Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Liverpool (FA Cup Away) Sunday January 5th

Recommended Posts

It's definitely a mental block we have against Liverpool. We've sent better sides to Anfield and faced worse teams and still gotten beaten.

We have to have a convincing victory today. One that puts any question about starting 11 beyond doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Klopp in his programme notes...

"Carlo being back in the English game is so cool for the competitors and even cooler for Everton. I'm not sure if I'm doing either of us any favours by saying this but in football terms I really do consider him a friend. Such an amazing person and just so generous in spirit and personality.

"He's won all there is to win, as a player and a coach, and yet remains chilled and humble. He is the benchmark for those of use working in the game today on how to conduct yourself."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Klopp in his programme notes...

"Carlo being back in the English game is so cool for the competitors and even cooler for Everton. I'm not sure if I'm doing either of us any favours by saying this but in football terms I really do consider him a friend. Such an amazing person and just so generous in spirit and personality.

"He's won all there is to win, as a player and a coach, and yet remains chilled and humble. He is the benchmark for those of use working in the game today on how to conduct yourself."

Rivalry is important, it creates the competitive drive to do better. Seeing Liverpool do so well is painful for us to watch, it should be painful for our players and should be a motivating factor for their own improvement.

Whether our players see it that way is another matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I want to see crying kids in the stands today. Little kopites with their Christmas present tickets for the first time getting utterly smashed 7-0.

No excuses about their squad. Utter annihilation 

😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Palfy said:

I think he’s taking the piss out of us frankly if they win with that line up and bench, well the piss taking will be unbearable, I hope Ferguson let’s them know it, if we lose it’s the firing squad tomorrow morning. 

If we lose this game we may as well just fold the business and call it a night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I want to see crying kids in the stands today. Little kopites with their Christmas present tickets for the first time getting utterly smashed 7-0.

No excuses about their squad. Utter annihilation 

You don't take any prisoners do you TP? you are a hard man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

This is piss poor and points to players having weak mentality. 

We have dropped our levels to accommodate their lesser team. 

We are allowing them to grow in confidence (I type this before the commentator!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Finn balor said:

He’s wank. He has no pace at all. He’s been crap for the last 9 months 

His piss poor performance is letting liverpool styart to dominate midfield.

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

This is piss poor and points to players having weak mentality. 

We have dropped our levels to accommodate their lesser team. 

Siggy and Morgan loosing the midfield battle in this game is unacceptable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus Christ... another clear cut chance straight at the keeper.

When we actually get ourselves up the pitch we create chances so easily. We just have a midfield (or at least one in Siggy) that is so fundamentally incapable of matching it against the speed and intensity of the opposition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Dom should score there. Came at him fast though

Similar to the game earlier in the season where he hit straight at the keeper/defender - cant remember opposition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FairWooney said:

Walcott having a cracking game so far, only player really creating things, really lively,  making great runs and using his pace.

Rest need to up their game

Yep.... one of the few

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...