for Sig, who can do a much better job at the minute. 

31 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Pickford 

Sid Holgate Mina Baines

Richy DCL

Originally thought keeping the same squad would be a good idea, but think we do need a bit of rotation with the congested fixture list.

Baines to give Digne a rest. Walcott in for Sid to drop back. Davies in for Sig, who can do a much better job at the minute. 

I like that. 

11 hours ago, Aidan said:

Pickford 

Sid Holgate Mina Baines

Richy DCL

Our crime family don has already said he'll be rotating over the next few games, so you're right to tweak the side I reckon.

From what I saw of the Utd game they started the better team and should have been two up. Their keeper should have saved the first, their defender gave them a great chance for their second and then the game gets away from them. Hopefully that loss has dented their confidence. We should definitely be creating chances against them though so if we can put them away I fancy us to score more than a couple, albeit I dont fancy us to put them away!