IGNORED

So Why Everton...

Cisk

I was born in Newcastle moved to Swindon aged 3 ( not my choice although it has served me well) then at 6 nearly 7 I started to take an interest in football because of the hype surrounding the up and coming World Cup.

If Everton hadn’t won the F.A Cup that season I wouldn’t have been an Everton supporter that was the first team and game that stuck with me, my parents god bless their souls were die hard Geordies and couldn’t understand why I would want to follow Everton, now I’m beginning to realise why😉

7 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Yvette Leurs was a few tables away from me and she said she supported Everton. And she was pretty fit for a 12 year old (that sounds so bad) so here was my chance to impress her, while not looking like a complete pussy at the same time.

Get that completely, my nemesis (as for all the boys in class) was a lass called Frances Rogers; there was no football involved but we were all in love with her, she was just a nice person who had no idea numerous eleven year olds were totally smitten by her. I hope and trust she's had a good life, but I'd be very surprised if the Blues have played a part in it. 

My first experience at a kiddy football side when I was about 5, I was given a blue shirt to play in. I asked my dad who played in blue and, stupidly for a lifelong Liverpool fan, he said Everton and that was that. 

To be fair to him he never once tried to change my mind and even joined the family club and took me to Goodison several times a season. 

51 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

World Cup final, first full game I ever watched on TV with my Blackburn Rovers supporting dad. Mesmerised by Alan Ball, became a Blue then. 

Passed me by that; not sure why because I was six and my dad was footie mad so I'm surprised I wan't sat down in front of the telly by him, maybe I was but I took no interest. Too late to ask him now, must ask bro if he remembers it, he was coming up to eight; not something we've ever talked about.

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

Always think I could have been a Glory Supporter and supported West Ham especially as we lived in Essex then!!

Moving on from that I had a newspaper headline which read (in big letters) "ENGLAND OWE IT TO EVERTON" on the wall in my studio at work in the '86 World Cup when "crab" Wilkins and golden boy Robson were out of the side in Mexico due to injury and suspension and we got Reidy and tricky Trev and we were transformed (along with Stevens and Lineker) in the group. Bobby Robson great manager but the changes he he was "forced" to make were totally obvious for every Blue; all very sad that the serial cheating Maradonna cost us what could have been a second win.