Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Watford (Away) Saturday February 1st

Just now, Aidan said:

Can't believe that was Walcotts first goal this season. Its nearly Feb and he has continually been picked by our managers despite being shit. 

Either way I'll take it. 

He's a hugely frustrating player. For the vast majority of the game he seems to huff and puff but produce nothing, week in week out.

His final ball is always a massive let down but he is perfectly capable of absolutely roasting his defender, it's so frustrating and he just isn't consistent enough.

Granted he scored the winner today but over the course of a season he just lets so so many attacks break down. 

2 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Well I think Richarlison just showed us why he is absolutely indispensable to this side. He was just too quick on that counter attack, they were looking to bring him down but couldn't keep up.

He doesn’t stop putting himself about. Good final ball - normally he would let himself down there, he’s really developing.

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He’s shit Walcott composed get in, when was the last time we came back from 2-0 down away from home. 

1966 FA Cup Final springs to mind!

17 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

Haven’t posted in a minute because I’ve been busy with work and law school applications, but I just arrived in London and this will be my first ever Everton match. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to get tickets in the away end, so I’ll have to pretend to be somewhat of a neutral, but I’m still excited beyond belief.

Well that was a baptism of fire, could you control yourself when the third went in?

Walcott a waste of a shirt for 89 minutes then bam!

While we’re basking in the after glow here, can I just say, how in the world was that a foul by Kean in t the corner at the end?  He has the back and was wearing two Watford defenders in his back. Refs couldn’t wait to jump in and give fouls against us. Joke. 

1 minute ago, Btay said:

He doesn’t stop putting himself about. Good final ball - normally he would let himself down there, he’s really developing.

He does so much work for the team. He always offers for the ball knowing full well he is about to get clattered. He is frustrating with some of his antics but he genuinely does get kicked off the park and still comes back for more.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

Over 2 years is the last time we came back from going behind to win in the league. 

It may not have been a polished performance but this is progression, this will breed confidence. 

2 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

While we’re basking in the after glow here, can I just say, how in the world was that a foul by Kean in t the corner at the end?  He has the back and was wearing two Watford defenders in his back. Refs couldn’t wait to jump in and give fouls against us. Joke. 

Yeah they need a real look at themselves. No accountability for refs it seems.

I don’t really know what to say about that game. Carlo’s line up hamstrung us from the off, we were playing terribly and deservedly found ourselves 2 down, somehow managed to get it back to 2-2, then the fraud decides to display how much of a fraud he is (again) by getting himself sent off, then we manage to get the winning goal...

Everton, that. 

The main thing was that after going down to 10 men we continued to try and win the game.

I think Carlo has learned from the Newcastle debacle that these players aren't suited to holding out for a result. We need to keep the opposition on the back foot and try to put them to the sword.

3 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

We're a competent midfield away from pushing for a Europa place. 

Gomes isn't far away from a return now. We just need to keep grinding out the results now and go on a bit of a run.

I'll take 1-0 wins for the rest of the season now please.

21 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Well I think Richarlison just showed us why he is absolutely indispensable to this side. He was just too quick on that counter attack, they were looking to bring him down but couldn't keep up.

He also stood up to be counted when we went down to 10 men too. 

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

This implies an amazing statistic. None of the previous three managers (Koeman, Allardyce, and Silva) ever managed a come back win away from home. Ancelotti is the first since Martinez.

6 minutes ago, johnh said:

If we hadn't conceded those two late goals to Newcastle, we'd by in 6th place tonight.

Honestly I think that game was important for Ancelotti. He really needed to see the fragility of some of these players.

The come back today also showed which players have got what it takes. Richarlison the stand out player for me.

Holgate is ever reliable now. Mina did great to get us back into the game but had a brain fart picking the ball up and getting a yellow.

Delph was hugely frustrating. He actually had a few good spells and made a nice little jinking run, but then he went back to usual and got himself sent off. He has been a poor signing.

Our experienced players have been letting us down and our younger players have really shone this season.

9 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

This implies an amazing statistic. None of the previous three managers (Koeman, Allardyce, and Silva) ever managed a come back win away from home. Ancelotti is the first since Martinez.

I was specifically looking comebacks from two down Steve, we may have come back from one down under them, don't know.

53 minutes ago, Palfy said:

What about away from 2-0 down. 

Sheff Wed 1966?

Edited to confirm previous excelllent research by Mike0. WBA 2-3 Everton in 2015.