Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

West Ham (Away) Saturday January 18th

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He dropped it at the feet of the West Ham player and he had an (weak) shot which Holgate cleared when he was going at goal? Are you saying that's OK? 

We’re not talking about the same one then, thanks for the warning!

1 minute ago, Matt said:

We’re not talking about the same one then, thanks for the warning!

It was a bad one. Kind of reminds me of the goal by Liverpool from last year where he came out when he shouldn't have. 

3 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

It was a bad one. Kind of reminds me of the goal by Liverpool from last year where he came out when he shouldn't have. 

Now im confused. Anyway, still 1-1 so far as I know so he hasn’t screwed up further 

Well! West Ham are a truly dismal side. When you consider we have been decimated with injury, have a completely lopsided squad, conspired to put a goal on for them and blundered about in midfield and it still ended a draw. They need to go down and take their graveyard with them.

2 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Dont be silly. It's an Everton player. They can use spiked clubs and it would barely be a yellow card.

I don't know why I keep getting shocked. I should know by now. 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

So .....  red cards used to be given for intent. That was intent and contact .. . 

No. For it to be a red card against an Everton player there must be a minimum of loss of limbs, preferably decapitation. 

4 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Holgate man of the match. We need a midfielder on loan. Not a good day when you make old heads like Noble, Snodgrass, and Zabeleta look better than they are.

Davies and Delph were poor today. They got bossed in midfield for most of the game. We effectively conspired to give them a goal head start and West Ham still produced nothing. It shows how wealthy we are in midfield really.

4 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

I didn’t see it but... let’s hope it was enough to keep Morgan out of it next game.

I did and I’d rather Morgan played. 

4 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

No. For it to be a red card against an Everton player there must be a minimum of loss of limbs, preferably decapitation. 

Richarlisons against Bournemouth last year.... awful 

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

So .....  red cards used to be given for intent. That was intent and contact .. . 

He sneezed... :dry: bullsit call.

poor, worrying tactics from Carlo today. 

1 minute ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Surely time is up for Moise Kean. He can't score against West Ham, one of the very worst teams in the league. 

Time up? Not really started many games. He isn’t super strong in the air and it’s not like the midfield or lack there of was trying to play him in. He does need to work on his partnership play. Him and DCL were not on the same page. Charlie walls right back in.

2 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Surely time is up for Moise Kean. He can't score against West Ham, one of the very worst teams in the league. 

He had very little to work with. Most promising performance from him, though I know that could be seen in another light. No midfield = no wings = no frontal support. 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Richarlisons against Bournemouth last year.... awful 

Richarlison touched hair follicles, that is a horrific thing to do and was rightly sent off.

Not a single Everton player has lost a limb or been killed, clearly no red cards should have been shown.

This is the way!

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Did you see Delph play today?

I did. His foul did lead to the opportunity they scored but could see Morgan doing that more if he had played. He was shameful against Liverpool’s kids and totally weak in the lead up to that goal. And now I am remember that game... I need a drink.

Just now, TallPaul1878 said:

Stop bumming him, he's not gonna do it. It's time to accept this as fact. It's just one of those things. Get him sold on and get a player who knows what the goal looks like.

I'm not bumming him.... I'm accepting that at 19 years old in a new country 3rd manager in less than 6 months he has to be given time.

Sell for what and to who? If he was 29 then I would still be looking to give him time.  But he is 19..... 19. He's a kid.  Would club he saying sell Anthony Gordon or Lewis Gibson? 

Just now, Hafnia said:

I'm not bumming him.... I'm accepting that at 19 years old in a new country 3rd manager in less than 6 months he has to be given time.

Sell for what and to who? If he was 29 then I would still be looking to give him time.  But he is 19..... 19. He's a kid.  Would club he saying sell Anthony Gordon or Lewis Gibson? 

Nineteen nineteen ne ne ne ne nineteen.

Cracking song that!

It was difficult to see what the plan was. Mina had obviously been told to bring the ball out, and they’d been told to keep possession in the back third, but that just let West Ham press us too much and it brought pressure on us in the first half. Frustrating that Carlo didn’t change it, but far worse was the wet, weak and halfhearted way in that we played. Can’t blame Carlo for that. We were just lucky that the Hammers are bollocks and got away with a drawer.  Also anyone that thinks we should get rid of Pickford, even for 90m, is out fo their minds. He’s a brilliant keeper and we’d have been beaten many more times this season without him. We are lucky to have him. The only player that has performed consistently well in this chuck money about everywhere period of the club.

Just got back on the coach. I feel sorry for Carlo because he hasn’t got the players. Our central midfield was non existent. Davies will never be a consistent premier league midfielder. Coleman’s legs have gone and digne didn’t look interested. Holgate, Mina DCl and kean were the only players that were up for it. 

From the first minute I was worried about us playing around with it at the back. We’ve not got the personnel for that right now and it played right into WH Hands. We’re skills have been missing out our useless midfield and forcing them to turn and chase DCL and Kean. I suspect Carlo Will feel that Bernard really let him down. Tactics appeared to be to get him free in the pocket and dictating play but he just kept losing the ball and turning it over in awful positions. 

DCL and Kean will need a lot more time together, never seemed on the same page. 

Mina and Holgate we’re both very solid defensively and Pickford has to save us a couple times.   

- missing our best player in richarlison

- midfield is still non-existent and delph was awful per usual

- still no quality RW options as walcott is a joke

- used a FB at RW because our squad is so bare

because of all of that i am happy with the result.  we fought, we gave it a go, we scored a goal and fought back after being down.  get some healthy players back and some reinforcements and we are a different side.  on to the next

1 hour ago, nogs said:

But you moaned about our CMs sitting on our CBs toes?? That's all Schneiderlin does! 

That’s how bad the two in midfield did today 

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

That’s how bad the two in midfield did today 

You must have seen something in the Liverpool match I didn't to think Schneiderlin would do any better. I've quoted the stats elsewhere - 11 Prem appearances for him this season, 2 wins. Keep him well away. If Gbamin isn't back soon, and the silence on him suggests he's not, I'd be looking at loan options this month rather than play Schneiderlin. 

Just now, nogs said:

You must have seen something in the Liverpool match I didn't to think Schneiderlin would do any better. I've quoted the stats elsewhere - 11 Prem appearances for him this season, 2 wins. Keep him well away. If Gbamin isn't back soon, and the silence on him suggests he's not, I'd be looking at loan options this month rather than play Schneiderlin. 

My stream was awful for the u23 humiliation but today it was clear and two things were clear; I could’ve done better than Davies and Delph combined, and I can’t even go to sleep without breaking something or fucking up in some way. That’s how bad they were and Morgan, depending on which clone turns up, isn’t close to that - even the bad one

See the West Ham fans had a pre-match protest against the owners, understandable.

They do themselves zero favours by the fact that they (and Karen Brady) sit on what appear to be totally private "throne" areas to watch the games. I know Bill and Fahrad have more comfy seats than the rest of the fans in the directors box at Goodison but there's no comparison. Embarrassing.

1 hour ago, chicagoblue said:

From the first minute I was worried about us playing around with it at the back

That’s the way Ancelotti plays the game, and he hasn’t come here to change his style of play he’s come here to change the team’s style of play to his way. 
I think we will have to see a lot more of this as he makes the adjustments, and the players will either come good or be replaced. 

We need a brand new pair of central midfielders BADLY! Even if Gomes and Gbamin come good once fit, we need more options, because those we have right now are not good enough for backup. I would keep Davies as a fifth option only because he's homegrown and still young. As soon as Delph, Sig and Morgan leave the better.