IGNORED

January Transfer Window

8 hours ago, Btay said:

There’s 1 day left in the window yeah? Typical Everton to leave it late. Bemused that we’ve kept Morgan on the books and let a younger player like Besic go out. 

Still hopeful of a deal or two in and out.

Amazing to think we probably haven’t seen the worst of the damage Walsh, Koeman and Alladyce have done yet.

to be fair Besic is 27 now! Crazy I thought he was like 23.

i would say Carlo knows we have Niasse, Stek, Sidibe, and Martina out of contract come summer.  and that brands will be better suited to sell players in the summer to begin the squad overhaul.  Also he hasn't seen Gomes Iwobi or Gbamin play yet to see how they respond to him and his tactics and managing.  i think we will end up top half of the table still.  I just hope Brands has a ton of stuff lined up this summer, we need players OUT.

8 minutes ago, c1982 said:

This is nonsense. Lack of ambition? No, sensible with a long term plan under a world class manager.

The right players clearly aren’t available. What should we do? I know let’s sign more substandard players so we can be stuck with them on high wages. We’ve already got Tosun, Sandro, Bolasie, Besic taking up valuable wages and doing nothing - thankfully Niasse and Martina’s time is almost up - but we’ve got the likes Schneiderlin, Walcott, Sigurdsson and Keane who are on huge wages but aren’t likely to take us forward - I’m glad we’re not adding to the squad for the sake of it as we’ve made that mistake before!

Long term plan? We've had one of those for the long term now haven't we? 

The right players aren't available? What players couldn't improve our Midfield right now? Recruitment this Jan either on loan or a signing is pivotal to gaining European football and failing to do so will massively hinder us. 

The board have had months to plan for this and it is again a massive failure and the sole reason seems to be 'brands doesn't like the winter transfer window'. A load of shit even ancelotti said we were looking for signings.

11 minutes ago, Aidan said:

The right players aren't available? What players couldn't improve our Midfield right now?

Obviously not. Settling for someone who would just improve us has got us into the mess we’re in. Tosun and Walcott improved us at the time we signed them - we’ve been stuck with them since in big wages and offering very little. We need to strengthen 100% but ultimately we need to act smarter in the transfer market and a massive part of that will be reducing the wage bill before adding quality.

4 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Obviously not. Settling for someone who would just improve us has got us into the mess we’re in. Tosun and Walcott improved us at the time we signed them - we’ve been stuck with them since in big wages and offering very little. We need to strengthen 100% but ultimately we need to act smarter in the transfer market and a massive part of that will be reducing the wage bill before adding quality.

Literally anybody would improve us right now. Even if it isn't a loan signing at least a rotation player we can have for a few years. 

Christ our Midfield is championship level. Davies, Morgan and delph... and Siggy doesn't even fit into our system. 

Why do you keep assuming I want us to spend 100m and 250k a week on a player? 

10 minutes ago, c1982 said:

No assumptions here.

Thankfully those in charge haven’t gone into panic mode and signed someone for the sake of signing.

Like I said it's ambition. Look at the state of our Midfield if this was the summer fans would be going mad. 

10 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I’d love to hear your suggestions for this role.

I'm a fan not a scout. 

1 minute ago, Aidan said:

Like I said it's ambition. Look at the state of our Midfield if this was the summer fans would be going mad. 

It’s not the summer.

Ambition is surely signing top quality players who improve us. There’s a bigger picture you’re failing to see and it seems you’ve forgotten the recent accounts that are dangerously close to breaching FFP.

5 minutes ago, c1982 said:

It’s not the summer.

Ambition is surely signing top quality players who improve us. There’s a bigger picture you’re failing to see and it seems you’ve forgotten the recent accounts that are dangerously close to breaching FFP.

This for me.

Everyone wants to see players coming in because it’s exciting. Unfortunately we need to get rid of some of our rubbish and we will struggle to do that. I trust brands has worked hard with Carlo to identify targets but ultimately we don’t know who was available and for how much.

36 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Literally anybody would improve us right now. Even if it isn't a loan signing at least a rotation player we can have for a few years. 

Christ our Midfield is championship level. Davies, Morgan and delph... and Siggy doesn't even fit into our system. 

Why do you keep assuming I want us to spend 100m and 250k a week on a player? 

That's exactly the reasoning why Tosun and Walcott were signed. I'm pretty sure there would have been better players to be had for the 50 million spent on transfers plus around 200k per week on wages than those two.

Head rolling around on the floor there Aidan? 😂

Brands and Ancelotti are very very experienced in their jobs, if they haven’t brought someone in we need to trust them. Surely you don’t really think you know better than those two?

The mighty Man Utd signing Ighalo on loan, after three years in China and was shit in the premier league last time he was here. All you need to know about the January window in that signing.