IGNORED

Emre Can

Very good player imo 

In his run up to leaving the shite when playing slightly more often he looked a player, I even thought why are they letting this guy go. 

Not sure if it was him personally wanting out for more game time etc but I'd take him here pending his fitness 

26 in his prime technical athletic and can carry the ball, pretty much what we massively lack now 

Season Injury from until Days Games missed
18/19 Muscular problems May 3, 2019 May 9, 2019 6 days 1Juventus FC
18/19 Distortion of the ankle Apr 7, 2019 Apr 14, 2019 7 days 2Juventus FC
18/19 Ill Oct 21, 2018 Dec 5, 2018 45 days 8Juventus FC
17/18 Back Injury Mar 18, 2018 May 25, 2018 68 days 11Liverpool FC
16/17 Ankle problems Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017 0 days -
16/17 Knee Injury Dec 9, 2016 Dec 19, 2016 10 days 3Liverpool FC
16/17 Tear in a joint capsule Aug 22, 2016 Sep 20, 2016 29 days 5Liverpool FC
15/16 Torn Ankle Ligament Apr 14, 2016 May 2, 2016 18 days 6Liverpool FC
14/15 Ankle Injury Sep 8, 2014 Oct 16, 2014 38 days 7Liverpool FC
12/13 Torn Ankle Ligament Nov 5, 2012 Dec 31, 2012 56 days 11Bayern Munich
11/12 Torn Muscle Mar 15, 2012 Apr 5, 2012 21 days 4FC Bayern Munich II

His injury record is not that bad. The most severe one is a back injury he got at the end of his spell at Anfield. Also underwent thyroid surgery most recently, but that has nothing to do with playing football. 

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Once a red always a red.  No from me.  I wouldn’t take mane salah van dijk.  Call me what you will but a red won’t be one of them

That's insane.... if we had the money to buy any of those 3 players and they would come then we would and should buy them because they would improve our team.... 3 x world class players.  

Would Liverpool fans be Again st buying Richarlison? No! They know it would boil Everton fans piss for one. ..  and secondly he's a player who would improve the squad.

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Once a red always a red.  No from me.  I wouldn’t take mane salah van dijk.  Call me what you will but a red won’t be one of them

When I started following Everton we had a guy called Kevin Sheedy playing for us. Best left sided midfielder we've ever had imo, won two league titles, an FA Cup and European Cup Winners Cup with us. Played for Liverpool before us. 

The way I see it, not signing a player coz they have previously played for your local rivals is the very definition of a bitter small club mentality. If you want to be the best, petty shit like that shouldn't come remotely into who you do or don't sign. 

Back to Can - he would improve our midfield because he can has the athleticism to press properly, something I don't think any of our current lot do. Not sure about £30m though given his injury record. 

26 minutes ago, nogs said:

Back to Can - he would improve our midfield because he can has the athleticism to press properly, something I don't think any of our current lot do. Not sure about £30m though given his injury record. 

The best he played for Liverpool was at centre half as he didn't have the athleticism to press in midfield. Main moans were that he's too slow off the mark and he slows the play down. We might as well just stick with Schneiderlin. 

4 hours ago, pete0 said:

The best he played for Liverpool was at centre half as he didn't have the athleticism to press in midfield. Main moans were that he's too slow off the mark and he slows the play down. We might as well just stick with Schneiderlin. 

Klopp mostly used him as a midfielder. You don't play in midfield under Klopp if you don't have a good engine and mobility. 

• 2 weeks later...