IGNORED

January Transfer Window

We need a CM on loan this January desperately. 

We can scrape by without a fourth CB. Especially if Gbamin is back in a month or two (not sure where his recovery is exactly though) 

The league is so open this year, with reinforcements this window we could push Europa football no problem at all. If we fail to sign anyone then we risk finishing in the lowest position in the league since the 15/16 season. 

Once Gomes is fit we can start to work on a system going forward. 

I don’t think we should do anything big in this transfer window particularly in the midfield , we are relatively safe so let’s get our injured players back and see what we need in the summer in that area. 
If a world class striker becomes available or top class CB then go for them, but otherwise I would stick till the summer. 

On 19/01/2020 at 06:51, Palfy said:

I don’t think we should do anything big in this transfer window particularly in the midfield , we are relatively safe so let’s get our injured players back and see what we need in the summer in that area. 
If a world class striker becomes available or top class CB then go for them, but otherwise I would stick till the summer. 

Going to echo this sentiment. I understand that Europa League football is potentially within touching distance, but I'd rather we hold on to what we have, let our squad get another 4 months in under Ancelotti and then start fresh this summer. 

If we were having a particularly strong season, or conversely struggling at the bottom end of the table, I would maybe be more enthused to see us spend this month. Ultimately though, I think this season will see us finish mid-table and thus I'd rather we wait to spend (and off-load the money-wasters in this squad) till the summer. 

25 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Financially we are better off in Europe. The issue is whether it affects your League form, which it does. We already are being battered with injuries, imagine having European football to contend with.

Honestly we should treat the Europa League like the big clubs treat the domestic cups. Stick the kids out and if they get through to the latter stages then great. Screw the rules, just claim everyone is injured.

I mean sure, but there is a template in which a "mid-table" club treats the Europa League as a proper competition AND competes in the league. Wolves, for the most part, sent out their strongest starting XI's for their Europa fixtures and are also 6th in the league. Obviously a lot of this comes down to good fortune, as they have not been ravaged by injuries, but there is a world where one of the "non-big 6" clubs can field a strong starting XI in the Europa League and still be competitive in the EPL. 

We are not a club that can turn our noses up at the Europa League and play a weakened squad. Until we start showing consistency and improvement in the league, year in and year out, we have to treat the Europa League as a big deal. 

And here I am waxing poetically about us even being good enough to qualify for it. That's a future-us problem. As for the here and now, I say concentrate on solidifying a style of play under Carlo this season and really go after it in the summer into next season. 

I dont think Gomes is a protector of the back 4 , good going forward and has the killer ball, regards Gbamin not proven.

For me buy Ake and Mings to start with and look for a holding midfield,also either Stevens or chillwell, at LB and move Digne forward on the left side, regards Marcel saying he needs a right winger you dont expect him to tell everyone what he really wants do you, if he did he would not be very good at his job.

59 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

too quiet, hopefully we have 1 incoming, a centre mid.  if we don't get that i'll be disappointed.  anything more than that and i'm overjoyed

Yeah, it looks as if we'll bring in Vecino and that will be it. Not the flashiest signing, but will hopefully get us through this season (and finally bench Morgan for good) so we can regroup and start anew in the summer. 

I’m actually more bothered about getting players out than getting players in during this window. Martina and Niasse obviously but I’d happily see the back of the likes of Schneiderlin and Walcott, even Keane and Sigurdsson without us replacing them (unless the right priority players are available at a sensible price) and I’d see that as a good window.

That article must be blatant lies?

Hasn't Niasse turned down offers and is a total Cunt to Everton? I mean that article says we have had no concrete offers at all. And it’s not the first to say it either. 

But Niasse is a total twat to us for turning these offers down 🙄

13 hours ago, c1982 said:

I’m actually more bothered about getting players out than getting players in during this window. Martina and Niasse obviously but I’d happily see the back of the likes of Schneiderlin and Walcott, even Keane and Sigurdsson without us replacing them (unless the right priority players are available at a sensible price) and I’d see that as a good window.

If we lost Schneiderlin, Walcott, Keane and Sigurdsson without replacements we would be extremely short. We are short now in centre midfield, right wing and centre back even with those four. 

18 hours ago, pete0 said:

To put £80 million into today's market would anyone swap Richarlison plus £10m for Sigurdssen, Keane and Bolasie? 

See what you're going for here but all it does is reiterate the abomination that is Steve Walsh's transfer business. 80m always buys you: Kovacic, Raul Jimenez and Martinelli with 4m to spare. Or Lozano, Brandt, Demiral. 

48 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Chances of signing anyone are looking bleak! 

There’s 1 day left in the window yeah? Typical Everton to leave it late. Bemused that we’ve kept Morgan on the books and let a younger player like Besic go out. 

Still hopeful of a deal or two in and out.

Amazing to think we probably haven’t seen the worst of the damage Walsh, Koeman and Alladyce have done yet.