Sign in to follow this  
johnh

Bad news

Just now, johnh said:

Her indoors has had a very bad fall.  Fortunately my brilliant son in law and daughter are here, we a waiting for the ambulance.

Feel for you John and thinking about you; my late mum had a few and mother-in-law is still recovering from cracked ribs after her latest. I know they can be really difficult in later life because people don't "bounce" like kids do any more. Wish her all the best and a speedy recovery my friend.

9 minutes ago, johnh said:

Her indoors has had a very bad fall.  Fortunately my brilliant son in law and daughter are here, we a waiting for the ambulance.

Hate to read that John and hope everything turns out okay. 

Thanks for your support guy's.  Went in the ambulance, blue lights and sirens all the way.  Never been to the hospital so quickly and never been through so many red lights!  Because she fell as a result of fainting they had to do xrays for body damage and blood tests for the fainting.  Nothing broken fortunately, just bruising.  Blood tests showed a urinary infection which was causing low blood pressure and high temperature. She is now in a ward and on antibiotics.   I left the hospital at 2.30am, Daughter stayed until her indoors went on a ward. Daughter left at 4.30am.  Daughter no.1 is on her way down from London and we will be visiting the hospital this afternoon.  Thanks again fellow Toffee's, your support really means a lot.

She’s in the right place John, I’m sure she’ll be taken care of and back on her feet before you know it. 
Make sure you get enough rest yourself, so easy to not look after yourself when looking after loved ones. 

Her indoors is still in hospital.  Daughter was with her today and they were confident she was coming home but they came and put a new drip on middle of the afternoon.  Hopefully tomorrow now.  Daughter says she is a lot brighter now.  Fortunately, I can sort myself out, though I must admit, I am getting a bit fed up with toast!

It's at times like this that family really pull together. The encouraging thing reading through these messages, John, is that your family are being there for you. Family can be a real blessing, although we often don't realize it. Praying for you and "her indoors".

17 hours ago, johnh said:

Her indoors is still in hospital.  Daughter was with her today and they were confident she was coming home but they came and put a new drip on middle of the afternoon.  Hopefully tomorrow now.  Daughter says she is a lot brighter now.  Fortunately, I can sort myself out, though I must admit, I am getting a bit fed up with toast!

The trick is many different types of jam, keep it different every time John!

Sounds like you’ve got some great kids around you, I’m sure Mrs H will be back indoors soon.