IGNORED

Kobe Bryant

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/no-survivors-los-angeles-area-helicopter-crash-n1123406

Truly stunned when I saw the news. Stopped me dead in my tracks. Not only one of the greatest athletes in history (and has always been a massive supporter of footy), but one of the most charitable off the court as well. 

RIP to a true legend.

13 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

People have got to be crazy to get in a helicopter. They are literally death traps.

The saddest part of it for me is the death of his daughter too. 

My uncle was a helicopter engineer, first in the forces and then working on the ones ferrying workers to and from North Sea oil rigs; always said he'd never let his family fly in one of them (strangely his eldest became a diver and flew backwards and forwards to the rigs for years). 

Still safer than driving a car though!

https://www.newsmax.com/us/kobebryant-helicoptercrash-airtravel/2020/01/26/id/951379/

I had to read the headline 3 or 4 times when I received a notification on my phone about his death to comprehend that it was actually Kobe Bryant. It is that unbelievable. 

I'm not a basketball fan by any means, but the man was a legend on and off the court. Add to that his daughter was on board making it all the more tragic. Hate to see that happen to anyone's family. 

18 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

People have got to be crazy to get in a helicopter. They are literally death traps.

The saddest part of it for me is the death of his daughter too. 

i was with my family when we got the news and my brother said the same thing as you.  it does seem like a very large number of celebrities have died in helicopter accidents in general.  i think the thing is if you can't land one you die. it either works or you're dead, very binary.  similar to a plane.  whereas car wrecks i've been in a few and i'm fine (some on here might debate that ;) )